Dark Days Are Coming

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
ReDeemer
Solider

Dark Days Are Coming

Post by ReDeemer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:55 pm

http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com/

The Secret World - Funcom's next project lined up, so far I'm not sure of a possible release date after brisking the forums. Even mentioned Beta testing hasn't been announced. Modern Day MMO: Something I've been looking forward to for awhile, regardless of how it ends up playing out - I'll pre-order this beast.

I used to play Anarchy Online quite frequent, and had way too much fun with it when I did - one of Funcom's previous MMO's which was free ( Maybe we'll get lucky with this one too! )

Take the Initiation tests for the three secret societies featured in the game! Mine ended up being the Dragon.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Re: Dark Days Are Coming

Post by kaos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:59 am

The trailers were awesome.
but then i was looking at them for the quality of 3d work rather than the game itself.

Still it got me interested...
Then upon learning about the actual game I was kinda turned me off.

not really the games fault.
I'm just one of those guys that cant get into MMOs.
Even though I really wish I could.
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:24 pm

It's alright, Johnny - we still love you. :D
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:55 am

FUNCOM MMO Track record

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 2008 MMORPG PC
Anarchy Online 2001 MMORPG PC
Midgard cancelled MMORPG PC

Think I'll give it a miss.

They have a good hype train but seem to lack the fundamental (:D see what I did thar) elements that make these games a success, say what you will about THE ENDGAME, PvP or more casual friendly content and which is more important than the other at the end of the day to survive, you probably need to excel in one of them but more importantly these are things that keep your player base after they level cap, if they can't be bothered to reach level cap and quit you have bigger issues.

AoC was a mess on release, skills didn't work, stats didn't work, apparently after level 30 there was nothing to do, I dunno I didn't go past free month, which considering their current sub numbers I guess I wasn't the only one.
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:48 am

Lastwolf wrote: PvP or more casual friendly content and which is more important than the other at the end of the day to survive, you probably need to excel in one of them but more importantly these are things that keep your player base after they level cap, if they can't be bothered to reach level cap and quit you have bigger issues.
In regards to level cap, there won't be Levels in this one.
And as far as their PvP/PvE balance and/or excelling, they're opening this one up to all types of players from the get-go, and not having people held back from the normal grind.( This is according to their interviews and forum submissions over the past year or so now )

Whether or not this is going to be pro or con to the success of this game, I enjoyed Anarchy myself. Though I get your points damn well considering their track record. I'm just keepin' optimistic on it! :D