Planning

Junk goes here, bitches.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue May 04, 2004 8:44 pm

Okay we've got a clean slate. Let's make use of it. Unfortunately this isn't a great time for me so you'll have to figure out what you want amongst yourself. I think it's important that you plan this thing out a bit before letting loose with it. I don't want to end up with a different side for every character though more than two sides would be cool. It's also up to you whether or not we take from the Alpha Wars. I don't think this is a good idea in general but I guess we could reuse some of the characters. Discuss.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue May 04, 2004 9:14 pm

me thinks it's time i start another faction....only this time i ain't gonna be one for diplomacy. :E
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue May 04, 2004 9:19 pm

Yeah Mike reminded me of something. The other Aura clans don't apply here.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue May 04, 2004 10:41 pm

well 2 factions of opposing values. thats a given.

I think a 3rd would be nice. but it happens I'd rather not have the 3rd be nuetral like FB's 3rd faction Instead, I think they should have a conflict of intrest as well, which would add to the story.

GG and BG's you know, it really worked in giving each faction a real identity. but as I remember it was eventually made into an issue. basicly the bad guys didnt want to be called bad...seeing as how the good guys were pretty bad. this time I think it'd be good to choose faction titles that dont imply a certain behavior....just to be safe.

any arguments are left up to Will and Tifa to make the final decision on. do they both have to make them together?....well in theory thats would be nice. but to avoid a hung jury situation...to speed up the decision making process...and to recognize the fact that they both have a life. No. who ever of them makes the decision first. if they would like to discuss the problem between them, thats totally up to them, but its not required.
keep in mind neither of them is supposed to have favoritsm toward either side of the war.

this is all open for discussion so if anybody has anything theyd like to say, add, disagree with, please say so.
it cuts down the bitching later.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue May 04, 2004 11:00 pm

No need to fill in an application. just post up a character sheet similar to this and join in.
-------------------------------------
Player Name: (forum identity)

Name: (character name)
Race: (optional/ if empty assumed human)

Physical Description:

Weapons (3 max):

Favored weapon:

Bio: (optional)
---------------------------------

feel free to add more info to it, but really, this is all that matters.

we need to pick an era or craft a world with its own limits on things like technology and...stuff.

we should probably refrain from starting till like friday. just so all the planning is is done and to give time for official rules to be written up.

everyone should be reminded that the aura wars is a story..not a game.
Last edited by kaos on Tue May 04, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iMak
Civillian

Post by iMak » Tue May 04, 2004 11:57 pm

Another role playing section? Wow.
Xanien

Post by Xanien » Wed May 05, 2004 12:58 am

You better shorten that application, and ban the use of NPCs in more than one post . . . Oh, and by third faction, don't you mean just "Xanien"???? I was a one man army you know . . I had a conflict of interest with everybody . . . :lol:
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Wed May 05, 2004 1:21 am

can we have like a interest of conflict instead of a conflict of interest perhaps?
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Wed May 05, 2004 3:12 am

Xanien wrote: You better shorten that application, and ban the use of NPCs in more than one post . . . Oh, and by third faction, don't you mean just "Xanien"???? I was a one man army you know . . I had a conflict of interest with everybody . . . :lol:
Hahahaha, so true. you where the insane one. joining one side, help them, leave them and join the other help them. then you ended up going beserk and trying to destroy everyone.

i'll see about joining in the near future. got finals. :huh but i do hve ideas for a character... oh well
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed May 05, 2004 1:13 pm

I think I prefer to have 3 'moderators' or whatever they are called just in case it ever comes to a somewhat important decision.

From memory the moderators can interact in the wars but there vote doesn't count if they are somehow involved in the issue in question?

Yes...the GG's in the end where move Bad then the actual badguys...I think that's what happens when a faction is led by Xuenay and myself... stupid inheriant nobility.

This did come up last time and I think it's important. If your post involves another persons characters you have to make them act as you know they where created to be or how they would act. You can't be making them handing you the command codes to someones impenetrable fortress. Thats why we where having arguments in the first place about things. and there should always be editability for I dont know... 24 hours. in case there is a dispute.

All factions should have an appointed leader yes? Are we going to have a set chain of command protocol? or can that vary?

Should there be rules on recruitment. I'd also like to know in what realm of being is this being held in. Magic, machines, futuristic, guns, what sort of weapons are we talking?

I like the idea of encorporating all of them in a sort of time like FF8 is held in. There are all of the above but withing pretty reasonable domains.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed May 05, 2004 2:33 pm

I'm cool with all that.

Im not sure about a command chain tho. Ive got nothing agasint it, I just dont know if its somthing we should requre or let the appointed leader sort out.

the ff8 style of world is a good one, and i think we can assume most of us are familiar with it too.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed May 05, 2004 4:03 pm

The FFVIII style thing is cool with me. I'm not too keen on a chain of command. I was planning on being more of a loner (but still on a certain side) on this occasion.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Wed May 05, 2004 4:16 pm

perhaps for those that are actually going to take part in this should have a thread to post w/e characters they have that way others can look through things for a reference and such???
Xanien

Post by Xanien » Wed May 05, 2004 5:46 pm

I'm just going to have a self-defeating character this time, one where NOTHING works out for him, so whenever he's involved in a conflict, he always loses. Also, I'm going to be the LAST one using the cool stuff . . . I'll be stuck with hand me down FFVI technology . . .
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed May 05, 2004 6:39 pm

thats sounds like it'd be interesting xan

I think we kind of need somthing to fight about.
im not sure what the hell it was in alpha days...but I know it was somthing. kidnapp?
when beta began its own war...there was absolutly nothing being fight about. and it didnt even last a month.

So we may need a starter story.
Last edited by kaos on Wed May 05, 2004 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.