Elections

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.

Who did you vote for?

Conversatives
No votes
Labour
25%
Liberal Democrats
25%
SNP
No votes
Alliance Party
No votes
BNP!?
No votes
Other
No votes
Didn't vote
50%

Total votes: 8
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Elections

Post by Chewi » Sun May 09, 2010 7:07 am

Alright you Blighty dwellers, dare I ask who you voted for? :D Too many Northern Ireland parties to list but I'll hazard a guess and say Mik voted for Alliance.
Trigo
Solider

Re: Elections

Post by Trigo » Sun May 09, 2010 7:47 am

I voted Labour as i thought it was to soon for changed yet.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue May 11, 2010 10:49 am

Given my political views (i.e. Fuck the bigoted religious and sectarian bullshit) you'd expect me to vote Alliance wouldn't you? I have in the past, but I think I last voted DUP.

Fact is, I live in such a DUP stronghold (east Belfast) I haven't bothered voting in the last couple of local elections. Clearly, I wasn't the only one that told them to fuck off when they came round my door this time round and I severally under estimated my fellow east-belfastians.

It's hard to tell if it's the massive amounts of Polish people and other immigrants making informed and calculated decisions rather than traditional bullshit voting, the expenses scandal/ his wife hammering a 19 year old/ the bullshit land deal which he made a shit pile of money by helping out his mate or finally a genuine want for change.

It's probably just the middle one (all the tom foolery Petey boy was up to), which is a fucking shame but suppose it's nice to see him get taken down a peg or six and some politicians being held accountable for their actions, now if only they'd have not voted Gerry Adams back, over the whole hiding and protecting the child molester thing, not that it would have mattered as he doesn't attend Westminster anyway on account of he won't swear allegiance to the queen.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat May 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Well apart from my vote (I voted Lib Dem btw) this political, hung parliament thing gives me a right sore head!
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat May 22, 2010 9:02 pm

I voted Lib Dem too and I'm quite pleased with the outcome but only time will tell if it really works.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sun May 23, 2010 11:05 pm

I was abit miffed by the fact that Clegg joined forces with Cameron, yet I understand his reasons for doing so. Besides it's more logical even if Lib and Con are on oppsite end of the political scale...or is it Lab and Con are on the opposite end? Bah, who cares? Con=right, Lib=left that's all I know, lol. :roll:
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:49 am

TBH, the hung parliament sounds like actual politics to me.

When one party has a majority they don't really have to try that hard to push threw their agenda as unless they are trying to pass a 'Kill all cute kittens' bill, your party will generally do as they are told and vote with you as hey, they share your Ideals anyway, your in their party.

Now, If Cameron wants to pass his 'Nuke China' Bill he has take it to his own party, convince them it's a good idea, which shouldn't be that hard. Then he has to take it to Clegg and the Lib Dem's (people with a quite a different point of view) and convince them, most of them who probably reaaaally like Egg Foo Yong and convince them it's the right choice.

Sounds like a better way imo.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:23 am

Lastwolf wrote:Now, If Cameron wants to pass his 'Nuke China' Bill he has take it to his own party, convince them it's a good idea, which shouldn't be that hard. Then he has to take it to Clegg and the Lib Dem's (people with a quite a different point of view) and convince them, most of them who probably reaaaally like Egg Foo Yong and convince them it's the right choice.
:lol: This is why I love you, man.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Wolf thats the best explaintion i have heard about the hung parliament i have read yet
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Umm thanks,

It's just I heard, as I'm sure you all did, this bitching and moaning about hung parliament and how it would be the downfall of man for like a solid week.

Party Politic's is almost an outdated idea imo.

I mean really, what does Labour, Liberal Democrat and Tory even mean anymore ?

As far as I can tell they all want; Clean Air, Free Fuel, riches to everyone, land of milk and honey and everyone gets to fuck a supermodel, they just argue over the semantics of how we get there and the other guy hasn't a fucking clue how to make it happen but his way will work.

One of the most annoying things I find about politics today is this;

If someone else has a good idea, it is tantamount to suicide to admit under ANY circumstances that they have a grasp of the situation better than you. They won't do it.

It would be soooo refreshing if they where having a debate and one of them just stopped an said, 'You know, that's right we should get that done, regardless of who gets in next election we should support that' ofc at point they 'd be sacked.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:07 am

Yeah, it's a shame because honesty should go a long way these days.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:09 pm

I can understand the older generation for their "bitching and moaning", as Mik puts it. I mean the 70's weren't the best of times (apart from the music), and I guess people don't wanna see another "Winter of Discontent". *shrugs*
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:10 pm

You get what you vote for, that's democracy.

The country as a whole went, meh I can't make up my mind., so we get a mix.

Imo, it will keep them honest, well ... as honest as a politician can get.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Of course, but that doesn't stop the paranoia of some folk (and Daily 'Hate' Mail). The same folk who look down at us "younguns", shake their fist, and long for the good ole days. The same folk that voted for Tory in the first place. They don't like it this time around because Liberal Democrat have "joined forces" with Conservative! :roll:

As my Dad says about these people: "Put up or shut up".
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:39 am

For now, it feels like we're in an uncertain period where they're making all these changes but we won't know for a while whether they are actually a good idea or not. We're just gonna have to wait and see.