So, now I'm totally boring.

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Matt
Noble Warrior

So, now I'm totally boring.

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:57 pm

So, yeah, now I'm a boring git. Think I'm turning into an old fart before my time. Quit smoking around 2 weeks ago with great sucess (making a note here....) and two weeks prior to that I stopped smoking weed.

It was a bit of a thing to do really. Was at Uni in a privately rented house with two mates just smoking every day which wasn't working out and work has suffered (yay for referral period in June :() and I found myself totally depressed with having left home, my GF and her kids. So I stopped smoking weed, thought it would make me feel better but instead it just got me more annoyed with my housemate. He pissed me off before being lazy, acting like a child (would be asked to do something, he'd agree and then find something much more important to do after spending a couple of hours playing games) and an assortment of other shit. After stopping smoking weed he pissed me off to the point of wanting to bash his skull in. After that it was an easy decision to make to move home and simply commute an hour and a half to Uni.

So, now I very, very rarely drink, don't smoke or take drugs. How boring am I?!
EchoPark
Vagabond

Re: So, now I'm totally boring.

Post by EchoPark » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:55 am

lol dont say that matt ... i dont smoke, drink or do drugs.I dont feel am that boring ... i feel my friends are tho. I rather do stuff thye just happy to either work or well do fuck all.

I hope it gets better man. Its crap when life is at a all time low. Especially when uni is part of it. Not something u want to fuck up.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:51 pm

I would say I've noticed having more money, but I haven't actually got any to spend anyway. But I know that when I do have money, I'll have it a lot longer. I was spending about £60-£100 a week on weed plus maybe £40 on cigs. More than I was earning and I was somehow managing this for years. Fuck knows how. Now I don't really have stuff to spend money on (I'm resisting upgrading my computer. Well, sort of... Getting some more RAM later this month since it's DIRTY cheap right now) but I'm looking forward to a month passing and still having money. No more "too much month left at the end of money" sort of thing anymore.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:07 am

I'm exceptionally boring these days, not that I was ever a very exciting person.

I don't really drink, never smoke, rarely see my mates anymore..... I need a vice.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:29 am

Think i have to say am the same Mik. I seem to just work, sleep and well thats about it. None of my mates ever want to do stuff either. I did think about maybe tryin to get a few mates once a month to go out and play a round of paintball or something.

Is this what happens when we get older ? :(
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:38 am

So I totally failed that resisting upgrading, got a new CPU coming now too.

:(

Mind you, I paid £130 for it, I'm selling my old one on ebay which has watchers already.

Just not this kind of watcher, unfortunately:

EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:26 am

PM me a link my dear fellow and i'll have a look ;)

I finally went to ASUS forums and saw they updated the post about my RAM issue. I may actually have the 6 gigs of ram i paid for! I been running on 4 for over a year now lol
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:30 am

...Currently running with 12GB at the moment. Bought an 8GB kit, it's practically the same CAS settings as my old 4GB, and same manufacturer... so figured I'd use it. Works great. No more slowdown in BF3.

Got this 2500k running at 4.5GHz too =D
makoman
Civillian

Post by makoman » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:25 am

Holy shit, you old farts are still around here.

Good to see ya all.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 am

You thought we had something better to do? I turned 29 week before last. Old fart is old.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:41 pm

You old, old, old git, James.

Also, in terms of stopping smoking. It's going very well. I decided against using the Champix tablets after a while because they made me feel awful. So I mired through a bit of "cold turkey" and then everything was decent. Took about a month and a half not to be a total arse to be around, though. I feel a lot better for it. Though, I'm also uite a bit heavier... :(

edit:

I also now drink! Though it's not the pints of vodka and whiskey I'd imagined, but Rose Wine. Quite nice, but the sort of thing that gets me odd looks when I turn up at my mates with a glass and a bottle.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Matt wrote:I also now drink! Though it's not the pints of vodka and whiskey I'd imagined, but Rose Wine. Quite nice, but the sort of thing that gets me odd looks when I turn up at my mates with a glass and a bottle.
Hahaha. And I thought it was awkward buying rosé for Marna!
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Bah! Rosé and Amaretto (Disaronno if possible, but cheaper stuff isn't bad) are my two tipples. Basically, stuff that tastes nice but isn't going to make me feel sick.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:12 pm

gym it or start working out, its like acceptable self harm which actually benifits you and it kills time, you still with the girl with the kids btw?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:32 pm

^ Indeedy!