Aura's sister site

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:14 am

becky you could of edited the wikipedia page foe the tenner lol~

Dianic Traditions they are the only tradition that i know of in pagan or witch traditional paths that dont really take on the male aspect where all the others do both.

shamans dont do gods it dead folks ,guides and spirits.
HES a SHAMAN WKD!!
Last edited by Tartan on Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:16 pm

So, witches honour Gods, then?
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:16 pm

YES!!! *mutters*
WITCHES ALSO HONOR GODS!!!
*walks away shaken her head*
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:45 am

Very interesting, I hadn't really though about it before, but primary deities of both sexes, makes perfect sense given a more primal outlook. It's easier to imagine (bad choice of word -.-, but my mind is blank of a closer one) a deity closer to oneself, Christian God made man in his own image, by extension God is like man. Having a God for manly things and a Goddess for womanly stuff is much more in tune with a simpler time. It would be the combination of both aspects for stuff like argiculture, which in actuality would require the co-operation of both man and woman.

Matt, In a field with quite enough terms, do really thing it's prudent to try bash in your own made-up term to fit your reasoning. Any group that would claim affilation with a group, in this instance Paganism, has a fairly decent shot at being labeled 'true-paganism' by your definition. On the other side of the coin any group that doesn't can also be smudged in also, if you shout it loud enough.
Last edited by Mik on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:20 am

Lastwolf wrote:Very interesting, I hadn't really though about it before, but primary deities of both sexes, makes perfect sense given a more primal outlook. It's easier to imagine (bad choice of word -.-, but my mind is blank of a closer one) a deity closer to oneself, Christian God made man in his own image, by extension God is like man. Having a God for manly things and a Goddess for womanly stuff is much more in tune with a simpler time. It would be the combination of both aspects for stuff like argiculture, which in actuality would require the co-operation of both man and woman.
Lastwolf this is why i am wiccan and a witch the fact we take on board the 2 most important aspects,it makes very much sence as you can group every thing under a male or female aspect eg.the sun,fire,mars and air are all male aspects
the moon water earth and tides are female aspects.

with out one aspect life cant go on at all.even though a female can bare a child and provide it food fom her own body (a reason why many pre-christain men worshipped females and priestess.)BUT she still very much needs the male to help make the child.
Also with gods and goddess you can ask them to help in rites and rutials and casting.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:59 pm

A nice way of looking at the world, I suppose.

No offense but how did you decide to follow this path ?

I mean people are often recruited (? again not sure if that's the word I'm aiming for) into religon at a young age, either via parents or religous youth groups. I spent some time in one of them myself and I was often presented with reformed characters, that had a religous experiance in a moment, devoid of hope or seeking redemption. Claims of anything ranging from direct or metaphorical conversation with God to conversation with an acolyte of some decription. Whilst, I have never myself had one of these moments (Maybe, my young mind was correct and one needs to first, go to prison) and I find it difficult to comprend, I ... guess I understand that.

I don't see how you just become another way, whilst I don't discount the fact that it may indeed be parently passed down, I find it unlikely as this seems to be something of a recent (theologically speaking) occurance. I can't remember the date, but someone back there listed a few dates in the 60's as your core start date and everything before that is specualtion.

Again, I don't intend to offend, often people get arguementive with me when I address the subject of their beliefs (hi, jehovah's witnesses! /wave) but to me this seems to be a fad, a fashion predominantly upheld by young women, a sort of religon for posers.

I guess in my rambling my real question is, was there a religous experiance or curiosty that led you to first consider this choice ?

On the issue of spells, I think you refered to them as a form of prayer, I mean I'd pray all the time if I thought it'd work (might be my problem), I still can't shake this Harry potter, abbacabadra style image from my head everytime the word is used. Have you ever had a spell actually work, because to me all the cool part of witch mythology is the turning people into frogs and stuff. Are we talking some alchemy or something?
Last edited by Mik on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:44 pm

"No offense but how did you decide to follow this path ?"
okay let me take you back to around about the age of 13/14 year old aurora,i have always been a loner or a lone wolf so to speak,only my family were important at the time and no my mother and father are not church every sunday peaple but are chirstains.
My mother says im living in a fairy world and my father dont like it but acknowledges some of the facts i am a witch these days cos i will not shut up about it lol!
i have always been "away with the fairies" and had lots of imaginary animals but not many humans and i told every one i could speack to them even my flying pony...(i was a pony fan)
okay round about 13/14years old i never took a interset in "god" i as a good christain back then prayed and my prayers were left unaswered.so i let the whole "chirstain" thing go over my head.
i got bullied at school which to me was unfair and blamed the christian god for me being the buillied and being werid.
around about that time i was given/found a lil pink book called "pocket book of spells" and that started it off.

i have allways been into myths and legends and as i got older and learnt about reglion i knew i was not a christain but something eles.it took me a long time and after searching i found the witch/wiccan ways and the realised that i was not wierd at all and that i came home to the goddess and god that was right for me.

i understand that peaple think its a style of fashion thats new and cool but i disagree i know people that are 5th generation Tatcho Romany Gypsie & Hereditary Wytch and peaple whom are born form witch familys.
Oh and hell yeah i watched bewitched,sabrina the teenage witch anything like that i sat and watched harry potter too but most of it is hollywood magic and computer effects and so what i enjoyed it but magic by wrigglen your nose or pionting your wand and a lighting bolt comes out just plain hollywood but... james only lately got me to watch the craft i have never seen it and people took the piss outa it why i duno , i watched it and told james that the stuff was very accurate for hollywood with the rituals and rites done inthe movie these guys did there home work.

As for spells that work well i send lots of healing to people all over the world whom request it but!
i once sent healing to someone athat they didnt know about it i knew that they would benefit form some healing as they had troubles and since they live on the other side of the world i counldnt do anything but send it.
too then get a PM form that person say how ther heatlh gotten slightly better and also swaer they saw me in her back garden ,she never seen a pic of me before then .i showed her a picture online and she about fell off her seat! we both put it down to astral travel (which is often not classed as witch craft by normal people).
Another one i did which scared the crap out of me and even james was a bit shocked it was a hex and well she had it coming i hexed her for 3 nights of hell and them same nights and the days i was ill (the threefold return from the witches rede) i then after was in the same room as her to hear her say "omg i have not slept at all the past 3 nights and the nightmears were horrible im so tired" with that it confirmed to me it had worked, when i ran home to tell james he sat there with his mouth open in shock.
Last edited by Tartan on Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:57 pm

Matt wrote:So, witches honour Gods, then?
*bashes her head into a wall*

What do you think I fucking said?
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:26 pm

roflmao :E
Last edited by Tartan on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narren7
Solider

Post by Narren7 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:22 am

A lot of it is pretty much the same as native american beliefs in the great spirit(s)..
And with the concepts of spirit energys and the belief that life works in a full circle.
Don't over think it so much guys lol It's actually quite simplistic really :lol:
With death theres life, with life theres death. Life energy merely migrates. *shrugs*
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:54 pm

Narren7 wrote:With death theres life, with life theres death. Life energy merely migrates. *shrugs*

Exactly. That's what Paganism is about. A balance of opposites. It's the good ole concept of yin and yang.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:30 am

Interesting, lucky I was tactiful for once or I woulda had zomgz nightmares, though tbh I find them awesome, after the fact.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:46 am

As I said earlier in the thread, I've seen some strange things happen and that was the strangest of them all. Granted I wasn't present when she spoke about those sleepless nights but I'm not about to call my fiancée a liar. Even on top of everything else, it's not enough to make me believe in all of this, but I am starting to think there is some weird shit going on.
Last edited by Chewi on Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:43 am

While I don't know much about Paganism myself, despite arguing a case earlier. I'm now throughly convinced that Becky is talking out of her arse.

I also didn't really believe any of the Witchy stories you guys told me :( I just thought of a remarkable coincidence. Which seem never to happen, anymore. We only get miracles and failures, apparently. If something happens it's an act of God/paranormalshit and if it fails it fails. Nothing just happens :(
Forgetfuldan
Enforcer

Post by Forgetfuldan » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:15 am

I thought we had something spooky going on the othernight woke at about I dunno 5am to find the tv and xmas lights on so went to the loo then was about to shout at echo to find everything was switched off again. Turns out the 2 different socket remotes conflict with each other, he was sleeping on one and landed on the buttons to turn it off lol. Needless to say I ended up on the loo again anyway!