The bible

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:02 pm

if you're burning the bible... they you aren't praising it... fire on books tends to not be a good thing

but yall use the term bible basher to discribe christains in general... when in fact bible basher describes the people that argue withthe christains
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:03 pm

geh...if you aint gonna be mature bout this then just close it yeah. Im all for folk believing in the bible, just thought that it may prove thought provoking to a few of us who think the bible is infaliable is all
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:05 pm

if you wanted maturity you should have posted it in wisdom
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:09 pm

good point, move it there then, your an admin
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:14 pm

done and done

from this point on, take this disccusion as a serious one, not one to cause problems
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:33 pm

i still stand by my point,the bible controdictes itself too many times for me to respect it

changed so amny times,changed to suit the ages

if it was the pure word of god,why has it changed?

nik makes agreat point by bringing this thread up
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:13 pm

If you want to try a serious topic try this:

1: Read everything before you copy and paste it into a topic

2: If the post is as long as this one is try to narrow it down, try and clip out some of the stuff that you could probably shoot down yourself if you wanted to try too. Seriously if you look at this stuff with even half an open mind, you could cut about half of it out because it dosn't have a leg to stand on.

3: Don't start a topic for the sake of pissing people off, get reactions, etc. Post it with intelligence. Ask some questions, pose some intelligent arguments. Don't just copy and past something from some bible hate board and say "Dosn't the Bible suck?" that's hardly a way to start an intelligent debate

Since this topic obviously dosn't follow ANY of these points i'm not wasting my time replying to it. I've already surpassed my limit to one idiodic conversation per- weak by dealing with Shin and the fucking sprint fucktards, so i've had my fill. If i see an open minded topic with an intelligent debate going on i'll jump in, but untill then, kindly go fuck yourself. Nobody wants to debate something when there's no 'debate' to be had.

And shin, if you knew SHIT about me you would have held your tongue and that 'bible thumper' coment. If you're looking for an intelligent conversation on religion you probably just robbed yourself of someone who could have provided you with quite the open minded discussion. Ask anybody who knows me, I'm far from the standard morons you might think consider the bible a valuable resourse for study. My study includes as many religions as i can get my hands on, not because i'm a bible pusher, but simply because religions fascinate me. Narrow-Minded bigots that try to force there non-religious ideas down peoples throats are just as bad as the 'bible pushers' you are so quick to make fun of. Consider that next time you feel the need to insult someone because you find them too pushy, you may be the one pushing hardest.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:29 pm

"" bible hate board and say "Dosn't the Bible suck?" ""

funny how you say that, the section of the board it was from was the religion bit, it was a christian who wrote it, one who admits that the bible has flaws, but still believes most of it with an open mind

as for you attempting to rip my head off saying that im narrow minded, or implying that, i was simply wanting comments on this from folk, i mean, if your religious, fair enough yeah, you believe in something, everyone does

did i say i wanted to debate it, no, i just said i found the read interesting, and im sure that most religious manuscripts contradict themselves dont, so dont start bitching just cos i wanted to see what other people thought of this
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:27 pm

ok,firstly,this topic wasn't in this section it was in general,secondly,goat,you have done nothing but piss me off on purpose,to see if you could get a reaction out of me,and it worked,for a while,so stop moaning and dont post here,i made a valid point

the bible has changed too much for me to start to believe it,it "adapted" to the theroy of evolution,when dickens made this discovery,christians hated him,for disproving the exsistance of god

lastly,goat,i dont know you,and you dont know me,but look back on this week,and see,who started to cuss who,i think you'll find,YOU were the one begining to annoy me,making comments say i have no right to an opinion,after that,you made comments about my posts that werer irelivant to the topic,your an asshole,and i never will get to know you,read my topic,my apology,and follow what i said,you got a problem with me,PM me,sort it out there,dont write shit here,publicly so others must read your shit,ill say it again,your an asshole,dont start shit with someone u hardly know,then pass it off as there problem

i hate the fact i have now written something that some might get pissed off at,but i feel mistreated here,i am "picked" on by you and kaos,and when i dont like it,you cry

sorry everyone
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:40 am

I didn't want to do this but it looks like I've got little choice. First off, Nik was not wrong to make this thread. It could have been a serious discussion but it didn't pan out that way. Matt. You come across as an arrogant fuck but I know that's simply not true. Think a little more about your posts and word them more carefully. Ben. I don't entirely blame you for jumping down his throat but you're just gonna have to take me word for it that this is merely a case of crossed wires. There's one thing that pisses me off more than two arrogant bastards fighting and that's two perfectly reasonable guys fighting because they can't bare to let go of a little pride. Quit putting up the fronts and just be straight with each other. You both get on with me okay, you should be able to get on with each other.