Devil May Cry

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:09 pm

i just picked this up and im now wondering why the hell i waited so long to get this kick ass game. sure i hear the sequel is repulsive but the first one is so great. its like a combination of Shinobi and Resident Evil. riduculous hach and slash action, incredibly cool battle system, horrible camera (my only complaint), amazing visuals, and spectacular boss battles. much to my liking it has a fairly large learning curve and its ridiculously difficult even on Normal setting (cant wait til Dante Must Die Mode). maybe the 3rd one will breath some life into the series. i was wondering if anyone else here thought as highly of this game as i do
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:21 pm

Actually I read somwhere that DMC was at one point the next RE sequal.
it was actually turned into a totally new game becuase the gameplay felt so drasticly different.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:50 am

crazyness.

on that note, everybody probably knows that Halo was originaly being designed as a sequil to Marathon right? i mean now the games aren't really related at all other then similaraties, but that was the original plan.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:11 pm

shit i remember marathon. u can still download a shareware version of that somewhere cant remeber the site though
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:14 pm

DMC actually sucks

suer i love the gameplay

i hate the shortness,5-6 hours?...not worth the brand new price they charged

cept the legendary dark knight mode....fucking sweet,your always in the devil mode,and you have the devil sword,which transforms when your in devil mode
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:12 am

ya know for a platformer thats pretty long.

most platfromers that kno run maybe 4 hours at the most.

also if u unlocked everything in 5-6 hours than either u did none of the secret missions and just ran past all the enemies or u GSed it cuz it took me nearly 5 hours to complete the game the first time on normal mode, theres 2 other difficulties harder than that and Dante Must Die mode is ridiculous.

if u desire something that isnt go find urself a copy of Vagrant Story
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:24 am

thats what i mean 5 hours,just to get to the end?...i can buy it come home...finish it then take it back, <_<

but the legendary dark knight mode is the 4-5th time u complte it,so yeah,its long but its pap by the fact to get any decent mode u gotta do it again 5 times,its pretty short

MGS1+2 took me near 13 hours....crash bandicoot and games the like there very long,i can get a few weeks from those...DMC is a VERY short game,and has been rated as such,i like it alot,and when i see it next for £5 in the trade bin ill buy it,i never played 2 so im still to finish that
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:32 am

MGS one only took me 2 and a half hours...on expert...

i didnt bother with MGS2 cuz i heard it was easier than the first

that and theres the little thing of MGS not being a platformer but we can overlook that for the sake of argument

also there are platformers that are shorter and still offer a high level of fun. i.e. u can beat Metal Slug X is 30 min but its so much fun that its well worth going through more than once. like in DMC the enjoyment i get out of juggling monsters with guns and hacking demons to bits with an enourmous sword doesnt decrease very quickly. i ve unlocked enerythnig now but im still playing it
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:43 am

even the legandary dark knight mode?...where your constantly in devil mode?...with the cool devil sword

you lie about MGS1,it takes at LEAST 2 hours to get off the first disk,the cut scenes and codec calls are longer then that,besides,im talking about first time play...you cant say it took you a LONG time to finish the first time you played?...and thasta lie ,2 hours is quicker than the fastest time posted on the net...your a genious...write to hideo kojima tell him of your feat,im sure he'll employ you as a tester

MGS is longer than the first,and better looking,but the story is fucking weak,sory wise it has nothing on the first one,graphically,it pwns

thing with DMC,its a Capcom game,the RE series is a good 6-7 hours the first time you play..i know DMC is like 1 hour shorter,but it cant get longer than 7 hours,where as RE gets to 14 (yes,i shit my pants on every door)

Vagrant Story was too weird for me,i eventually got the hang of it,but then i just traded it
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:17 am

Shin wrote:you lie about MGS1,it takes at LEAST 2 hours to get off the first disk,the cut scenes and codec calls are longer then that,besides,im talking about first time play...you cant say it took you a LONG time to finish the first time you played?...and thasta lie ,2 hours is quicker than the fastest time posted on the net...your a genious...write to hideo kojima tell him of your feat,im sure he'll employ you as a tester
the first time i played it, it took 3:42 thats on easy(i have all my MGS stats recorded cuz i went for Big Boss rank on every difficulty). u can skip cutscenes with the X button and codec u just o0bliterate the X button to go through them fast. also u dont have to answer every single codec call either. i believe the record i saw online for MGS1 on expert was 2:03. there are short cut tricks u can use to make the boss fights very short with the excepion of the Final 2 with Metal Gear where there is no short way. every boss either has a pattern that u can exploit or they base thier actions on what u do.
St.Lucifer
Enforcer

Post by St.Lucifer » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:21 pm

vagrant story kicks ass
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:39 pm

Paradigm wrote:the first time i played it, it took 3:42 thats on easy(i have all my MGS stats recorded cuz i went for Big Boss rank on every difficulty). u can skip cutscenes with the X button and codec u just o0bliterate the X button to go through them fast. also u dont have to answer every single codec call either. i believe the record i saw online for MGS1 on expert was 2:03. there are short cut tricks u can use to make the boss fights very short with the excepion of the Final 2 with Metal Gear where there is no short way. every boss either has a pattern that u can exploit or they base thier actions on what u do.
then the first time u played it u never watched the story

*has hideo kojima on the phone*

its for you
Last edited by Matt on Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:39 am

i knew the story, i didnt care, the only reason i played it is cuz i watced my brother play it all the time and thats why i knew the story.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:40 pm

*kojima gets pissed*

he says your lying... :P

anyways,back to DMC,is the second one anygood?...because of the fact the first one waas horribly short,i never bought it,i tryed to get ti borrows,but i was ina long line
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:38 pm

i heard it was terrible