mosquitoes

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
MsPriss
Trainee
Location: wherever ya want me ta be ; ) actually Pennsylvania...

Post by MsPriss » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:55 am

ok some might think im weird fer wondering this but,..ppl say that god created every thing fer a reason..well can some1 please tell me y he/she created mosquitoes??? they r pesty, carry disease, and from my knowledge do nothing for the environment...i asked my mom and she told me its cause "satan" created them?? is this the logical answer....or does some1 have a better theroy??
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:02 am

Because God isn't real.

Okay, so I wanted to be an ass.
Last edited by Morbid Angel on Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:03 am

They are created as a storehouse for DNA. So when we die off, things/people of the future can clone us. They may decree Dinosaurs too big to clone, and thats where we come in.

Also.. one mosquitoe bites me, then it bites you, then any number of other people. Blood and such may be exchanged, microscopic particals, which our body may or may not asorb, helping our tollerance and resistance to various infections. Similar to the process of Procreation, yet on a smaller scale.

Heck.. these could be horrible mutations of what they were meant to be. we'll never know.
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:11 am

I don't want to raise a debate or fuss, but considering that God apparently created all life (including Lucifer), that means he created mosquitos and parasites, which in general, have no real use to us other than spreading disease. And then you said he created all life with a purpose.

That means either that a. Evolution did occur, despite the fact some Christians don't think it happened. or b. The bible isn't completely true.

Then again, with all the translations and versions, I bet it's nowhere near the original scripture.

But I still stand on my agnostic point of view.
Last edited by Morbid Angel on Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsPriss
Trainee
Location: wherever ya want me ta be ; ) actually Pennsylvania...

Post by MsPriss » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:32 am

i agree with a and b
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:00 am

Morbid Angel wrote:Then again, with all the translations and versions, I bet it's nowhere near the original scripture.

you don't know how true that is do you? the bible to date that most christians go by, is the damn king james version. it's been edited so fucking much it isn't even anywhere in the same universe as the original scriptures.

as to why insects like that are around....if i recall correctly from learning in school that masquitos have been around since dinosuars....so, considering they've been around since before humankind, yet they managed to survive w/e catastrophe from that era. i'd say that takes a bit of evolving to adapt to one's environment to happen. as to their purpose, everything on this planet has one, even if it is to suck our blood and inject poison into our bodies.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:59 pm

nto all mosiquitos carry dieases, the most common one people assositate with them is malaria which is a parasite anyway, which the don't inject just accidently infect.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:00 pm

evoloutioon, ya can see it all around us, fun really, you build a tollerance to a disease, tis evolution, not on such a grand scale as from simian to our present form

but everything serves a purpose, something eats em, and if it didnt, then the ecosystem would break, or likely find some other hapless and anoying bug

and why is that a christians answer for everything that dont fit with there utopia, "lucifer did it" the world aint perfect, it cant be, cos it needs balance, your ying and yang shall we say, wuthout it, itd breakdown, every system, be it geological or whatever, has an underlying chaos, the "what if"s and so forth

anywho, back on topic, we dont got mosquitoes over ere, just midges, same sorta thing, cept smaller
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:15 pm

I thought the answer was really obvious.

their just one on the menu that we like to call the food chain.

take them away and watch the whole world get thrown off a bit.
cenee
Enforcer

Post by cenee » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:23 pm

There's no simple answer for why mosquitoes exist. You might as well be asking why spiders have 8 legs or why avacado pits are so large and giraffes necks so long. The only answer is; It just is.

It's the circle of life Simba. :D

Mosquitoe Info
Toe Nail
Whelp

Post by Toe Nail » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:49 pm

Mosquito's are punishment for Reality TV...
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:48 am

Dinosaurs watched reality TV?
Toe Nail
Whelp

Post by Toe Nail » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:19 am

Yes. Check the fossil record of TV guides. Don't have one handy? Well here's a synapsis...

"Four Apatasaurs, 3 Triceritops and 2 Velociraptors are stranded in one house together on a deserted island. Every week one sings a song to see who gets voted into the dinner pot. TV Guide Rating ***1/2."
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:33 pm

the religious explanation is that when adam and eve sinned, they were cast out of the perfect world, and the evil that caused the casting out, somehow allowed satan to create things like brambles and weeds and mosquitos. i just say god made them to carry disease. global crowd control.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:31 am

i reckon we should kill em all...damn i reckon too much