Sign this or I'll eat you

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:30 pm

http://www.petitiononline.com/PCMECH/petition.html

I never sign petitions as a rule but for my beloved Mechwarrior I demand you also sign up ... join the cause, MW5 for everyone !
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:40 pm

I'm going to sign it.

Will you eat a bogey?
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:53 pm

im asuming ive to use my real name and not my net alias then....hmm
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:10 am

ok, just dont eat me wolfman :mellow:

*steals n00bs soul as he signs*
Last edited by Wulf on Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:39 am

I had no idea Mechwarriors was in the hands of Microsoft. Damn. Who was it originally, Microprose, wasn't it? Damn. They rocked.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:48 am

if it's Microsoft then this petition won't do jack shit.

Microsoft never gave a shit about anybody but themselves, it's all about the money with Uncle Bill...
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:49 am

and Unlce Ben is about power, responsibility, and rice.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:53 am

i thought that was the korean spider man?
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:08 am

i signed it be happy... don't even know what the hell it is but if it'll make you happy mik. ^_^
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:54 am

I release it probably won't help but damnit I've got to try. MicroPose is involved with MW4 but the license has always belonged to Microsoft they bought the rights for all Computer games from FASA back int eh day and WizKids and Topps still have to honor the contract it's that iron clad.

FASA studios (the remains of FASA, survive in a computer company) are involved in MechAssault which is for the X-Box but it's nothing like the god damn great MechWarrior, it's all a pack of lies they make up weapons, it's next to impossible to Overheat despite continous fire, PPC's can fire round corners, Elementals can turn 360* torso shift (please note and Elemental is a guy, ina suit .. not a mech

I want Mech Warrior cause i don't won a XBox and don't like the idea of the MA franchise, it's too arcady give me my simmulation any day
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:24 am

change is inevitable....sadly this change is going to scar mechwarrior/battletech itself much like the damn dark age book series is doing. i doubt if the petition works but at least the more who sign it, that it'll show just how many hate microslut with a passion.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:56 am

Well both Loren and Randill have recently done books. Randill's still is't out yet but Loren has done 3 so far and they've all been great, I'm reading the most recent one now, it's good thus far, I still don't like the bastardisation of the Northwind Highlanders or the pretend 'Clan' Steel Wolves.

I understand that 66 years is a long time that's more than 10 generations worth of clan warriors but what the fuck are the Jade Falcons doing. The had one of there best characters in Alexandr Hazen(deceased) and one of there worst in his 'sister' Mulvina which is a terrible phrase for a Clansman to use, considering the very concept of family is soo alien to the clans. I remember in Jade Phoneix how Aidan Pryde was both proud and horrified that he'd sired a daughter in Diana, proud because of her warrior status, horrified at the concept of Fatherhood, which why he went and did something stupid to protect her and make sure she lived thus leading to his own death.

I have similar problems with the mock 'Clan Wolf' (steel Wolves) who seem to exsist solely of freebirths, dezgra and deserters of either Clan Wolf or Clan Wolf -inexile- both of which I am glad to hear aren't pissed at each other anymore. Tassa Kay A.k.A Anatasia Kerensky is a wannabe Natasha Kerensky and falls vastly short. Only Loren has written her remotely well, Del Rio made a pigs ear of her and Milan only had to deal with her in 2 or 3 paragraphs but did so quite well. Loren even made the Black Paladin aka Ezakeil Crow look remotely redeemable.

the only bad point on the horizon is that Martin 'I am fuckhole x3/4' Del Rio has got another book on the way. It's like a car crash I know it's gonna be shit but I have to read it ...just to make sure, in the vague hope he/she/them couldn't fuck up the wolves even more.

The game is rumored to be jihad based if it will be made which is cool
Last edited by Mik on Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:47 pm

you know wwwwwwwwway too much about this shit dude...

maybe you need a break
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:04 pm

I'm a plot whore, I've got 30 odd books on this ... the universe is like my own now
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:07 pm

del
rio