Downtime 23/11/2004

Information, problems and conversation on anything and everything to do with Aura and these here boards.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:20 pm

Sorry about today's downtime. I don't know what the hell caused it. All I know is I woke up this morning and the server had seriously crapped its pants for several reasons at once. This isn't the first time the ibf_sessions table has messed up. I guess it must be a bug in the board. Fortunately it's quite easy to fix. The other stuff wasn't though. <_<

It definately wasn't Mik though. <--- And I definitely didn't type that. See. I can spell definitely. :P
Last edited by Chewi on Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:28 pm

Yes, it wasn't me .. I was playing eq2 at the time
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:31 pm

yea i wondered about the whole error ... its the same one i got i think
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:22 pm

In hindsight I thik I fixed this problem before at Wolvenzero a simple sql refresh did it .. but I asusmed something had happened server side with this so I left it to Chewi.

lol fucking typo's
Last edited by Mik on Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:32 pm

Ah i see ... i wish i had some one told me that. The dude i asked said the database was furbar and i had to restart the boards ... lucky i had only 2 members cause it was just startin
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:50 pm

Well last time it happened, only Matt couldn't log on. I went into phpmyadmin, chose the ibf_sessions table and tried to delete the rows with him in but it wouldn't let me delete them. I chose "optimize" and that seemed to do the trick. This time, the whole table had somehow been lost or corrupted so I deleted its entry and recreated the table using the SQL from the installation script.

I actually discovered the root cause of the problem this time. My boss had switched the server off. Me and him have been having difficulties lately and he had decided (without telling me) to close down the whole company. He turned it back on first thing this morning when he remembered that Aura is hosted on there. Something must have got corrupted when he switched it off. When I found out about this today, I was quite shocked. I don't want him to close down the whole company. I think we may be able to work out a solution. I'll speak to him about it soon. And don't worry, I have my own backup server handy so Aura won't be made homeless.
Last edited by Chewi on Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:36 pm

I have webhosting if we really needed it, I got some 150mb of mysql database worth to use up :P