Mod Ur Console?

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:27 pm

What Sony stop priacy! HAHAHHA they help made it big lol. The sonys are easy to chip apart form the PS2 i have to admit, its a lil more detail but nowadays u dont need to chip them. Just softmod them thats all. X-Box, is so easy to chip as well! lol I love it!
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:30 pm

yeah but u cant pick at it for being harder or whatnot....for both..tho....x-box does seem to have that purpose....

either way...t'will be a PS3 i will buy next.....i know that for sure......i just trust sony more on cd consoles...they were the first ones to do em right.....cos the saturn...well..i actually liked it...but it was axed quicker than the 9 day queen!!
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:37 pm

there was a few CD consoles built before the saturn dude. I agree they didnt last tho
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:52 pm

http://www.cdtv.org.uk

The first CD-based console. Or computer. It couldn't really make up it's mind whether it was a console or a computer. It was the first anyway. And I've got one. We were using it the other day. :lol:
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:57 pm

wow. they put a good bit of work into the website.
normally you dont get that when you find a site dedicated to somthing old and not widley known.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:14 pm

http://www.cdtv.org.uk/1253.html

I had that ^ hehe ^_^. But the site has probaly been done up b/c arnt they releasing it or something Chewi. I cant mind.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:17 pm

I want one of those. Maybe I should sell my CDTV on eBay (they're quite rare) and get one of those with the money. But like I said... they're quite rare...
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:02 pm

They are rare but why swap, the CD32 is missing some of the CDTV features isnt it
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:23 pm

The CDTV is an Amiga 500. The mice are rare. The keyboards are gold dust. The CD32 is an Amiga 1200. It kicks the Amiga 500's ass. The accessories are not so rare. And I don't know of anything that the CDTV has that the CD32 doesn't. Except maybe MIDI ports and a Genlock slot. Very useful. The CD32 can also play CDTV games. Not that I have many of those. About four. And only two of them are actually worth playing.

Come to think of it, they said Sony were the first to offer backwards compatibility on a console. That's not quite true really, is it! There was also a Master System adapter for the Megadrive (Genesis) but that didn't come as standard.
Last edited by Chewi on Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:43 pm

the CD32 doesnt have a IR sensor. lol I know its not much but still! and I know about the CD32 being the Amiga 1200. lol Pretty cool actually. U can even upgrade the processor which I woudnt of thought of. That site I have read through now lol.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:51 pm

Shin wrote:to be honest i barely use my PS2....and anygame you can get on the x-box....its just about on the ps2.....cept the x-box exclusives....
Mainly Sports games you'll see on PS@ and X-box. Racing, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Fighting ect. Except for Wrestling. All three sysyems will have a diff titled wwe game. only other games are like Rainbow six or splinter cell. you won't see many ps2 games on the X-box.

In my oninion the X-box is mainly for sports. it's how my sisters husband put it before he brought back his X-box to get a PS2. This fucking thing only has sports games and no RPG's worth playing.(i agree to that)

I got a GC and ps2. I play my ps2 games all the time. I only have tree games for the GC right now. Waiting on a few games coming out later this year and next.

I never modded any of my consols. I'd put a modchip in my ps2. but why do that if i can't read the language from games i would import from Japan. boring.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:40 pm

Dave, the IR thing is one of the most annoying features of the CDTV. You have to keep replacing batteries in your controller, you have to make sure you're pointing the thing at just the right angle and heaven forbid someone walk in front of you.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:26 pm

Darkside wrote:Mainly Sports games you'll see on PS@ and X-box. Racing, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Fighting ect. Except for Wrestling. All three sysyems will have a diff titled wwe game. only other games are like Rainbow six or splinter cell. you won't see many ps2 games on the X-box.

In my oninion the X-box is mainly for sports. it's how my sisters husband put it before he brought back his X-box to get a PS2. This fucking thing only has sports games and no RPG's worth playing.(i agree to that)

I got a GC and ps2. I play my ps2 games all the time. I only have tree games for the GC right now. Waiting on a few games coming out later this year and next.

I never modded any of my consols. I'd put a modchip in my ps2. but why do that if i can't read the language from games i would import from Japan. boring.
my sentiments exactly...and we both are not ..."fanboys"....innfact...i want a GC...they are only 80 quid....tho i kinda went off them when someone tried to convince me a game had better graphics on the GC thena ps2....my sole argument...the thing is smaller..the disks are smaller....immposible....but if someoen said the X-BOX had better graphics...i would agree..(but theya re anyway)...because the disks are the same size.....but the damn thing weights ton and its alot bigger..

hehehe did that make sense?
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:39 pm

ya kno theoretically Saturn was better than playstation 1 it just never caught on cuz sony dropped the price of playstation to 300 at first release and sega wanted 400 for a saturn so playstation sold more and saturn fadde into console history
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:58 pm

indeed....but then they rushed the dreamcast