Gangland

Junk goes here, bitches.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:58 am

This is set in the 1920's style, With Gangsters and everything. You don't need to create a full character.. Just a name, small physical, and What s/he does, maybe.. a favourite weapon, and have it in that Persons' first post.

EXAMPLE!: *Antoino ('Tony' for short) a body guard for the, Ronavilla family, takes a seat at the far table, reserved for them, nodding to the waitress for his usual drink. Tony is 5'10, a stocky 250 pounds with Black Hair and Brown eyes.*

1. Nothing out of the Era. No Energy Blades, Plasma Weapons, Mechas, NOTHING!
2. If you choose to act like/be a gangster.. You must be a low man, PERIOD, you can't be the leader or second in command, things like that. You can be a Wiseguy or Bodyguard, hell, even a Hitman. Private Investigator (Limit to Two HitMen and PI's, Let me know if you are one, and place it in your post)
3. When you die, You can come up with another (and must choose to be a different thing). NOTE: IF you kill yourself off, because a Hitman or PI dies.. you can not choose them. Hehehe.
4. This BB Item takes place in a large (yet un-name) CIty, If you have an Idea for a Name. PM Me, and I will name it. And give you spotlight here. *Oooh's and Ahhh's from the Audience* Obviously.. its on a Big River that leads out to the Sea. (Two Cities over is a port City.)
5. There are 3 families.. The Ronavilla's. The Capellii's. and The Vettii's. The Leaders are Georgio Ronavilla, Antonio Capellii, and Merciel Vettii.
6. I will handle the Detailed Posts dealing with the Family Bosses, but you can say if they look at you, or whisper to their men while looking at you, or you're asked to move so they can have that spot. (I'm not anal on this.)

Any more rules I can think of.. I'll put in. Play Well and have fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting off in Rosey's Bar. Classy Joint, on the upper West Side. Renamed and Cleaned up after he husban passed away. Rosey's is run by a Middle aged woman, No problems happen anywhere near here, it has been deemed by all Families as Neutral Ground, used mainly for meetings, and the only time Anything is aggreed upon fast, is if some drunk or other person starts something in the bar or with the owner.

Having expanded since her taking it over.. Rosey's is 100 square feet each, on the first (first floor is 17ft tall) and second (second is 12ft) floors, with a bigger basement, that has an exit into the building across the alley. There is a stage for shows, band in the corner, near it. The Bar lines the far wall. Behind it is the offices, Upstairs has rooms for meetings, most businesses use the place as well, the Big room, in the back up top, is always reserved for the gathers of all the Families.

Five Dollar cover charge, There are two beefy Bouncers. One always by the door, the other back behind the door, out of sight. Both are former Mob guys.. let go for this job, though they tend to pick up alittle money from time to time. Robert is the Piano player. Marlania is the lead dancer. Rick(known as Ricky) is the Bartender. Paul and Rocko are the Bouncers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(feel free to go anywhere from here.)
Last edited by BoboTheIceMan on Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:36 am

(to be fair the gangester era didn't happen till the late 1930s early 40s and well into the mid to late 50s, anyways....) (Yes I know that.. but I like the Idea of the Gangesters in the 20's besides.. it not like I'm sticking Wholy to history, or realism. so :P)

*a man of not but 5 foot seven with a slim but muscled build and brownish grey hair wearing a pair of sunglasses slowly entered the more upclass bar, he proceeded across the main floor towards the bar listening to the swing music playing and from the corner of his eye he glimpsed two bouncers among the crowd. as he took a seat at the bar counter the bartender asked him what he could get him.

"scotch...", without saying anything else he leaned on one arm and half turned to watch the dancer on stage before he noted a rather large group in a dark corner of the bar that appeared to be from the families. with a low grumble he turned back around and the bartender had appeared with his drink and asked for payment up front which he produced before taking a sip of his scotch.

as the bartender went to speak with another customer, he thought to himself about the reasons he had left his home city to come here and hopefully get away from his past as well as any of the families. changed his name, his hair color, even the way he dressed to an extent and it seemed to have worked quite well. in his line of work, one didn't just leave and as far as the families of the cities around all thought he was dead and buried. hopefully it stayed that way, however if anyone did take notice him he had a convincing cover story. he was going by "Mr. Smith now and was slowly making his way north to get to the yukon for a nice long vacation from working the last eight years at a steel factory". so far the last P.I. that chatted him up bought the story so he was in luck. it just didn't take long for things to go sour though and his two colt .45 pistols tucked away under his trenchcoat were there just for such occassions. once more he went back to watching the dancer on stage.*
Last edited by WildCard on Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.