First decent ps2 mod ive seen

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:47 pm

Kinda gives the ps2 that nostalgia effect dont it. Wouldnt mind getting that myself
Anyone seen anything else similar done with the ps2 or gamecube? Most modding ive seen has been doen on the x-box, cos its more or less a pc in the end.
Last edited by Vandire on Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:11 pm

how does that work?
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:12 pm

Basicly its for use with a disc interupt or a chip, know the ones that you had to keep the thing held down on the psx and change the disc, normaly needed a spring? same kinda thing really, for softmodded ps2s, but, still looks cool, so id have it on mine if i could afford the damn thing
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:15 pm

huh?....but like,dont u need to have it come out?...that lookls as tho it should come outta the top
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:36 pm

yeah, its basicly turning a ps2 into a psx, rather shiny
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:17 pm

Been around for a while most PS2s me and dad do now, is done like that. Cheap way of doing it and not a bad success rate. Dave wheres ur sense u should of came to me
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:34 am

I'm still wating for the xbox mod that says 'insert PS2 disk now'

god knows they could do it, the Xbox is such a superior system. I just wonder how come it hasn't been done yet?
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:53 pm

you can run ps2 emulators on the xbox, so it can be done, but you gota rip the game to the hard drive, and its akward unless you got one of those things that let you use the ps2 pad on the xbox, cos using black and white as l2 and r2 sucks
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:31 am

yes but that would suck,X-box is graphically supirior,but still sucks,the PS3 will wipe X-box from the market,u'll see,sega thought they had a good run,bleh to them,now they make games instead of games consoles
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:34 am

your one of those "this console is better than that one even tho that one is a technicaly superior machine" advice to you matt, forget about the onsole, concentrate on the games, i like em all, if a console has a good game, then its a good game, simple as that. I only own a ps2 for the final fantasy series, but ill need to buy a gamecube so i can get crystal chronicles, and i spose i should really buy a GBA even tho i prefer emulating it and playing ROMs. Video gaming is about having fun, and sharing that experience, not about which console you thinks better.

Think of the questions "what is a true gamer?"

id answer that "someone who enjoys playing video games without predjudice"

The video games market seems to be all about money lately with alot of games. Like movie tie in games tend to suck, cos they are pushed to just make some extra cash for the share holders of the movies rights. Its about money with them, while granted everyones in it to make a buck, you get games companies who also enjoy making and playing games, and want to bring you the best possible experience for your money.

Ive sorta slipped off what i was talking bout so ill shtum for now.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:36 am

Tho dude the sega did have a good run, a better run than the PS. ..... At least they changed there consoles names. But Sega and Nintendo made the games as what they are today, there like the parnets of the console world, to 2 major ones thats is. They stood strong for a good while and sega had a good run and no one can doubt there skills in the acarde world, if anyone says otherwise I will personaly kick there ass. Nintendo could be heading the same way but it will always rule the hand held market, the neo geo was a far superieor machine ..... but gameboy still came up on top. I dont like all this PS is better .... X-box is better blah blah blah, I have meantion this before, they have there fair share of games to enjoy. .......... and I hear some ass sayin PS has a bigger game collection .... who gives a damn its only worth it if u like the games. I personaly like all the games what come out for all consoles anyways and some which are on the X-box. Some games on the PS2 which dont come out I will play it on that.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:31 pm

i really really REALLY miss the dreamcast. First Sega system i actually wanted to buy... never got the chance though

but damn, can you imagine, 4 competing consoles? what the hell would be going on if they stuck around?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:11 pm

not at all nik,i dont like how microsoft have stuck there grubby little sticky fingers into the games market,taking more money they didn't need,i like the gamecube,next spare bit o cash i dont spend ona game or a guitar acc,im buying one,why you say?

thats because,like it is said,nintendo have been rulers of the market,and they still have great game titles on the GC,Zelda for one,Mario cart another,then the FF series which i predict will be moving onto the GC(not as in off the PS2,that would be silly huh)

as for the X-Box,it looks great,gamewise,but,if i want to play GTA,ill buy it (again,3rd time..lol) on the PS2,if i want to play Halo,ill open the file here on my comp and play it here,there are better games on the PS2 in my mind,the final onimusha and the whole series,the resident evil,tho i hear there going to the x-box,which is annoying,i dont want to have to buy one to play one game,the silent hill series,GTA series,GT(Gran Turismo) series..all better games,on the PS2,

Im not a PS2 kid or something on those lines,i just detest Bill gates,his board of chairs that want more and more money,and nik,like you said about movie games,its all about making that exra buck,which is why i dont own any,ot have owned any movie games,i borrowed TLOTR's games of a friend,finished them in like a day and a half and thought,"what a pile of shit"...i try to keep to my principles on games,

(Begin Bill gates rant)
if its been well thought out,planned and produced ill buy it,it its rushed or just plainly out for money then i wont,and the X-Box falls under that catagory,its money grabbing product from the multibillion co-operation Microsoft,who plan to control all content that comes onto our computers,total control,they makes it hard for other non-windows users to co operate with windows users,ask chewi,he'll tell you,he cant open word documents no more,microsoft suck,and dont deserve your money
(end bill gates Rant)

and look at it like this,how many PS2 exclusives are there that are staying a full exclusive like Metal Gear Solid?...Hideo Kojima has declared that MGS will be Playstation exclusive only...Final fanasty seem to be keeping it "japan" too...Gran Turismo...some of the better played titles are on the PS2...not making it a "better Console"...but worth that little bit more money

(P.S...Square is a Sony Company...worth letting the Japanese have ur money???..i think so!!!MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH)
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:02 pm

i'm starting to realize that you pretty much hate anything american
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:04 pm

hehe, it doesnt matter what you like nor dislike, youll get mocked or whatever