this is just fucking great

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
BradleySmith
Whelp

Post by BradleySmith » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:57 am

"christmas lights" still aren't free.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:41 am

WildCard wrote:ya know, this is quite interesting....ban weapons in the u.s. THERE'S a concept that'll go over well with a people who value a democracy-like republic. with as corrupt as politicians get, i think the right for people to bear arms in this nation is a good fucking idea just so no jerk off we've elected decides to go dictator and try to take over....that ever happens, most american citizens are armed....and most would love a chance to defend our values from an asshole or assholes. albeit that's a hypothetical situation as there are many situations like that which could possibly occur....in any given nation.

what's so sad is what happens if YOUR country's government decided to suddenly change and go dictator or communist, or something else far worse....you wouldn't have much of anything to defend your rights with other than harsh language. did you ever stop to consider possibilities like that??
couldnt be arsed reading whole topic, but, who the fuck would want to rule over such a shitty country man? get a decent place then rule that
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:46 am

all i say is...after i retired from this thread..i learnt something....i cant change peoples minds...but i can stand by my own beliefs.....and what is right...try to do what is right...by teaching my children that guns are bad...and that only killers use them....

we are a civilized people now...we breed our food...we have no need to kill anymore...even if we dont cull the numbers...nature WILL do that for us....our food is on shelfs..and such is the none need to hunt food..
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:47 am

you're just jealous.

inferior countries usualy are.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:50 am

inferior how? are we inferior in that all (well, most) people in our country are given the chance to be educated for almost nothing? that everyone gets healthcare? that the amount of people killed from guns in our entire country is less than that of most cities in america?

brittain sounds shiny compared to america man
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:12 am

damn straight...that was a way of insecurity...knocking what ur jelous of buddy...i break my leg...i dont pay...i have been in school for free for 14 years of my life...and there are more free education opppertunities out there for me..

and i wholeheartedly agree on the guns :death ratio that nik has stated
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:56 am

jealous because it's so easy to piss you off lol

nobody can tell good sarcasim when they see it i suppose, i mean i like my country and everything, but i don't really think it's a lot better then most other contries

i mean obviously it's got a few steps up on places like cuba, but that's a totaly different topic.

and if you really want to argue, just let me know, but do it in a different topic
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:31 pm

dude...lol...this is good...i never say wholeheartedly...twas equal sarcasm

if i sensed sarcasm...it was all over ur post...hehehe

im not sure if nik relised tho

Edit:he still made a good point tho
Last edited by Matt on Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:40 pm

wouldnt have cared if he had pointed out that his post was alot of bull shit, spawned forth from his own arse, id still have made my point, tis rare to get to do that here anymore
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:35 pm

well it wasn't really bullshit, i DO think the US is better, but that dosn't mean Brittian sucks ass, it just means i like it more. I do have my reasons, but like i was saying this topic really isn't about that and my reasons probably wouldn't mean anything to you anyway.

I doubt we're ever gonna get back to gun controll anyway, but you do need to understand that the US and Brittian are TOTALY different on that issue as well, for example, you guys don't really have a lot of open space or wild animals or places where you can hunt, we have TONS of that, so really guns are an important part of our recreation as WELL as our history. You people definatly know that we started off as a bunch of colonies under the controll of Brittian, but we started a revolution against them and won against all odds. If gun controll was in place back then we would have been trapped under their thumb. The right to arms is a guarentee that we still have the power to overthrow an abusive government, even if it turns out to be our own.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:40 pm

didnt really win against all odds, the british empire kinda broke, so we kinda went fuck it all, pulled out, left yous to yer own devices and such, and we do have alot of open areas over here, i mean, scotland has what, six cities in the entire country or whatever, most states have a hell of alot more than that, bigger counrty would suggest more open space

id go on but im hungry
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:43 pm

ok i know that, and i know we're getting off topic, you you're basicly taking a bunch of farmers and throwing them against an organized army.

we still SHOULD have lost, and yes i know we cheated, but that was one of those we kinda had to things.

now that you mention it i'm hungry too.... maybe i'll go get some lobster
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:44 pm

I'm sorry, Ben, but that's a load of crap. We don't have an big open areas? Whatever happened to the beautiful English countryside? I wouldn't have to drive very far to see endless fields. And we do have a few wild animals. We've been endlessly debating the whole stupid fox hunting issue - a load of pretentious twats on horses think it's fun to hunt after foxes with dogs. And you think we don't shoot guns for sport? I'm in the University of Durham Rifle Club A team. Not only that but rifle shooting is very popular sport here in Jersey, I used to shoot twice a week. And finally, you really can't compare today's situation with that of the colony days. I don't really know but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if guns were particularly common here around that time as well.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:48 pm

guns were a status thing back then mainly, a symbol of respect and what not, pehpas thats what america is trying to hold onto the "i have a gun, im better than you" kinda thing, just a perhaps mind
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:49 pm

Super Goat Weed wrote:I doubt we're ever gonna get back to gun controll anyway, but you do need to understand that the US and Brittian are TOTALY different on that issue as well, for example, you guys don't really have a lot of open space or wild animals or places where you can hunt, we have TONS of that.

Look dude, i wasn't saying you didn't have any, i was using a comparison. I know what you guys have over there, i'm just saying we have MORE of it. More open space, more wild animals, and more hunters, and more of a need for hunting then you guys do, thereby making the case that it's more important to us then it is to you and maybe because of the differences, you might be a little confused on the issue. It wasn't an attack or anything like that, just an attempt to put things in perspective.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.