street fighter 2

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:44 pm

i just got the ps2 street fighter two hyper 15th aniversarry edition. and it kicks ass and comes strongly recommended for those of you who dont have it, although it is one of those games that are far better when used as a multiplayer. not to much has been changed which is a good thing, and it has the street fighter two animated movie on it aswell. what more could you ask for/
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:44 pm

I was never a street fighter fan myself,more of a MK buff

now Tekken,
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:25 pm

sucks
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:25 pm

i think tekken is pretty crap actually

MK is good but it has this thing about it that allows it to get old.

streetfighter is good...
but i prefer the street fighter 3 and or the alpha series of games rather than the original series of games
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:33 pm

I'm an avid tekken fan tho i like it
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:48 am

i didnt really like tekken, though i did play it a fair bit, dont know why just one of those things.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:53 am

That game kicks ass, tho i think alan only got it so he could beat me at it, a rematch is in order, platform: dreamcast game: powerstone!!

w00t
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:26 am

actually i got it cos i loved the originall, and when i got it i never thought i would beat you, after the asskicking i have received at powerstone and dead or alive. i was expecting to have my ass handed to me, but it aint my fault i rule
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:56 am

I saw the street fighter film

*hay bail roles past...someone coughs*

ok

*leaves with head down*
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:41 am

I'm not such a fighting game fan, but I liked Street Fighter better than Mortal Kombat or Tekken myself. In SF it felt like you had a much greater range of motion. MK was okay, but Tekken just seemed sluggish. Of course I haven't picked up a fighter in about five years so...
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:33 am

dead or alive kicks everybody's ass

'course you ps2 people wouldn't understand. That system can't support the kind of graphics the DOA series needs, but if you like fighters, it's worth picking up the console for. Especially since the game that comes out in the next day or two has online ability.
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:04 am

i dont think that dead or alive can be compared to street fighter, what with the total difference in graphics and gameplay. street fighter is an adaption from a 16 bit console now working on a 128 bit, so its 16 bit graphics in a 2d sidescroll enviroment, against the 128 bit of d or a in a 3d world. dead or alive is a great game but it just doesnt have the retro feel of street fighter

oh god i just read what i typed and it makes no sense but im to lazy to retype.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:26 am

Ballz.... was slow but novel.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:50 pm

adok wrote:i dont think that dead or alive can be compared to street fighter, what with the total difference in graphics and gameplay. street fighter is an adaption from a 16 bit console now working on a 128 bit, so its 16 bit graphics in a 2d sidescroll enviroment, against the 128 bit of d or a in a 3d world. dead or alive is a great game but it just doesnt have the retro feel of street fighter

oh god i just read what i typed and it makes no sense but im to lazy to retype.
i understand

and i have to admit, before it went all crazy and apeshit, i LOVED the street fighter series. I have a brief affair with MK (only liked the first two) then found DOA, and i'm pretty much hooked

Somewhere in there i also found a bit of time to play tekkin and soul calibur, but never really fell in love with it. Samurai Showdown is just fucking awesome, but i suck at it, so it's really not worth talking about too much
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:40 am

I'm not a beat em up fan. Tho I did love Street Fighter 2 on the Amiga! It kicked ass and I rather play SF2 any day over the new stuff. Such a retro game it kicked ass. MK was good but it kinda got old with all the releases and stuff. Tekken is ok wasnt to much a fan of it. DOA is good but a lil hmm I dont know it seems like a game with 2 buttons for attacks ... kick and punch, then use the direction pad plus combos for different moves, a block and a counter ... not sure I for it already but that how it felt like. Tho the Graphics in it are pretty sweet. Theres a another game for the PS1 which i liked tho cant remember the name. Oh and Soul Cali is good but again I couldnt like it as much.