warhammer 40,000

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:45 pm

I read a bool about the space wolves .. thoose guys sounded pretty cool
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:05 pm

indeed they are dude, inded they are. Should start an army man
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:52 am

Who said I don't have a shooty army? I got more daka than most armies.

That's just a HQ force I put together to prove my army can pull of more attacks than any other army. No other army can top it. Not World Eaters, not Dark Eldar, not Harlequin, nor Tyranids.

My HQ consists of a Chaplain followed by Death Company, and a Sanguinius High Priest followed by an honour guard.

But in my favorite list, I have two Baal Predators, a Devastator squad, A scout squad brimming with sniper rifles, and a heavy bolter, a land speeder squad of 3, all sporting multi-meltas (bye bye enemy tanks).

I have 3 tactical squads, 2 of them rhino mounted. I have two assault squads, a Furioso, and a Terminator squad.

It works quite well. For starters, I find it works really well against Necrons. The Sanguinius High Priest arrow-heads his squad into the bulk of the necron force, usually, their power weapons making easy work of the necron forces. (resurection orb seldom comes into play, and I've taken a vindicare assassin on occasion to prevent this) The Heavy Support unleashes heavy amounts of fire (the two baals pull off 22 shots a turn), and the Snipers usually claim a flank and set to pinning enemies. The rest of my army I usually steadily advance. The necrons always seem to break in close combat, making sweeping bolter fire easy for cleaning up.
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:34 pm

hell yeah the space wolves are cool. especially the wulfen sub army list. the wulfen squad are kick as in combat and can move almost scary amounts half space marine half wolf kick ass.
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:15 am

Yeah... I have a friend who plays 13th Company. They're pretty cool.
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:55 pm

although pretty unforgiving, if you fuck up you lose the game
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:39 am

Dark Reapers are scary. They make my space marines go bye bye.... :(

And they've got a lot of range.

*shakes fist*

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Eat Landraider Crusader, bitches!! Having a little trouble piercing that 14 all-round armor? Thought so. And watch out, there's marines inside!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:12 am

hehe, dark reapers are shiny, wraith gaurd and wraith lords are teh kick ass too

and asurman, nuff said
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:21 pm

yeah and the eldar look to be about to kick some major ass with this newest realease from forge world

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/revenanttitan.htm
Last edited by adok on Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:38 pm

i think my mech sketch is gonna move away from teh imperial look now, teh revenant
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:09 pm

only thing that kinda sucks about eldar is the fact that heir models are getting kinda old, and the space marines now look more dynamic than they do, and that just shouldnt be the case
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:31 pm

easily sorted, basicly go the same way with the eldar sprues as the marine ones are, and perhaps a codex update and a new unit, or official rules for harelquins
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:39 am

They need to nerf Solitares, that blitz attack is rediculous
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:03 am

i dont just mean guardian models but all the aspect warriors are pretty much the static style. with most models standing the same way
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:28 am

Looks like most of you are 3rd ed guys, I'm still playing the old 2nd ed from before they changed it a few years back. I've played both, but I prefer the game the way it used to be, when character models were fully customisable. I had an assassin once who was almost my entire points allowance on characters lol.

Terminator armour saving on 3+ on 2d6 made it awesome as it should have been, same with ork mega armour saving on 2+ then a second save of 4+ unmodded. Personal favourite from the old rules was overloading ork armies with hundreds of Gretchin and just firing hails of autogun rounds at marines, 80 gretchin all firing at one marine squad will kill that squad lol. New rules kinda nerfed most of the armies and promoted small skirmishes rather than large battles.

Most of my friends and myself have difficulty finding the time to get a full game of 40k, we're just waiting on Dawn of War and we'll play that instead. At least until the holidays again and we're all free from uni.