Smackdown vs. Raw

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:17 am

Eh, might as well. I'm thinking about it.

I mean I have the game, and my PS2 has a network thingie built in...so possibly.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:03 pm

cool WWE online

more info required josh
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:11 pm

Basically, you make a room, wait till someone challenges you, then you beat the crap out of them.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:32 pm

cool

and like you use your cutom chars?
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:52 am

yes.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:14 am

SOLD

Whens it out?
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:41 am

I've had it for a couple days now.

It came out on the 2nd.

The online thing is probably why there aren't as many layers to fiddle with on CAW than in HCTP.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:04 pm

UK release is Nov 19 just to clear up.

Less custom parts as HTCP you say? I was dreading something like that, the last decent custom character builder was on Smack Down 3 which was also, unfortunately the worst WWE game ever created when you look at the budget spent and time taken. SmackDown 3 I had about 6 or 7 custom guys, SmackDown 4 I had about 5 and on HTCP I have only bothered to create and keep 3 characters and I only ever play as 2 of those, the other I made simply to show off the CAW appearance. If this pattern continues I'll probably only bother to make 1 caw and maybe add one or two superstars who were left out of the game again. (I don't count real superstars made into the game using the custom caw builder as custom caws)

Unfortunately THQ as publishers aren't really that interested in their games and the developers of the WWE series haven't seemed really interested in following up their games with any extras, also there isn't an official organisation for PS2's online capabilities, this means that all multiplayer activity for this game will be player run which will leads to several minor problems. Multiplayer games in which you don't have stats tend not to do well in the charts, after all the CS kids who play around 7 hours of every day (and/or cheat) need to have something to show for it. Without a major body to organise it, you can't have an online story mode, which would kick so much ass. You can't have an online stable, because who you gonna register it with? and so on.

I can however see one huge huge pile of coolness in this idea though, a true 30 man royal rumble without any dumb ass AI guys in there. I really don't see why there have been no more WWE games on the pc, I mean the modding community would love it and for organised multiplayer, you can't beat the communities for pc gaming.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:12 pm

I was just made aware that apparently only one vs one matches are available in multiplayer. That is going to really hurt the game in the charts, I could only live with the reduced custom character creator if the multiplayer was good, looking over what I was just told today it seems like less of a game than HCTP. There aren't enough extras over the previous game to make this one seem worthwhile, it'll definitely be a game that I'll play extensively before I even think of buying.