Pia pia pianooo...

From those killer tunes that you heard 6 years ago in the back of a mini bus, heading into Utah, or the songs that are on the radio now. This is the place. (No R&B please, because it doesn't exist)
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Pia pia pianooo...

Post by Chewi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:59 pm

I had piano lessons from the age of 8 till I was around 16 when I figured it was time to knuckle down and study for my exams. The exams are far behind me now but it's only recently that I've had the money or the space to take up this old love of mine once again. Space is still a bit of an issue actually but I felt we could more or less squeeze this in here. I've got a folding X stand rather than the one pictured there. The thing feels and sounds great. I'm at home with it already and really pleased I bought it. I just need my family to send my old sheet music up. I've got some scanned on the computer but this requires me to set the thing up in front of the monitor, where I'll get in everyone's way. I need one of those ebook things, that might do the trick.

Back in the day, I made it to grade 5. There's 8 of them. I feel like a challenge. What do you guys reckon?
Squirrel
Vagabond

Re: Pia pia pianooo...

Post by Squirrel » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:05 am

Go for it. Playing a musical instrument is very theraputic.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:31 pm

ohhh very nice :)

Do it, have some fun.

I had paiano lessons...but i really really sucked at them
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ6h0kyqSRk

You're only allowed to play like this.

I'll have not any of that classical noise
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:54 am

Hehe King Ralph.

I've never played anything like that but I wouldn't mind trying. I have played what I guess you could call alternative jazz though. It's generally quite slow stuff but very cool and I love playing it. Plan to get some more.