Best Final Fanatasy opening

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:58 pm

Shin wrote:
b4 that they gave us harvest moon?....HARVEST MOON?

i hope your not putting harvest moon down there shin, that would result in sharp objects trying to replace your eyes
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:43 pm

Shin wrote:i was 5....
i was 7...should i have been more mature then?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:58 pm

oh fucking HELL people

this could go on all day.... listen, every past industry involved in gaming had it's imput, it's true that witout Atari, the NES wouldn't exist, but that's because Atari treated it's employees like piles of shit. They wouldn't even let their designers put credits of any kind in the games because the company wanted all the recognition and glory

which ironicly led to the first easter egg in a game, in Adventure, you could do something and get the designer's name to appear, but that's a totaly different topic.

and Atari wasn't any better then Microsoft in it's day, stealing other people's idea, robbing their employees of recognition, i mean if the FF games had come out on that console nobody would have ever even HEARD of Umatsu, much less been able to say, damn that man makes some pretty good music on an 8 bit system.

NES had it's benefits and faults as well, yes it was the first mass supplier, but it dumbed down and edited the HELL out of it's games, the first FF game had it's crystals replaced by orbs, and all the churches removed and replaced with clinics to remove all refrences of religion in the game. You may think, oh that's no big deal, but look at Super Mario Brothers, i mean really look at it's, it's FULL of 70's drug references. that's about as hypocritical as it gets. Nintendo get's all the controversy attention while all the other companies that are forced to sell their games to Nintendo to get them published, find all contraversial materials removed or edited and their games simplified so it wouldn't be as exciting. If you really doubt me, play the SNES version of FF4 (japanese count) that was released in the states, then play the new one or a translated rom, what they did to that game should have been a crime.

I could go on, but the point it every console in existance, from the Atari, and Coleco Vision (which should have tought the industry a valuable lesson about cutting corners to match deadlines, which has since fallen on deaf ears) to Xbox and Playstation, all of them have had their positive influences and their shorcomings. And this will doubtless continue for as long as we (or the industry) exist.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:57 am

...well put.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:49 am

:rolleyes:

My point regardless of your ages at the time was that if your going to hate something you should at least hate it for more reason than when you where 5 years old. You can't just hate something because you hated it once. Hatred is an emotion that should be reevaluated on a regular basis. Because most of the time hatred is a lack of understanding most of the time.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:02 pm

oh i didin't hate,but it was one of those childish things i did with my mates,he pleyed sonic with me,and i refused to play mario
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:51 pm

Melana wrote::rolleyes:

My point regardless of your ages at the time was that if your going to hate something you should at least hate it for more reason than when you where 5 years old. You can't just hate something because you hated it once. Hatred is an emotion that should be reevaluated on a regular basis. Because most of the time hatred is a lack of understanding most of the time.

you know, with very little adjusting, i could easily apply the same thing to being horny
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:51 pm

Melana wrote:My point regardless of your ages at the time was that if your going to hate something you should at least hate it for more reason than when you where 5 years old. You can't just hate something because you hated it once. Hatred is an emotion that should be reevaluated on a regular basis. Because most of the time hatred is a lack of understanding most of the time.
i never said i hated nintendo. i think hate is a pretty strong word. i just dont like the majority of the games they've made. sure maybe its a little biased but thats y its an opinion
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:28 pm

I'm going to stop beating the dead horse with a stick I think.

and Yes Ben, given enough disturbed and dodgy thought I can turn anything into a sexual innuendo.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:04 pm

beat... stick

(fights the urge to say it)
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:40 am

urge...

*fights temptation to say even more vague sexual reference*

its like the word association thread...focused entirley on sex
Renzoukuken
Enforcer

Post by Renzoukuken » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:54 pm

Final Fantasy ?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:17 pm

SEX
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:25 am

so yea i still think FF8 had the best opening. whos back on topic now huh?

yea i kno now the thread will die...
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:22 pm

Yes FF8 beginning is the best.