Planning

Junk goes here, bitches.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 07, 2004 4:04 am

its already friday. do we need another day or two?
we still need a 3rd judge and some other things.
Last edited by kaos on Fri May 07, 2004 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri May 07, 2004 5:18 am

In case you're wondering, I'm not rushing forward with any ideas because I'm shit when it comes to plotlines.
PWX
Scavenger

Post by PWX » Fri May 07, 2004 6:50 am

Well

An FF8 world sounds good. I think what we all want is a middle ground where technology or magic isn't so far-fetched. So let's just say that both technology and magic are real but nothing too extreme

Some ideas:

1) Several worlds develop the technology to travel through space. They wander out trying to find a new habitable world and come across Earth (or whatever we're going to use as the main basis" They each set up their own colonies on different continents and start to grow in civilization. Eventually they discover eachother (they don't know who inhabits this world) The big struggle would be between the major races.

Each group would be fighting for their own races domination of the planet.

Everyone could have their own little sub story with this of course but that would be the main goal is the group who comes out on top

2) A entire planet of people migrate to a new world where they find a legend of an item that would bestow them with one wish. The people, who were once peaceful, suddenly begin splitting into factions that are after this item.
The people within the factions would work together but will ultimately turn against eachother in the end (whenever it's decided that is) and the one left standing would be allowed to make their wish. Their wish would be based upon something they developed in their story

3) Different factions of bounty hunters lets say (you could even have a faction of people who had bounty prices on them I guess) The leaders of each group have an intertwined story into why they hate eachother and so would the members (we'd match it up, leader x Leader member1 x member1 etc. They'd each have their own reasons why they dislike eachother. In order for this to work though, everyone would need a partner though and they'd need to come up with a story between them that they could both agree on.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri May 07, 2004 9:16 am

Although I'm not really into making a character for this however, FF8 didn't have real Star-Space travel, they could get to the moon and that was pushing it.

When talking to Johnny he said he didn't really want space travel to be an issue.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 07, 2004 5:46 pm

mostly cuzz we had arguments of things like if vehicles could get thru atmosphere and how light was percieved by cloaked ships, etc....
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Fri May 07, 2004 7:18 pm

So really all that's been decided is that the technology runs along the lines of Final Fantasy VIII? I hesitate to sign up in the member profiles because I don't particularly know what options you have as far as races and the like. Shouldn't we attempt to establish that kind of stuff before we even sign up a character?
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri May 07, 2004 7:44 pm

How can multiple space fairing races colonize a planet, and NOT be aware of eachother...

and more importantly... how can multiple space faring races just happen along the same planet... and just happen to colonize away from eachother...

I think the better idea in that senerio would be the alpha centura game's idea

a bunch of humans colonize a planet... but shit happens on the ship, factions fight eachother, and the ship starts to go down, so the factions all get seperated in the escape pods that were city sized I beleive. and you don't know who's city pods surived the crash, you basicly thing you're the only survivor till you come across them. but we all know otherwise.... cause why make a civilization style game just to not have someone to fight

in that game, the factions we enic groups, the chinese russans and americans are all I really remember, but there were quite a few

not saying use that... it would just make more sense than multiple space fairing races colonize the same planet
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 07, 2004 7:51 pm

in the old war we were all pretty much terranians, some super human, some not, but still all from earth....till we had the razeloen thing. where they were an alien race and pretty much landed on earth and interacted with the rest of us.

ofcourse the only real razelon was FB. the rest were filler characters.

ive got no problem with alien race and what not. but the space traveling and planets and starships and what not....thats a bit much from ff8.
Last edited by kaos on Fri May 07, 2004 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri May 07, 2004 8:02 pm

and ff8 sucks

I'd like to place the rule that if a mediator becomes interested... (not likely in my case beyond the entertainment of reading) that they can assign someone to take there place as mediator and join in.

I just want to leave the opportinutiy for any of the mediators to join should they want to.
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Fri May 07, 2004 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 07, 2004 8:04 pm

good rule Will.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri May 07, 2004 8:48 pm

FF8 IS GREAT
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri May 07, 2004 8:54 pm

I knew this was coming... :lol:

Maybe that's what we should have a war about.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri May 07, 2004 8:55 pm

Mik Wolven wrote: FF8 IS GREAT
FAG!
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 07, 2004 9:10 pm

despite what anybody thinks of the game itself its probably the best ff world to base this thing off of.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri May 07, 2004 9:30 pm

depends on what you wants exactly

I personally think that the better choice would be the Xenogears world

technology is there, but no one knows what it really is, it's all ancient.

that could settle some of the factions form another worls conflicts

and magic exists... for whatever reason... it does

i am not personally fond of the ff8 world, the schools didn't appeal to me, infact... the only thing in that game that appealed to me was ragnorok...

but I'm not participating, so it's yalls ball... I'm just dishing out ideas