long life and immortality

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:05 pm

Nice topic :)

See... why would you want immortality when everyone around you is mortal? As much as many of us declare our hatred for certain people and things, there are still things in this world that we do enjoy and wish to enjoy for a very long time. I'd always have lingering guilts about things I should of done before someone died. Gloating over the death of your enemies is only amusing for so long.

and anyway... what is determined as your 'prime' age... What if that is as a child? I dont thinK I've thoroughly enjoyed being any age that i've experienced yet and I have a sneaking hunch that as I age and mature that it will be those around me who make me appreciate the age i've put on.

I think that immortality requires a certain detachment from society and well... emotional attachments too. I dont think i'd have what it takes to be immortal and then not go insane and decide I want to rule the world... or destroy it or something.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:44 pm

I think I do
Shroomygirl
Solider

Post by Shroomygirl » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:50 am

i would want immortality, see i would make the most out of it as i could...but thats just the insane talkings of tired old me
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:26 pm

well, if i HAD immortailty, wouldn't exactly complain about it, and chances are i wouldn't go insane right away, i'd just blow shit up for fun
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:29 pm

and then spend your immortal life in prison