mosquitoes

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:40 am

kill all people good plan
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:19 am

seriously...we need a huge can a spray
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:18 pm

you don't want to destroy an entire species, it's gotten to the point where ecologies would be destroyed by something like that.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:57 pm

ecosystems?
Shroomygirl
Solider

Post by Shroomygirl » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:22 pm

all i know is that i hate them and they seem to love me....grr those tiny insects...grrrrr....
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:29 pm

having skipped most replies allow to to explain why we have misquitos

some time befor ethere were misquitos there was another parasite, it fested on something, at one point it probably had a symbiotic relationship, but the host probably didn't need the parasite any long, but the parastie still needed the host, and thus it was no longer a symbiotic relationship, and by means of evolution, these parasite grew wings, and different forms, and thus we have those annoy critters today.

they need blood for there eggs, and thus they get it form us and other creatures...

that's my thoery at least

I've enver bothered to look up the pre-evolutionary history of the misquito myself

maybe I should
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandman
Civillian

Post by Sandman » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:06 am

well maybe mosquitos are around so that they can be food for other animals higher up on the food chain. A pretty crappy purpose, but you never know.

Or maybe insect spray companies invented them to create a very lucrative bug spray market.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:16 am

You know there are quite a few mostquito's that dont even effect humans or even animals domesticated by humans. I always find it funny how people want the world to revolve around humanities existance.

Mosquitos exist because they play a role in the ecosystems around the world, they help manage population numbers of other species, they in there own way (at least in my opinion) important to the survival of species. They are strengthening the gene pool.

I'm not going to get into religion.

Sure when they bite they make you itch but it's not there fault, they didn't wake up one day and go "yes i'm going to make that insuffering smelly blob of blood itch" and it's female mosquito's that bite.

and so frigging what if they carry 'disease' we carry disease too :P. Disease is just an adaption that a microbe has developed so it can flourish in the environment.

Also the enzymes used in mosquito saliva to prevent clotting have medicinal uses. Also all you people and your LETS KILL THEM ALL ATTITUDE.

Do you not remember the DDT incident with irradication of mosquitos? Not only did it allow for a resistant population of mosquitos to arise it also devasted the delicate balance of many ecosystems by wiping out other arthopods. PLUS there is also the negative effect of DDT on humans. You know bug spray is not just the innoxious thing that wont harm you, it's harmful to you as well :P

actually....never mind.... you people go off with your big cans of bug spray and inhale to your hearts content whilst you try to kill off a several species with blind bigotism even though they replicate and gasp... may actually out evolve you just like they did before.

People are scared of genetically modified foods, the sun and carcinogens yet you want to dump them into the environment stupidly anyway. I find it highly humerous.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:57 am

yeah.... females ARE biting bitches
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:56 am

Masteroftheweb wrote:having skipped most replies allow to to explain why we have misquitos

some time befor ethere were misquitos there was another parasite, it fested on something, at one point it probably had a symbiotic relationship, but the host probably didn't need the parasite any long, but the parastie still needed the host, and thus it was no longer a symbiotic relationship, and by means of evolution, these parasite grew wings, and different forms, and thus we have those annoy critters today.

they need blood for there eggs, and thus they get it form us and other creatures...
that's my thoery at least
I've enver bothered to look up the pre-evolutionary history of the misquito myself

maybe I should
i think you should....it doesn't seem like an educated answer to me...more of a dream...or sick fantasy...get out more...stop dreaminf up eveolutions for annoying beasts...wut next...a goffer
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:12 am

Mosquitos have been developed by the band-aid company to fly around and bite people. people can't resist the urge to scratch a mosquito bite, so when they scratch themselves into a big ol' open sore, who do they rely on? there we go.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:10 am

Melana wrote:actually....never mind.... you people go off with your big cans of bug spray and inhale to your hearts content whilst you try to kill off a several species with blind bigotism even though they replicate and gasp... may actually out evolve you just like they did before.
Ok, see i'm alergic to those fucking things, if a certian kind of mosquito bites me and i don't have some pills handy i might actually die, so i'll take the DDT anyday thank you.

what the hell set you off anyway?
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:02 am

my vote goes to people's stupidity
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:00 am

I'm suddenly reminded of a conversation I had with some random guy on the bus. He was saying that it's just fine to eat animals like cows and chickens, because what purpose could a cow or a chicken serve in the world other than food for us? Now I'm not a vegetarian but I didn't like the sound of his argument. Rather than try and discuss the moral implications of creating domestic species in the first place, I asked his what purpose he thought we served. He had to think about that one.

Some might say that we are God's chosen children, created in his image, and therefore we rule over all species. I consider that a pretty narrow and self-aggrandizing view. Besides, it doesn't answer the question. Few claim to understand God's plan, so how can they pretend to know the purpose he laid out for cows, chickens, mosquitos, or anything else?

Personally I don't believe in God, so naturally I don't believe in absolute purpose. Nothing has a purpose except in the eyes of individuals. If you are part of a species that depends on mosquitos for food, they serve a purpose to you. Chances are good that the noisy forumites suggesting large cans of DDT see little or no purpose in mosquitos.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:03 am

Evil Matt wrote:Personally I don't believe in God
why don't you beleive in me now?