recomendations

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:17 am

anything kain.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:39 am

LOK : Defiance is pr0 but some background of LOK: BO, BO2, SR and SR2 will help you're overall understnading of the plot lines.
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:56 am

my favorite game genres are

action adventure (third person shooters tombraider that sort of thing)
real time stratagy (only on a pc though these dont work on consols)

those are the only two that i really like almost every other genre i will enjoy on or two titles from.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:18 pm

Warcraft 3....screw these guys...its a good game
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:23 pm

warcraft gets really crappy really fast, Maybe it was teh fact I could pwn everyone at it or the fact that defnses aren't worth crap all I just didn't like it.

LoK: D is probably the best third person game out here at the moment plus the story line is just turbo.
Last edited by Mik on Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:56 pm

watcraft 3, chaos legion (if you find it on pc) Neverwinter nights, knights of the old republic
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:33 pm

LOK?...sorry..i am slow...Kain right?...u know i like the look of it...just never played any of em
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:54 pm

adok wrote:my favorite game genres are

action adventure (third person shooters tombraider that sort of thing)
real time stratagy (only on a pc though these dont work on consols)

those are the only two that i really like almost every other genre i will enjoy on or two titles from.

Shin? Are you on crack? Warcraft 3 sucks so much balls you can taste it.

RTS, if you like the C&C series screw what EA are saying and go with Westwood's finest, Red Alert 2. If you're after a new game, I redirect you to the thread regarding Dawn of War which was due out today according to the demo but doesn't hit the shelves in the UK until 24th and US I don't know nor care, we finally got the advance release which is important for us, lol.

Action Adventure, although more action than adventure, Dead to Rights has proven itself to me to be as good as Max Payne. You might try that, also look for Armed and Dangerous for a action adventure with a hell of a comedy side to it. Aside from those the Lord of the Rings games, well Two Towers and Return of the King both kick ass.

Also, although strictly not an action adventure as such, you may like Baldurs Gate on PS2 which plays more like an action adventure than an rpg. It's sequel, Baldurs Gate 2 (funnily enough, same name with a number on the end) was released a couple months back and didn't sell and come down in price real quick.

If none of the games we suggest take your fancy, just walk into Game and look at the trade-ins. Sometimes find some good stuff in there, and if it's crap at least you didn't blow a full 34.99
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:55 pm

hehehe, i think you overlooked the fact that alans been awaiting the games release sicne it was mentioned, and also started the thread on said game (said game being dawn of war)
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:24 pm

I don't know who this murton dude is but holy shit I like his attitidue!

I total agree about WCIII, Dawn of War is jsut a modified version but it's heavy mods .. defenses actually work.

Legacy of Kain ... it's teh pWange son.