X-clusives

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:30 am

Well now, it seems resident evil 4 thats very exclusive is not exclusive anymore. It'll now be released on both the GC and the PS2. of course the GC version still hits stores january 11th and the PS2 version hits stores by the end of 2005.

I have one thing to say about the people in the the RE4 Gamfaqs forums, they are a bunch of whiney pathetic bitches that need to get a life. Boo fucking hoo. RE4 isn't an GC exclusive no more. go blow out your damn brains over a video game. Specaily the Nintendo Fanboys. who first really didn't like the fact that the RE world has changed...no more zombies pr umbrella...boo fucking hoo you bunch of losers. The RE fan base started on playstation and the GC fanboys act like they always had it. boohoo...it's not RE anymore...boohoo it's not exclusive anymore...boohoo...i don't know where they live so i can't put them out of there misery with a shotgun to make there fucking bitching and whining stop. God they piss me off.

Ya, i baught a GC to play the RE games. do i feel betrayed? fuck no. i'm getting both versions. and it's a damn good idea to bring it out on 2 consols instead of 1. of course capcom made this decision because of some money loss and what not.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:11 am

i don't really like exclusives, but in cases like Halo2 and DOA, where the sofware simply wouldn't run on any other system. but anything that runs on a ps2 or a game cube can be run on an exbos, so why not do it?
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 am

Well there are tons of people that think that the PS2 can't handle the graphics of RE4. the thing is, the game doesn't use pre-rendered background like RE 0 and Re-remake. it's fuul 3D. so it is possible. just may be a little toned down.

The GC fans hate the fact that the game is being Ported the the PS2. they want it all to there selves becaue they are greedy little bitches. they also say capcom lied to them.

Honestly i think DOA can run on both GC and the PS2. it was just made exclusive to the X-box after DOA 2. Soul calibur(sp?) 2's graphics on the GC are just as good as DOA3/Volley/Ultimate. Any fighting games can surely be handled on all three systems. I think it sucks that they won't port DOA on the GC or PS2. those games where fun. Shit, you see Tekken 5 or the new King of Fighters for the PS2? Better yet...look at MSG3. looks amazing as the DOA games on the X-box. I just think DOA should go Multi platform in the future. Big fan base. and most of that started on the playstation.

Halo 2 i doubt could run on the PS2...PS3 sure. maybe the GC...but toned down graphics and haveing to use 2 or three Discs for the game.

IF x-box lowers it's price again i may finally consider buying one. there are at least 5 or 6 games i want to play that are X-bow only games.

i do agree that exclusives suck ass
Last edited by Darkside on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:26 am

DOA could maybe be ported to GC now, but not when it first came out. But have you SEEN DOA Ultimate? no way could a cube deal with that.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:42 am

That's why everyone should live in share houses, MWHAHAHAHAHA. That way you can have every consoul concievable in the house.

I personally dont think the GC could handle Halo2. I wish it could but I dont think it'll be able to.

Anyway...the PS2 has a major disadvantage in games like Halo2.... No 4 Player mode... now where is the fun in that?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:22 pm

well like everything sony makes, they expect you to buy the extra attachments to make it 4 player. Just like they did with their hard drive and their high speed internet.

and people say microsoft is the king of ripping people off. Hey i got an idea, lets make a console, give it shit for processing and graphics, make our users pay extra for EVERYTHING and charge the same amount of money as a console that does! people will pay for it 'cause we have contracts with companies to keep all our good games exclusive!

Bill Gates could learn a lesson from those guys...
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:31 pm

Halo 2 couldnt be ported very easly to anothe console cause of how the disk space is used. When it comes for the PC it will be 2 discs cause now there using Dual Layer, the verison I have just fits on a single layer DVD and thats taken the Live stuff out and demos and some other stuff. And compressed. Companys port games to other consoles to make more money .l.. I would I cant see the harm in it. I wouldnt mind seeing some of GCs, and PS2 in the X-Boxs libary.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:30 pm

Super Goat Weed wrote:DOA could maybe be ported to GC now, but not when it first came out. But have you SEEN DOA Ultimate? no way could a cube deal with that.
I've seen it. I think it could handle it. it's just gonna use a couple discs. If you look at the graphics in RE 0 and the Remake you can see the GC can handle that games. Just requires most disc space. PS2 could handle it because it has disc space. but the graphics need to be toned down. which wouldn't be bad.

Right now i wanna see the Difference between the Graphica of RE 4 on the PS2 and GC.

I still wanna play DOA.

That's why everyone should live in share houses, MWHAHAHAHAHA. That way you can have every consoul concievable in the house.

Lesley, i got a GC and a PS2...just not an X-box. lol which has a few games i'd like to play.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:18 pm

Super Goat Weed wrote:well like everything sony makes, they expect you to buy the extra attachments to make it 4 player. Just like they did with their hard drive and their high speed internet.

and people say microsoft is the king of ripping people off. Hey i got an idea, lets make a console, give it shit for processing and graphics, make our users pay extra for EVERYTHING and charge the same amount of money as a console that does! people will pay for it 'cause we have contracts with companies to keep all our good games exclusive!

Bill Gates could learn a lesson from those guys...
you fucking retard

the PS2 was brought out BEFORE the X-box, and it also had the best graphics untill the X-box came along and had a processor faster than most peoples computers and more RAM, damn you fuckwit

the hard drive was still a work in progress

and the high speed internet on a console was still in blueprints, how retarded are you?

I agree with the making you pay extra shit, all consoles that came out since the saturn have had 4 ports except the PS2 and PSX, microsoft were cool to have no memory cards either

but i can predict X-box 1 games not playing on the X-box two, like word 97 going haywire with word 2000

Microsoft will screw the console market eventually, they will get bored of sharing that market and try some more illegal tactics

Sony=Fair, yet damn expensive, and also from my experience quality tho i heard others have ahd probs

Microsoft=great ideas that go too far, illegal tactics un reliable chips
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:21 pm

you talk like sony had no idea what microsoft was doing with their xbox while they were making it. Just about EVERYBODY knew the specs on both systems around the same time, i'll bet anything that the developers knew much sooner.

And the console market is totaly different. Microsoft practically owns computer software now, but the competition in the console market will probably make it damn near impossible for them to do the same thing. Oh they might try to do it, but it's not like PC vs Mac, in the game, the competition has all the good licences and the advantage of having more systems in the homes of consumers. Most people i know have a ps2 and an xbox, or a ps2 and a game cube, and very rarely will someone have all 3 systems. There's only one other person i know of that has only an xbox besides myself, and i actually regret going xbox only, but i just don't play games enough anymore to justify spending money on another console..

anyway, my point is that xbox is really the only console that can justify having exclusive games because anything made to run on a cube or a ps2 sould be able to run on an xbox as well.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:25 pm

Sephiroth calm! The Sony had already ready had the plans for the hd, and high speed on-line gaming and could of made it, but being like they are they thought about it and said hmmm wait we can make more money sellin memory cards than giving them a harddrive .... we can release when they really need it. Sony always knew that MS will come on to the console market it was told to the world before the PS2 was brought out and like any console they arnt gonna make it the same power as the consoles already out, they will make it better. High speed on-line gaming didnt come out cause, game developers werent making the games. And its suppose to be that X-Box 2 can run the old games.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:59 am

Yes, let's all talk about big companies as if they're doing us a favour.

Sony were just doing normal a marketing strategy, you don't give stuff away for free. Microsoft lost money on each X-box it sold because it hoped to make money back on the games which is a different marketing strategy.

It's as simple as that, don't say Microsoft/Sony were better because of how they distributed their stuff, they're both trying to get your cash different ways.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:12 pm

wtf??! We arnt talkin about who is better! I hate MS, I have an X-Box cause i liked the games. And I dont like hearing facts which are at times incorrect.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:54 pm

What makes you think I was talking to you? Goat and Seph are talking about them as if they're gods or something.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:19 pm

hell no,

But...

Every sony electronical peice i ave had has done me well, i have a walkman (tape player) that has seen one hell of a beating during my school life, and it still works. i got me a Sony Cd-player, that will play its top volume without distorting, and my PS2 has never broken due o faulty parts, only to me kicking it

To me sony has provided decent products, and played a decent market statgy,

Nintendo also have no HD, and they make you usea card for memory

MS i hate, and the games i can play on an X-box i can play ona PC or my PS2

my way of Boycotting MS without going linux is to not buy an X-box, but the more i hear the more i want one

Sony aren't perfect, but i agree more with there market stataegys then MS's hostile ways

And to say they cant take over the Console industry is silly, they can, and WILL try, MS aren't happy with a market share, they want the market

they dont deserve any share in any market, most of the software they use in windows isn't even theres, they either stole it and copyrighted it or pushed companies into submission, and they are being sued for it

All i will do is hope that Nintendo can stay in the market, ebing that is its acomputergames/console only company, and that sony will continue to make games and systems for one reason...

the things they make are cool, i sold my Sony cd-player(old one) to a mate, one that was 5.1 compatable, and also compatable with teh sony T.V me gots, everything they seem to make that i biy, they seem to work better with sony shit

yes i am mass sony orientated, when i can aford to uy sony stuff i will, basically cos they make quality stuff

that dont mean ima sony worshiper, and i know others h=find major problems with sony products...lol

but untill my PS2 sponatiously combusts...im gonna buy into japanese technology before i go to america