Another reason society fucks up humans as a whole

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:24 am

Humans have this idea that all humans have the right to survive despite there obviously defeasances. Humans have removed natural selection throughout the course of time. Those people that should by all rights not be alive pollute the gene pool by living on to reproduce.

It’s nature’s job to choose who lives and dies, but humans’ ignorance to this fact forces us down a road that will end in our destruction. Not only on such a grand scale as the entire species, but when you demand that your child survive, you are only making things harder on yourself. For example, these children that are forced to live in bubble because they lack an immune system; you have toe cater to these children, and the finical strain it places on you is not worth it. The child will live no longer than 10 years, people would argue that “but it’s the time they have together that counts” but what about the years of depression after the child is gone? It could tear the once loving couple apart and lead to more pain.

But back on the long term. Some people do not have such bad cases as no immunity, and they live normal lives despite there problems. Such problems as blindness and lack of hearing. Because these traits can be hereditary, they are making there own children’s lives harder.

Now my question to you is… why are we, as a race, so selfish to our own needs that we make things like Euthinization illegal… even if the person wishes it?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:59 am

Well we could do like the Spartans did.
if their was anything at all wrong with the newborn....ANYTHING. they basicly sat him on a mountain side to die.

ofcourse they also put kids in the military at age 11.

we could go back to that...
but chances are that you would easily be on the cliffs too as well as other kids who just didnt belong there.

I know I would be...but since I wasnt, I was allowed to outgrow my issues and be perfectly healthy(thats physicly...I'm sure im not right in the head)
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:20 am

A very good friend of mine was born dead. He always believes, even to this very day that he was actually meant to die.. but i won't go into that. Of course the doctors brought him round, but his heart had a hole in it (he has a heart murmur to this day), his liver is bad, his spine is missing a bone, and he has one kidney.

The possiblity of him to have a healthy child is zilch. The kid will be born with no spine and may not survive to it's teen years. I really sympathise with this topic......and so does my friend.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:26 am

I beleive that we should do as would occure in nature. If a child would obviosuly not survive in naute, even with the aid of the parents, euthinize it

becuase in nature, the parent would tend to the childs needs for the first 8-12 years. then the child is a parent itself beyond that.

I'm not saying euthinize a kid after 8 years if they don't meet the standard for nature... soceity sees to it that it would not survive in nature...

but if it is obviously greatly under health at birth... why prolong the suffering?
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:39 am

Because people want what's best for them, they don't see the true needs of that child. They don't see the suffering only the suffering of the parents without him/her. Or they just cannot let go because they do not believe that to be kind you have to be creul.

Like if a horse breaks it's leg it can never be mended. The horses leg is to fragile for operation of that kind. To shoot it in the head is a kindness. So therefore, if we do put animals down for "kindeness" can the same principle apply to us humans?

"7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!"

To keep relgion out of this for a moment or two this is quoted from Anton LeVey's The Satanic Bible. Anyway this quote is one of the quotes i agree with man is the creulest, selfsih of all living creatures.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:59 am

Well Will some people like to argue that with us being human and all, we ultimately replace the need for it by way of things like war, killing sprees, etc.
I tend to agree.

And some seem to think that an ice age will handle it.
I tend to luagh at that.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:14 am

but we aren't replacing it really, we are merely pushing in another factor

wars and murder are indiscriminate, they kill the good genes as well as the bad

it's like replacing the immunity in a person's system with poison
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:22 am

ok. i see youre point their.
but still, the chances of sombody who's gotta really bad setup reproducing are still pretty low.

and then in lots of cases its not even a gene thing. just more of a bad luck thing and they can have perfectly normal offspring.
BradleySmith
Whelp

Post by BradleySmith » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:31 am

lits of words that don't exist in william's original post:
defeasances

Anyway, the reason we do things like that is because humans have this wish to control their own destiny, doing something something because nature (something that isn't sentient at all mind you) "wants" it is stupid.

I'm all for letting you kill yourself if there's something wrong with you, or if there isn't, but "oh well, this one's fucked up, lets kill it" sound an awful lot like hitler. Some people are fine with living hard lives, they don't focus on how horrible being blind or deaf is, because it doesn't take EVERYTHING out of their life.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:44 am

that's really not much of a list... it's one word

and it doesn't need to be simply blindness and deafness

my major conscern is when it's known that a child wont live for very long, or is born retarded or a vegtable. Weather you do it or not is your decidion, but my problem is that you don't even have the choice. Society says no, and you'll go to prison if you do it.
BradleySmith
Whelp

Post by BradleySmith » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:52 am

Masteroftheweb wrote:that's really not much of a list... it's one word
and it doesn't need to be simply blindness and deafness

my major conscern is when it's known that a child wont live for very long, or is born retarded or a vegtable. Weather you do it or not is your decidion, but my problem is that you don't even have the choice. Society says no, and you'll go to prison if you do it.

abortions are legal in many-a-place.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:53 am

abortion yes... but once the person is out the twat, you're kinda fucked

I beleive euthinization should be legal as well
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:02 am

People in the civilized world have not stopped evolving. It's just a matter of what we're evolving into. People tend to think of evolution as becoming bigger, stronger and smarter. It's really more arbitrary than that.

When a species evolves it adapts to it's environment, responding to what's called "limiting factors". A wild animal's limiting factor might be predators, and slow animals might be eaten leaving the fast one to breed. Our environment is our society, and our limiting factors are quite different.

Once, a wildlife expert was explaining the mating habits of a species of wild bird to a friend of mine. The birds have bright plumes of colored feathers, and the bird with the showiest feathers get to mate. He told my friend that natural selection wasn't survival of the fittest but instead survival of the sexiest. That idea struck my friend as so profound that he repeated it to me. In our society, being "sexy" - that is, being likely to breed - is becoming more important as survival becomes easier.

So what makes someone likely to breed? That is a very good question. I could say good looks, the intelligence to become wealthy, or natural charisma if such a thing exists. There are also situations where these traits prevent having children though. It's difficult to say since we don't know how much of who we are is controlled by our genes.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:10 am

that was an interesting reply, thank you for your impute matt

that gives me something to think about... I'll respond further later.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:03 am

Euthinazia is concidered wrong?....illegal...but is it?...is it really?

I believe that abortion is fucking terrible.....a woman who simply doesn't want a baby...is a murderious bitch...in my neiw.....an a family that want ana abortion are not worth the food they eat

i concider one exception...if a child is to be born...as becky explained...with no decent way of life...such as the ablility to walk....have sex....and really live like most of us do.....it would be wrong in the eyes of the law to kill this child once born...or past the stage of abortion

what do people think?.....

i personally would concider an abortion in those times....and not to say that i wouldn't chose a woman whos posiblilty of having such a child was high....i would adopt....i love the idea of adoption too....not giving up...but adopting...

as for human selection being that of the sexiest...that has its truths....but....people still "mate"....sexy or not....well at lest in hoping on that (Hahaha :lol: )

will point of us being the skurge of this planet....we are....human beings are the death of this planet....i really feel depressed a little everyday,when i think of this planets life being drained and globla warming getting progressivly worse everyday.....since the year 2000,CO2 submissions have been doubling everyyear...that means more aci rain....the hurricains america has been getting this year....here in little old england we have been feeling them....we have had the back end of both of them.....very unusual....we have barley had snow in the last few years....and summers are getting warmer and wetter....indeed the warm wet westerny winds have been getting worse....

but what can we do?....in history....single people have changed civilizations...and empires....but i feel stuck here...i cant do nothing...i cant impose heavier taxs on pollution...hell i cant stop pollution.......i could vote for the green aprty.....but what are the chances of tem coming to power here?...and actually stopping things....we are choking this planet...and ourselves...destroying habitiats so we can live more....fucking up whole ecosystems...so we can live....we really are a virus....sucking the life from the planet....taking what we need and then some....polititions dont concider preventing global warming....instead they make it worse....they think too much about the west....and its bountys

WE ARE SCUM