The Arena 2.0

Junk goes here, bitches.
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:05 pm

(OOC: ... Are you out of your mind? You can't shoot the ref. I'd probably call for one of the refs to DQ you.... If I wasn't going to blow your brains out right in this post. :lol: Oh, and additionally, you shouldn't assume that someone who has their sniper rifle trained on you would stand there and do nothing while you construct a rifle, load it, aim it, and finally fire it. Additionally if you had aimed at a predator, you would already be dead.)

Nova was already rolling off of the tree onto his rope harness when the shot fired, having watched the whole thing through his scope. But the bullet never hit anything around him. He heard a thud, and tried to look from this position, but couldn't.

He reeled himself back up, loaded an explosive round, and took aim with his MSG90. He saw one of the oddest sights he had ever seen. His enemy was inspecting something else he had shot, and it didn't look human. Oh well.

Bringing the man's upper torso into view, and aiming for the head, Nova pulled on the trigger. The bullet flew true from the barrel, and upon contact blew adok's head clear off, leaving nothing but a gory neck stump.

Nova double checked his shot, then strung his rifle over his shoulders and made his way down the tree to inspect what exactly this alien creature was.

About 200 feet from his sniping spot, Nova found both corpses. Scavenger at heart, Nova found nothing of value on Adok's corpse, but the alien's corpse was a different issue. The alien had a spear and a small disk-like object. Nova stored both of these. He also had a small highly advanced looking gun mounted on his shoulder. Nova kicked that off, and stored it also. Feeling finished, he made his way out of the Arena, and off to the lab.

It was time to prepare for the next Arena.
Last edited by Nova on Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:12 pm

(OOC: well i never meant to shoot the ref i was aiming for you he was in the way standing between two combatants. mabye if he wasnt invisible i would have seen him and took a different position and shot you from there)
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:41 pm

(OOC: ya know what....as amusing as that was, and it was quite funny i must say...it doesn't take a fucking genius to stick to the damn rules if they're using thermoptical scopes to see TWO heat signatures and one not BETWEEN the shooter AND the fucking target. you want to play like a bitch adok, and nick you want to get uppity about the rules of NOT attacking the refs in here unless they specifically outright JOIN the battle from the START of the match then the rules apply. i was calling the winners of who was fighting period by limiting the time on the match...nova won, adok won...they were the next two up for the match....adok disqualified himself by being stupid and pissing me off. considering the fact of how you have royally irritated me over msn aswell about DISRESPECTING the rules for this....you're discounted from the next match as is adok. keep up the shit and i'll i speak to will about putting you two where you can't see the bloodbath section period)

MATCH IS CLOSED - WINNER OF THIS ROUND IS NOVA (sadly by default cause of rediculous bullshit)

EDIT: keep it up nick, post something else and i'll delete it again. however, one more time and it will be reported to an admin.
Last edited by WildCard on Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:50 pm

so im not allowed to post my opinion, fair enough, i shant
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:58 pm

You both disrespected the rules for the general sense, mind you as i said it was amusing how it was done, but the point is the rules for this thread are there for a reason and WILL be ABIDED by. I will NOT give the old 3 warnings rule anymore, anyone breaks a rule that is set for any thread in here or for this section period and said rule/s will be enforced, you don't like that...then don't post in here and most especially don't start posting bullshit up just to start a damn fight either. you call it an opinion....i call it your way of instigating bullshit. i think we learned something from that quite some time back if you recall nick....don't forget that crap eh, it taught a rather good lesson which i'm not about to forget.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:14 pm

indeed, im not arguing here, your the ref, what you say goes, just i never broke any rules, which is why i contested my dq from the next bout
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:05 am

i'm going to be a bit lenient this time considering that post i had to delete mind you nick.....you're in the next match..but adok will have to sit it out as an observer only.

nova, when ya get around to it, setup the next match. also i'll try and get a scoreboard pinned up for this...provide some amusement that isn't going to cause waves so everyone gets a laugh and not just a few.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:25 am

BoboTheIceMan wrote:(OOC: Congrats Nova, Sorry Shin, there is always next time. If at first you don't suceede.. run and hope they don't chase.  :D Hey mike.. I can do it when I get back.. but what about placing a Score Board in the Topic post.. I'm thinking Just wins. What about you?)
Cool...but overall wins...not each match separate

EDIT because bobo is lazy: Yeah, thats what I was thinking.
Last edited by Matt on Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:54 am

I will repost the rules so we can attempt to avoid further problems.

RULES

1. The are no one-post kills. You must be fair about how you hurt another person. The outcome of a battle will not be based on your strength or powers, but rather your ability to post a well written and creative post. Eloquence DOES count. This will be judged by our refs.

2. Use common sense, be fair.

3. You may not attack someone who is already being attacked, but you may stop attacking the person you are attacking to attack another person who isn't under attack. Disregard this, and you're DQed.

4. No respawn, stunt doubles, holograms, etc etc, and other traditional BloodBath tactics. Do any of these, and you are DQed.

5. When the refs declare you dead, you are dead until the next match, which will be soon, as these matches take only a day or two with activity.

6. You must stick to the rules of the particular Arena you're fighting in. Disregard this, and you're DQed.

7. No unrealistic feats. If someone is hidden, you don't just find them. That up to them or the refs. Disregard this, and you will get a point against you as well as having your post nullified.

8. You are not allowed to control another person's character besides basic reactions, which should be accurate to the person's personality. Additionally if a person types something in their post, and you disregard it, your post will be nullified. As well as getting a point against you.

9. Refs Have Say On How A Fight Ends If It Progresses TOO Long So The Match Can Move Quickly Into A New Round And A Winner Can Be Declared.

10. Attack A Ref IN ANY FASHION That Is NOT Playing In The Match Itself, You Are Automatically Disqualified From The Round And The One After It.

11. Use common sense. People don't suddenly become less skilled than they were in their own post. And neither do they stand by stupidly as you complete the steps required to kill them. If you disregard this, you will get a point against you as well as have that post nullified. Ref discretion on this.

If you get 3 points against you, you are both DQed from the current match, and cannot participate in the next one. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

ARENA 2
The Mountains

The Mountains are a large mountain stretch, with several cave systems and outcroppings, it is contained within a gigantic biodome with a diameter of 2 miles and a height of 6,000 feet. There are a few forests in various spots and a waterfall or two. Dangerous wildlife.

WEAPONS -

You may use any basic weaponry up to medieval grade or lower. Keep in mind however that all weapons are equal if you use them right, it just depends on your style.

No special powers, pets, magic, supernatural abilities, etc etc.

With that, let us begin. The two refs are WildCard and Bobo, as before. Now post away, but use some common sense this time around!
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:12 am

*Shin appears from the doors...he looks into the crowd...seeing posters of mines and fake guns...he takes a bow then strangles a man from the crowd...who was shouting "your shit" and "Fuck off home buddy"......many people were throwing him money calling him a pauper....

He was wearing combat clothes again,this time bringing slightly more than a knife with him....he had a knife,a scimitar and a slight shot...picking up a stone from the mountainous terrain and hurling it into the crowd hitting four people with "you suck" signs...killing them instantly*
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:25 am

*as before, wc stepped into the arena in his predator gear and looked to the stands and noticed some shouting at shin and after a few moments he decided to step into the referee box to get a drink and a bite to eat before heading into the mountainous area. as he sat there contemplating how he'd go about determining the winner of this round, he took the brief moment to glance at the two skulls he had from before and smirked beneath his mask.

a sound resonated like that of horns off in the distance and he remembered that this area had an old castle still guarded by it's british garrison force of knights and decided he'd have a little fun whilst playing ref.*

(OOC: there'll be a slight adjustment at times in these...where there's npcs you get to kill indiscriminantly...although, they aswell can kill you too if you take on too many at once or sustain too much damage to continue, thus you'll either have a visit from me or in the form of me or bobo playing as said npcs to kill you off)
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:50 am

(OOC:Sounds fun...whats OOC?)
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:14 am

(OOC: OOC is Out of Character.)

Nova entered the Arena, greeted by cheers from the crowd for being the reigning champion.

"Yeah!! Nova!!"

"Kill 'em dead, Man!"

"HAVE MY BABIES!!"

Nova quirked an eyebrow at the last cheer. He was dressed in light chain, specially crafted for him by a group of master blacksmiths who enjoyed his last performance.

It was more durable than normal chainmail, able to withstand heavy blows without breaking, and it was over 3 times as light, allowing Nova to easily move about the mountainous terrain as though he wasn't wearing armor at all.

The same blacksmiths also made Nova a variety of other nifty utensils of war. A pair of shortswords, each with the slightest curve, full tang blades, made from special blend of steel that was slightly lighter, and kept an edge better. A stilleto, two daggers, and a buckler specially made for Nova's draw, allowing him to use his composite longbow with ease.

A friendly alchemist had allowed Nova pick of his personal stash... the one he kept under wraps.

With this arsenal, Nova sped off into the foothills of the mountains, searching for the quickest route to the nearest peak.

An Hour Later

Upon reaching a outcropping of rock near the top, Nova took out his blades and arrows, dipping them in a special substance (metal-bonding poison) that he himself had developed years ago, and letting it soak for a minute or two, before pulling them out and letting the substance dry.

Nova had built a flawless immunity to the substances harmful effects over the years.

With his blades even more dangerous than before, Nova headed to higher ground.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:11 pm

*vandire walks into the arena, the croud around him hushing, murmours amongst them earning them a stern glare, vandire walks out into the arena, unslings his broadsword, a gift from the kninwa master adok, made from a seven fold tempered steel (think how the masamune family crafted there katanas) and stuck it in the ground, he adjusted his belt of his kilt, tightened his dirks sheat, then walked on with his braodsword leaning over his shoulder, his hair was braided at the side of his face, the rest tied back, his face smearedwith blue dies down its left side, and his cloak hung loose over his shoulders. Vandire smiled as he walked further along the plain ahead of him, watching other folk going about there everyday life*

upholding honour, good drink, tis what lifes about

*hitching a lift on a cart and was headed tward the old kirk in the town*
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:49 am

*adok walked into the stands of the arena. stoping at the top of a staircase. setting up his merchindise stall*

" hear ye hear ye, get your down with wildcard tunics and caps or for the misses down with wildcard pots, pans and matching chastity belts"

*adoks small buisness was far more lucrative than he had anticipated and with in mere moments he had sold out of all his products, leaving his stall standing he took a seat and watched the events unfolding before him*