Planning

Junk goes here, bitches.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 07, 2004 9:34 pm

on the source of the war., he starting story...

I'd like to suggest the idea of have both factions compete for the same 1 object. but instead of the winner of the object being granted riches, power, whies, typical etc..

maybe faction A would need the item to fix a problem they have. and faction B would need the item for a similar reason purpose.

example.
Faction A needs Item X to save the life of somone important to them...Faction B needs item X to restore the well being of their country/nation whaterver.

this way nobody is bad or good. both need item X for a noble and good reason. but thay cant share the item. so they have to compete for ownership of it. instant war.

by the time which ever side gets item X and uses it, I assume the story will be more developed dut to our particiaption and we can all continue the war for however long.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 07, 2004 9:37 pm

Masteroftheweb wrote: i am not personally fond of the ff8 world, the schools didn't appeal to me, infact... the only thing in that game that appealed to me was ragnorok...

but I'm not participating, so it's yalls ball... I'm just dishing out ideas
oh we wouldnt be doing like the schools thing whatever. just using the world as a base. aside from the limitations on magic and tech. it wouldnt even have any relation ship with the game. its pretty much just a guidline.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri May 07, 2004 9:53 pm

from my point of view FF8 is like next to perfect start up, you can do soo much with that world, it's extremely easy to adapt, don't believe me ? check how many FF8 fan fics there are compared to FF7/9/X/X-2 or Xenogears

it's a great mix of swords/magic and tech
Last edited by Mik on Fri May 07, 2004 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri May 07, 2004 11:06 pm

Yeah my original intent was not to have the Gardens it was more to do with the existance of everything in the world. As I dont have or know much about Xenogears I didn't say that and being a FF board I thought it was more relevant to use a game that everyone was at least vaguely familiar with. I didn't want the Summons or anything. I didn't want witches being the most powerful beings in the world...I just wanted a place where someone could use a sword, magic and a gun in a harmony of equality. and I suppose if you look at the world it's actually got some nice settings... like Trabia was mountains, Esthar was techy (you CAN have a place that is exceptionally hightech to appease those types), you have your quiet sleepy old town of balamb, big corrupt city of Delling...and I could go on. You have all those things coexisting in the same sort of plane...what's not to like?
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sat May 08, 2004 12:19 am

you forget hun, we aren't a ff board anymore
Drayton
Enforcer

Post by Drayton » Sat May 08, 2004 9:28 am

B) Well get it started people so I can see what side my character is going to be on. I would help with ideas but I just got so many other things going on but If I get a chance I will throw something in.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Sun May 09, 2004 1:45 am

let's have the entire thing side stories branching off from 8-bit theatre:-p

seriously though, i don't care what you have the basic plot line cause i already know what i'm doing regardless of tehcnology, magic, location, storyline, or whatever.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun May 09, 2004 2:14 am

nobodies volunteered leadership yet...
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Sun May 09, 2004 2:16 am

i would, but i'm going to be more neutral. or perhaps just more unpredictable.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sun May 09, 2004 2:17 am

kaos wrote: on the source of the war., he starting story...

I'd like to suggest the idea of have both factions compete for the same 1 object. but instead of the winner of the object being granted riches, power, whies, typical etc..

maybe faction A would need the item to fix a problem they have. and faction B would need the item for a similar reason purpose.

example.
Faction A needs Item X to save the life of somone important to them...Faction B needs item X to restore the well being of their country/nation whaterver.

this way nobody is bad or good. both need item X for a noble and good reason. but thay cant share the item. so they have to compete for ownership of it. instant war.

by the time which ever side gets item X and uses it, I assume the story will be more developed dut to our particiaption and we can all continue the war for however long.
seems sound, gives both sides a reason to fight, and whats better for fighting for than a noble cause

Twas i slayed the dragon!

still, this could turn out to be an interesting read
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun May 09, 2004 2:28 am

I got nothing against you trying nuetrality...
but dont be pissed off if it doesnt work out at all.

most people who followed that path wer just writting for the sake of writting.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Sun May 09, 2004 2:31 am

yeah, that sounds about right. all i plan to do is indulge my want of insaneley bloody and graphic violence, or possibly join a side at a later date and indulge more specifically.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun May 09, 2004 3:07 am

Puts up a hand

I'll either be the third judicator or the leader of a faction.

gimme
Drayton
Enforcer

Post by Drayton » Sun May 09, 2004 3:34 am

B) If nobody steps to take leadership I guess I will think about it. But I rather be someone's right hand man so if any leaders step I'm the guy you want. It so much more fun to be the right hand man instead of the leader to me anyways but I am capable of both.
Last edited by Drayton on Sun May 09, 2004 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun May 09, 2004 1:36 pm

I've never been a leader .. it's not in me