X-clusives

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:12 pm

we've got a couple good ones coming out soon,

There's Fable of course
Also DOA Ultimate, which looks kick ass
Not to mention Halo 2 is on the way soon, suposedly
Otogi 2 for your hack and slash fans, Forza Motorsport for you racing fans, and Gulity Gear x2 # Reload (yes is the same as ps2, but this is the only one with online support)
oh, and don't forget Sudeki. One of the few RPG's on the console is also an exclusive.
And i heard something about Doom3 was being ported only to the xbox as well.

Anyway i was just wondering, there's so many PS2 fans on the board, has anybody considered buying an Xbox recently as a result of this or anything else? feel free to make any other coments as well.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:14 pm

exclusives rarely stay exclusive for long, and i want an x-box just for halo2
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:37 pm

exclusives only last a year or something I cant remember, for sure. Yea I'm lookin out for some good games.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:48 pm

exclusives last as long as the contract states.

typiclly its a year. but it could just as easily be 10 years or even forever if the contract is wirtten that way.

I doubt any of the mentioned games above ever got to ps2.

can you really see ninja gaiden making a corss platform jump?

I think X is supposed to also get Half Life 2, KOTOR 2, and jade empire(rpg) aswell
Last edited by kaos on Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:05 pm

i actually want an X-Box,hearing what dave said about modding it.....it sounds like a cool hobby
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:08 pm

sounds a little expensive and risky to me

and i belive you may be right about KOTOR, Half Life and Jade, but all for different reasons,

Luscas arts dosn't to PS2 (KOTOR)

Half Life 2 wouldn't run on a PS2

and Jade is being developed as an exclusive, it might be ported after a while, but it's one of those contract things (could be wrong about this one)
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:50 am

if lucas arts dont do ps2 then how do you explain all the star wars games which are produced by lucas arts that are available on the ps2
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:39 am

Vandire wrote:exclusives rarely stay exclusive for long
yea just like Rockstar said that GTA3 and Vice City were PS2 eclusives and that even PC wouldnt get them
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:45 am

I'll never understand why that pissed people off.
so they expanded the game cross console. so?

I had a EB game clerk get really angry when i asked if their was a chance that GTA:SA would come to xbox sooner or later.

his whole mood changed and he said that the other GTA's should have got to xbox either.

whats with that?

ps2 people loose an exclusive and they get really pissed. why?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:58 am

because their gaming library is all they have

given, it's impressive, but if those games weren't exclusive then ps2 would have nothing, hell it's overpowered by the GAME CUBE, and the xbox just about tears it a new one.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:52 am

Super Goat Weed wrote:because their gaming library is all they have

given, it's impressive, but if those games weren't exclusive then ps2 would have nothing, hell it's overpowered by the GAME CUBE, and the xbox just about tears it a new one.
First of all, You can say the same thing about the X-box. Their gaming library is all they have. and most seems to be sports...

Game cube is only doing good because of it's price. It's the cheapest consol out. I own a PS2 and a GC. Lots of GC games don't interest me that much. If theres a fighting game for all three systems...i'll buy the GC version. I like the Zelda games, RE games. Mario just isn't good anymore. that sunshine game looked pretty lame. Maybe if theres a decent RPG on gc i'll get it. Everything else i buy for the PS2.

Number 1 for Graphics, X-box Number 2 GC and 3 the PS2

Number 1 for Good Games PS2 and X-box and GD have a Draw. Both only have so many interesting games that the only way to compare them is between the graphics.

There's only like maybe 6 games i'd like to play on the X-box. One being Shenmue 2.(originally for the Sega DC...but enjlish version dropped for the X-box) This is why people hate exclusives. means you gotta be rich in order to have every fucking consol just to play one damn game that interests you. Thats the one exclusive that Pisses me off to this very day. I played Shenmue 1 on the GC, heard the sequal. they finish it, they start translating for the english versio for the GD. What the fuck they do? not even two months before it's release onto the DC they announce that it will only be showing on the fucking X-box. And fuck inporting the damn game.

There's one exclusive game you'll never see on any other system, and thats resident evil 4. the contract is final.

Viewtafle Joe was suppost to be a GC exclusive, not look at it. same with Killer 7.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:42 pm

can you get shenmue 1 on the xbox?

if you can i can't find it...
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:19 pm

Shemume 1 was suppose to come out for the X-Box but again it was only a rumour. But I did hear Shemume 3 is coming out next year.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:27 am

Super Goat Weed wrote:Anyway i was just wondering, there's so many PS2 fans on the board, has anybody considered buying an Xbox recently as a result of this or anything else? feel free to make any other coments as well.

nope

even if I was interested in any games that the x-box was distributing (which I'm not... they aren't my type of game) I would still pass on buying it because I hate how bulky the system is, and I hate the controller

and yes yes yes, I know that I can use a PS2 controller with the adapter and all that... but that's when you throw in the other shit I don't like about it... such as my lack of interest in the games on it and the bulkiness of the system.
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:25 pm

Masteroftheweb wrote:nope

even if I was interested in any games that the x-box was distributing (which I'm not... they aren't my type of game) I would still pass on buying it because I hate how bulky the system is, and I hate the controller

and yes yes yes, I know that I can use a PS2 controller with the adapter and all that... but that's when you throw in the other shit I don't like about it... such as my lack of interest in the games on it and the bulkiness of the system.
exactly my thoughts...but im not so narrowminded...i like the ideas that dave put forward in the other thread...the modding