I saw this on T.V the other day

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:10 am

Actually, I'm quite sick of the anti-Bush stuff.

Mostly because people are jumping on the Anti-Bush bandwagon, and half of them don't know jack about politics, nor why they even hate Bush.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:11 am

i do......he started an un-necessary war that has resulted in many deaths.....did the UN think it was necessary to jump in like Bosnia and Kosovo? NO....bush took it upon him self to take his shoe and go start a war

thats why i hate bush....he dragged our country into it....fair enough blair is his arselicker.....thats why im not keen on blair either...but his govt has improved our country...has bush done much?......bring back Clinton s'all i can say...that guy was after peace
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:41 am

i say we use one strategicaly placed nuke and be done with all this middle eastern crap

hell it's already a desert, maybe we'll get some nice glass out of the deal.

another thing, what ever happened to the old saying "to the victor belongs the spoils?" If we took over Iraq why the hell are we trying so hard to GIVE IT BACK?

ok flame me now...
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:46 pm

lol, genocide always gets so many viewer complains though, I'm all for it.

What we do is get our Galaxies worth for genetically chosen super warriors strap them in their 10metre tall Mechs and if anyone complains we 'turtle Bay' the entire country from our warship in orbit with naval grade gauss rifles.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:00 pm

Morbid Angel wrote:Actually, I'm quite sick of the anti-Bush stuff.

Mostly because people are jumping on the Anti-Bush bandwagon, and half of them don't know jack about politics, nor why they even hate Bush.
So your in favour of the war then Dani? When thousands of innocent people are being killed for no reason what so ever?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:47 pm

she never said she was pro-bush either.
but then bush and war, like it or not are two different subjects.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:53 pm

no I know that but she's anti-anti Bush which basically pisses me off as people like that only see that people who disagree with something go along with "the masses". Ask these people why they hate Bush so much.....if they just say "oh he's a tosser i hate him" they are probably going along with it and don't see the political side. There are many anti-Bush people with their own reasons. So don't jump to fucking conclusions.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:56 pm

thiers definatly a misunderstanding somwhere and maybe on multiple levels.
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:40 am

I agree completely with Dani, and think Becky should lighten up.

I'm anti-anti-Bush because I like the idea of being pro-Kerry more. People like it when there's someone to blame everything on, but we tried that with bin Laden and Hussein and it just led to bloodshed. A positive outlook usually leads in better directions.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:59 am

well may i be an arse as i disagree. Am not saying either are pro and I'm defiantely not. But not everyone jumps into the band wagon coz they "think it's cool" or "the thing to do"

I have my reasons and reasons alone.

And no I won't lighten up. I have a cousin called Micheal who serves the SAS who i may never see again. And that comment wa'nt just anti-anti Bush as you may have guessed.
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:22 am

I agree with Johnny. There's a complete disconnect here.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:37 am

maybe i don't know
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:08 am

i agree with becky

but i just think all politicans suck in general, none really any worse then the other

Gore would have done other dumb things if he was in office, probably even dumber then bush

and if Kerry wins he's gonna do some dumbass shit too, hell the guy can't pick a side on ANYTHING
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:04 pm

finally someone who does heheh
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:50 am

cenee wrote:Then I nominate kaos for the job. ;)

Y'know, this thread makes me think of this particular soldier who was interviewed in Michael Moore's 911 documentary. He was just a scared lonely kid stuck in a world he didn't understand and a war that to him had lost all meaning.

He basically said that in his opinion the war was wrong and that we had no business being there. He felt that American troops should immediately withdraw, allowing the Iraqi ppl to take back what was once theirs.

My heart bleed for this kid and his plight. And I couldn't help but feel angry at my government. IMO it's a no win situation that eerily enough mirrors Vietnam.

Not even a week after seeing this film I read a news article (online) that was discussing Moore's film. The young soldier was the focus of this article. Unfortunately it seems that our government was extremely upset with this young man and his points of view. And he is now looking at a list of military charges and actions pending.

I thought we stood for human rights and freedom?

Is it not within our rights to think the way we want to? To speak the thoughts we have?

Funny how the military or the government or whoever you want to point the finger at, is only proving Moore right. Because within this film he points at Bush's anti-terrorist task force. If you've seen the film then you know that American citizens (just plain ol' Joe's & Jane's) were being detained and questioned by local authorities simply for speaking their thoughts.

Some ppl thought that was utter BS. That Moore made that up. If that's the case, why then is this one young man facing military charges and possibly a dishonorable discharge, simply for stating his opinion?

sorry for digging up this old topic, but i just saw this and i think something should be said here. The President is, like it or not, the military commander and chief, and rule number one here is you do not, under any circumstances, question a direct order from your superior. Now that dosn't mean he's not entitled to his opinion, but as long as he's in that uniform, as long as he's being paid to follow orders, he needs to do just that, follow orders without question.

Now, do i blame that poor kid? no. Know who the real fucking moron is here?

Moore.

That jackass could have easily do what newscasters to every night on the evening news. Throw a shadow over him, scramble his voice, do something so he couldn't be recognized. Moore had to know the kid could get in trouble for this, it's standard military procedure. Just ask anybody in the armed forces if what that kid did was permitted by the rules he swore to obey as long as he was a soldier and they would have to say no.

Because that supid fuck wanted to make a point, he's going to cost this kid his LIFE. a dishonerable discharge from the military means you will probably never work again in this country. Another thought that pisses me off even more is that he may have done this intentionally because he was hoping that people would think the same way you are now, or, even worse, that a little issue like this would be free publicity for his movie.

anyways, like i said, i think that just needed to be cleared up.