custom character stuff

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:03 pm

yeah. compared to original scrpts the edited for customs script must suck.

I never had a problem reading.
But then some games NEED voice acting, KH would have a different mood if it didnt.
Last edited by kaos on Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:38 pm

if its on pc, then you could if you really wanted add your voice to your characters script, or others, allowing you to say, have your characters name said by other characters, only game ive tried this with so far is baldurs gate II, it was kinda cool, getting to act out all the main script, then doing as many rambling things as you wanted, like the things they say if you leave them idling for too long, tis fun
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:12 pm

whilst I enjoy the TeamSpeak, Ventrillo and Roger Wilco aspects of some games.

i.e. Call of duty/ Counterstrike nothing really beating screaming 'no the other left fuckwit' into the mic.

I don;t htink you play the voice actor would work at all, most people just wouldn't care.

I can't imagine, no correct then I CAN imagine voice acting like that in Legacy of Kain, write in the middle of the coin speech (The greatest speech ever untaken by a game character) for him to say shit like 'Now DAVE the choice is yours, the coin is still turning' that is the most horrific notion I've had in a wide .. the shear carnage.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:39 pm

it gets worse if the play is a fan of somthing else.

Now PIKACHU the choice is yours, the coin is still turning'
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:23 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO¬!1!
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:50 am

kaos wrote:your mate is an idiot.
you need a chill pill(whoa i got away with it)

and yes

yes he is
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:43 pm

Lastwolf wrote: NO¬!
completely off topic but how did u make tha symbol? it has caught my curiosity and now i must kno
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:33 pm

Shift+the key next to 1(NO not 2)
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:36 am

i never really liked voice acting anyway

back to the topic, Morrowind had an excellent character generator, but it might have been a little too involved

i kinda like the job system in the FF (and FFT) series

And you can customise plenty about a character without changing his name, so really that dosn't have to effect the voice acting.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:26 am

Tactics games have the best job systems in the history of games.....

well maybe not lemmings...

anyway, its cool to not be permanantly stuck into one class. being able to change when ever you feel like it is great.

I could have a team of weak ass white mages. then suddenly without warnning I'm running a deadly viper assassination squad full of ninjas.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:19 am

I'm an old 2nd ed AD&D nerd, gimme full customisation or I ain't likely to play the game after I get bored of it for the first time

I love Neverwinter Nights, even though it's 3rd ed I can't get enough of it. It took me months, yet months to complete the first chapter because I kept scrapping my game to reroll another character, different skills, different stats, different class, different race. I still make new characters now. Just to see what is possible, that is the first snare of a truly good RPG, how good is the character creator?

Can't wait for NWN 2. That's gonna be sweet.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:18 am

Shin wrote:Shift+the key next to 1(NO not 2)
~ is all i get with that :huh:

also yay for 1000 posts for me :D
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:41 pm

Murton wrote:I'm an old 2nd ed AD&D nerd, gimme full customisation or I ain't likely to play the game after I get bored of it for the first time
I love Neverwinter Nights, even though it's 3rd ed I can't get enough of it. It took me months, yet months to complete the first chapter because I kept scrapping my game to reroll another character, different skills, different stats, different class, different race. I still make new characters now. Just to see what is possible, that is the first snare of a truly good RPG, how good is the character creator?

Can't wait for NWN 2. That's gonna be sweet.
I have that exact same problem

Difference is it pisses me off. I'd rather just play through a game and not start playing it and wonder if i could have made a better character, then starting over.. bah.. just give me a few options and tell me to play the damn thing

now, if I were playing a REAL RPG (like table top D&D) which i have to say i have NEVER done, i would probably love to create a custom character, but since that's never happened and probably never will, i'll just stick to the games.