King Of The Island

Junk goes here, bitches.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:48 pm

Ok, this is basically a fight to the death, last person alive is King Of The Island.
the rules are as follows:

1) No One Post Kills
2) No Controlling Other People; if you control anything other than yourself it will only be NPCs and considering it's an island there are only wild animals to control oh and my elite cadre of cat/human people (which will only be controlled by me) aswell as a few human guards and dock workers (which for so many and their lack of intelligence, can be controlled ONLY in moments when i present them as something to defeat or get around).
3) To Become King Of The Island, you must defeat everyone else and then you will have the chance to face myself in a personal duel.
4) You Can Fight Anyone At Any Time and that includes when they're already engaged in another fight. make short alliances to finish off other players but you do have to remember, there is only ONE victor to face me which means you'll have to lie, cheat, steal, kill and basically decieve other players in a game of life and death.
5) Technology goes as follows: Starting Off You Will All Have a Knife, Nothing More. To Acquire More Weapons Which Do Not Go Beyond CURRENT Tech, You Will Have To Search The Island's Various Compounds And/Or Use Nature To Make Your Own, such as crossbows and arrows from trees, make sharp rocks, etc.
6) Those That Wish To Take Part, Make A Post In This Thread As An Entrance Into The Main Compound As A Guest of Your Host (which is me), and NO attacking until I begin the battle
7) Please Note I'll be setting booby traps all over the island which i'll just come up with on a whim to be humorous, etc. you'll have to find ways around said traps to progress further the longer you survive.

if i think of any more rules along the way, i'll put them up. hopefully this provides a bit of chaotic fun, humor and bloodshed. once everyone that's joined up and made an entrance post into the MAIN DINING Room (yes think of this like clue or murder by death), then i shall make my entrance and begin things.
Last edited by WildCard on Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:01 am

*adoks helicopter hovered aboce the island, as he made a fast rope decent into the main compound where he was greeted by several guards who after adminestering a thourough search of adok led him to the staging area. and after handing him a survival knife they left him, all alone he stood and looked around carving his name in a desk with the knife. "well im i king yet" the voice echoed round the empty room*
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:39 am

Nova teleported himself down onto the island from a small scout craft he had brought to WildCard's challenge. He had readily prepared for this new arena, and was equipped head to toe in advanced gizmos and the like.

Upon transfering onto the island however, Nova felt the weapons and such around him phase out. Slightly suprised, Nova assumed that WildCard transfered such things to a vault. Searching about his person, Nova found nothing had remained.

Not to be deterred, Nova went to the main compound entrance desk, and stopped a passing guard.

"A moment."

"Yeah?"

"What weapons are allowed?"

"A knife 's all. Just make sure it's early 21st century tech."

"Alright, thanks."

"Yeah."

The guard walked off, while Nova hit his com system on his watch and got the historical administration on line.

"Imperial Historical Sector, Lord. What is it you need?"

Nova replied accordingly. "I need the most advanced knife you could recieve during the early 21st century."

"Yes, My Lord, immediately."

There was a brief pause, followed by a beeping sound.

"The parcel is en route to your current location, Lord.

"Thank you."

Nova ended the communication forthwith, and waited several moments. Suddenly a moderately sized plasteel capsule formed out of thin air in front of Nova, and hit the ground with a clatter.

Nova took a step forward and opened the capsule. Inside, reflecting the sunlight, was a primitive looking blade. But the craftsmanship was still obvious. Grabbing hold of the knife, Nova caught sight of a piece of paper beneath it.

Written on the piece of paper was "INFI Steel Carbon tempered 9 1/2" Blade, full tang, fine honed, refined edge. NOTE: Dangerously sharp, use care."

Nova pondered for a moment of how sharp it could be, and ran the blade along his arm sideways without much pressure. All of his hair came with it, effortlessly, better than a fine shave in fact. Smiling, Nova grabbed the sheath and harness, and equipped the blade underneath his coat. With that he walked into the main compound.
Last edited by Nova on Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:03 am

Main Dining Room

*various cat-like humanoids wandered about in the main dining room where adok and nova awaited. with adok and nova quizzically watching them prepare a large banquet, various guards came to and fro as the table was set and prepared and security was posted at each doorway. they held no weapons by the looks of it but only the trained eye would be able to tell what weapons they really employed inside the main compound. sadly, nobody had any form of technology other than knives except the various guards.

crappy elevator music was playing over a speaker system which thoroughly annoyed nova and adok constantly as they awaited the arrival of other contestants and the grand entrance of wildcard who had yet to show himself.

WildCard's Quarters

*sitting in silence wildcard continued to write more notes about his recent experimentations and without so much as a word, a cat-like human burst into his quarters wearing a butler's outfit, "my lord....two guests have arrived, adok and nova. we are still awaiting to see if any others have recieved their invitations and the meal shall be ready quite soon."

wildcard tilted his head slightly and nodded his acknowledgement, "very well....is the crappy elevator music playing?", without so much of a split second hesitation the cat butler growled slightly, "aye my lord.....and the horrid john tesh music will be ready to play upon your entrance into the dining room....might i ask though, why have such disgusting music playing?"

a slight smirk played across wildcard's mouth as he looked directly at the cat butler, "why to annoy the hell out of the guests and see which one snaps first...now, carry out the rest of your duties roland, i'll be along shortly." without another word, roland the cat-butler left wildcard to finish his notes as the sun began to settle in the distance.....
Last edited by WildCard on Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:36 am

*Vandire had not long steped off the boat at the eastern dock, already he was being made to wait as they checked through his belongings. Vandire adjusted his hat, pulling the brim down more over his eyes to keep the sun off them, eventualy he was led to the visitor area, his bags were checked into his room and he was made to wait in the foyer. He sat waiting, flicking through magazines from quite a few years back*
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:50 am

*A fairly big ship pulls up to the Island docks, and the front upper portion of the forward bow breaks open, and a ramp extends. Driving out and down the ramp is only a single car, a 1920's one to be exact, black in colour, and as it drives down the road, night suddenly falls and it begins to rain heavily, turning the stone and dirt road to mostly stone and mud. After alot of dark twists and turns, only illuminated by his headlights and the lighting and not sure if there really IS a place here to go to, he sees the old iron wrought gate of the house, standing open, waiting for him to enter. Which ofcourse he does.*

"Nice place he's got here.." *Pulls up in front and looks at the invitation again.* "Yep.. its the right place. Number Zero zero zero zero zero zero one, island street, Middle of Nowhere." *Parking the car up by the front steps, he picks up his hat and putting it on, reaches into the glove compartment and pulls out the sheathed knife in there, and gets out the car and into the pouring rain. Stepping onto the front steps, he knocks on the door, as unseen from above a black gloved hand pushes a very unstable tenticle beast granite statue off the roof and to where Bobo is currently standing. The door opens and he is usered inside by one of the Cat Moreau Butlers, and shuts the door, when is heard the crashing of the statue on the front stoop*

"Did you hear something?" *Bobo inqires of the Moreau. Who simply shakes his head. Bobo nods his understanding and is escourted to the Dining area, and seeing both Adok and Nova sitting there, awaiting their Host, Bobo nods slightly to them and takes his seat at the table, by his name.*

"Well gentlemen.." *Says a very well dressed Bobo, in full suit and tie, with matching hat AND newspaper.* "I see I am not the only one to recieve an invitation, I don't suppose one of you chaps knows anything of this grand event?"
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:43 am

Main Dining Hall

*a giant moosehead mounted on the wall overlooking the table spooks adok who stares at it blankly, after he looks to bobo, the moosehead's eyes slide back and a pair of human eyes (belonging to wc; but nobody realizes) and observes them silently as they chat amongst themselves. suddenly adok glances up again at the moosehead which attracts nova's attention and the eyes quickly switch back to the moosehead eyes with an audible click everyone can hear......

Main Foyer

moments later

*a painting of a rather old man is what nik is staring up at as the scene cuts to him, lightning and thunder cracks outside a window, catching his attention. suddenly the eyes on the painting of the old man slide back and human eyes replace them and gaze down upon nik, sending chills up the back of his spine as he feels as if he's being watched. he quickly spins around to stare up at the painting and the eyes slide back to the painting's with an audible click he can clearly hear.....
Last edited by WildCard on Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:00 pm

*Shin steps of the boat,he looks at his compass,the dial spining uncontrolabley,shin walked off the jeti and onto the beach,a guard was at the end and offered hima knife*

"No thanks,im here to observe"

*the guard grunted a little then stuff the handle into his chest*

"Hummmphh,ok ill take it,but i war-"

*Shin stabs the guard in the head,the knife penetrates his skull and comes out the otherside,the guard gurgles before dying,as his body goes limp the knife cuts through the top of his skull dropping him to the floor*

"like if fucking said bitch,im an observer"

*shin is about to throw the knife down when he sees a sheath in the dead guards hand,shin takes it and sheaths the knife*

"as a matter of a fact,i might just need this,observation always goes wrong"

*shin makes his way to the building compound,a little late,but better late than never*
Last edited by Matt on Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:22 pm

Nosferatu hovered, thousands of feet above the ground. he had found the site of the island which Wildcard intended to hold his King of the Island contest, and he was coming in for a landing. he had known the rules in advance, and come prepared. he had brought with him from hell, an INFI Steel Carbon tempered 10 1/2 Blade, probably from the same people his informants told him supplied Nova with his.

Nos floated down to the compound, pondering what tactics he might decide to use. when he landed, he showed the guards his knife and walked inside the compound. he found himself in a main dining hall. there were fireplaces along two of the walls, and large tables that looked like they might hold bountiful feasts. looking around he saw Adok, Nova, Bobo, Shin, and Vandire were hear already. Bobo appeared well dressed. Nova looked like he'd tried bringing the entire empire with him. Shin had a bit of blood on him already, and Adok looked incredibly bored. Vandire just wandered aimlessly. Nos himself had entered wearing what was quite different from his normal. he wore an elaborate costume that seemed to be held together by chains, and his collar held shut by a rather large pin. underneath he wore a simple tunic, and over it, a dark cape. in his pack, he had a large piece of camoflague cloth, but no one else knew that. he glanced around the room, taking careful note of every detail. then he waited.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:41 pm

Main Dining Room

*Again the moosehead eyes slid back and human eyes replaced them. they scanned around the room surveying the guests once more, and fell upon shin covered in slight blood, and the eyes glazed over in seething fury. suddenly bobo glanced up at the moosehead and the eyes quickly changed back to the original with an audible click once more. lightning and thunder cracked outside the windows of the dining room again as the night became terrible as a tropical storm settled completely over the island.

as the guests conversed amongst themselves cat-like butlers and maids began entering and setting up plates and bowls before exiting once more. the guards stationed at the door glared at shin as every guest was instructed to take the respective seats where their names had been placed.

Main Hall

Moments Later

*a black gloved hand was the image first seen by roland the butler as he rounded a corner and realized who the person was that passed by and nodded quickly before going about his duties. slowly said person strided up the stairs as more thunder and lightning cracked outside as the pitter patter of rain drops became like a soothing beat to the ears. passing by the painting of the old man, the person with the black gloved hands continued on before reaching the doors to the main dining room. an audible click could be heard inside as the guests realized the main doors had just been locked from the outside. some panicked and began getting nervous as the cuckoo clock went off sounding off 11pm.

as the moments passed the secondary doors leading into the library burst open and wildcard entered in rapid fashion upon a mobile, electric powered wheelchair and stopped just short of the edge of the table and the doors swiftly slammed behind him and locked electronically. as the gasps resounded around the table as they all thought wc was still in the hands of the gremlins in the other thread he glared at them with shifty eyes and a smirk. "gentlemen....so glad you could take the time to accept my invitations. i do hate borish formalities so lets just get dinner started before i begin."

with a slight press of a button on his wheelchair, a couple cat-like maids entered and began filling everyone's bowl with soup and then left to retrieve the main course of dinner. wildcard nodded his approval of the dish already served as he began as the guests slowly started to sip a bit of their soup testing it for poison before actually eating it. "gentlemen, as you know i've invited you all here for a little game....a game of life and death. but first i wish to state a few things, first off....before the game of life and death can begin, someone this very night shall die by the the stroke of midnight. that shall signal the start of the game....", silence fell upon them all as they realized someone at the dinner table would be dead and everyone was too busy considering the fact wc just didn't like to die to be the one. each now had a bit of fear instilled in them and that brought a thin smile to wc's mouth.

"...anyways, it will be your job to determine who the killer is, sadly only one of you will be king of the island with the chance of facing me at the end. however, you have to figure out who did it aswell as be the last person alive on the island...except for the various guards and such.....are you all enjoying your soup so far? i had it specially made, i heard it was bobo's favorite dish.", with another smirk wc pressed another button and roland his personal butler entered through the kitchen doorway and leaned down to whisper a few things to wc before heading back into the kitchen*
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:21 pm

*vandire stared at the soup, not realy hungry now, wc's remark about someone dying had him thinking now, preocupied. And the animal-people, so strange, not beyond wildcard he admited*

so, tell me wildcard, whats with the servants then? why half animal half human?

*he clasped his hands on his lap and smiled patiently waiting an answer*
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:32 pm

*"well that is indeed interesting someone is going to die huh. bagsy no me"
adok said looking smug*
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:08 am

I'm glad you asked that vandire....the cat people are my latest in genetic experimentation. versatile in every way nearly, i use them mainly as contemptable house butlers and maids which thoroughly enrages them to points of violent mood swings. eventually i imagine them going completely psychotic, waging a brief and bloody take over of the island and subsequently have me put to death....either that or they're plotting to murder me when i least expect it.

*with a smirk, wc takes a sip of cognac while giving adok a piercing glance, "don't be so sure of that little man..." and then nods to one of the maids that just entered from the kitchen setting a fine plate of roast beef on the table as various other maids placed various types of food from all over the world upon the large table and began preparing everyone's plates. wildcard again nodded to the same maid as they all exited back into the kitchen. "anyways, the other stipulation to the game is that you must solve the murder before you are allowed to leave the compound to begin your battles. if anyone should attempt to leave, you'll find that every door and window is sealed with iron bars and the doors have all be locked and thanks to the magic and weapons field inhibitor around the compound, none of you will be leaving until said murder is solved. or until you're all dead which i assume some of you will most likely attempt to kill the others off in creative and amusing ways."

without another word wc took a bite of roast beef on his plate and roland, the butler appeared from the kitchen with a cart that had boxes wrapped in christmas style set upon it before heading back into the kitchen. everyone quizzically glanced at the cart and noted wildcard's gleeful shimmer in his eyes and the smirk upon his face*
Last edited by WildCard on Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:31 am

Nos eyed the packages on the cart wearily. he was certain he would grow tired of twists, but he believed he would be fairly safe from the murder. he held his knife in his hand, and stared WC in the eyes for a few moments. he knew in advance about the magical field, and had locked his hellish powers for the time of his own free will. he walked to WC, and spoke under his breath "this better be good old friend. i must say i've been looking forward to it."
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:46 am

*clasps his hands together, startling most others at the table and rose from his seat and stepped over to the cart and gestured for nos to move a bit over to it, "well, seeing as how you're in such a rush to get this game moving, let me show you what i have for you all. a gift for each and everyone here as a token of....ill-will."

with a chuckle wildcard opened each box, lifting the tops off to reveal first a knife made of tritium and inlayed with silver for the blade and a dragon skin handle; the name set at the bottom of the box was labelled, 'Adok'. lifting the top from the second box, was revealed an extendible adantium metal baton with a push button pop out blade at the very top, the labelled name was; Bobo. lifting the third box top, revealed an old style ball mace with poisoned tipped spikes and the labelled name; vandire. lifting the fourth box top, revealed a pair of nunchaku with extendible blades at either end and the labelled name; Nova. lifting the fifth box top, revealed a two sets of poison tipped throwing knives (six throwing knives) and the labelled name; Shin. lifting the sixth box top, revealed a hammer with a claw and the labelled name; Nosferatu.

"gentlemen, i present to you, extra weapons for the action within the compound. make good use of them cause i'm quite sure you'll be needing them.", wildcard gestured for nos to sit down and as they both took their seats again to finish their meals, wildcard rang the bell for roland the butler once more. after conferring with him briefly in whispered fashion, the butler left to carry out more duties as wildcard glanced down at bobo, "so....how did you like your monkey brain soup...after i found out it was your favorite dish i couldn't help but have it before the main course. hopefully everyone else relished it aswell...", wildcard glanced around smirking at everyone wondering which one would vomit first after hearing what the soup they had eaten was.*