A DOG ate my book!!!

You remember them, they are those things that cavemen used before they invented fire and iPads.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:57 pm

Ok, I was babysitting these two little boys and they wanted to go outside and swim. So i took a book, The Woman Who Rides Like A Man, by Tamora Pierce, outside with me to read while they play. Well, I sat the book down on a chair to help them get in, and when i turn around there dog had taken off w. my book and tearing it apart. I was soo upset. I went to the bookstore to buy a new one, but no, they don't have it and they can't get it. WHY? Because the one book that the dog just had to eat is the one book that's out of print...Just my stupid luck. I have her whole collection (except her Trickster's series, not in paperback yet) and then the dog had to go and eat one that will be hard for me to get. But I will find it...yepyepyep...

*Sorry boredness made me decide to post this nothing more.*
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:03 pm

"The dog ate my homework!"
"Can't you think up a better excuse than that?"
"No it really did!"
"Uh huh."

:lol:
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:31 pm

All you gotta do now... is wait.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:55 pm

heheheh

aww, cheers lass, i needed cheering up
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:25 am

The moral of the story is that if your supervising little people that you should be doing that and not reading. Especially with pools.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:46 pm

they are old enough that you don't need to supervise them constantly. But young enough where you have to stay outside if their in the hot tub. Neways... I'm still made i loved that book.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:56 pm

Yea books dont like being with me. I was driving in St Andrews and my passager had there window open and when I turned sharply. The book LOTRs few of my dashboard and out the window. Lost that lol. My other one errmm was a book about a hacker and now its got a 12mm hole through it. Me and dad was drilling a hole through my cuboard and it was on the other side
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:22 am

Lol Echo. Hey, this dog is stupid though, it eats nething that fits in it's mouth, and since the dog is huge, there's not much that doesn't
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:45 pm

David, when i come over there, remind me not to let you around my books. I love them....

And thats very sad about your book. :(
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:01 am

Isn't it though?? But I won't rest until I have another copy of it...nopenopenope. :D
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:35 pm

wow, very old topic, but am resurrecting it to let you all know, i got a new copy. WAHOO>
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:42 pm

w00t!

I <3 books I have like a million of them lying around my room, I've read them all about twice minium I go on a book buying glutt every month or so buy about 5 books and I dodn't know which to read first so I end up reading about 2/3 at the same time until one really peaks my interest and I have to see it through to the end.

I usually take great care over them until they are read then they get thrown on the pile.
Last edited by Mik on Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:05 pm

Lastwolf wrote:w00t!

I <3 books I have like a million of them lying around my room, I've read them all about twice minium I go on a book buying glutt every month or so buy about 5 books and I dodn't know which to read first so I end up reading about 2/3 at the same time until one really peaks my interest and I have to see it through to the end.

I usually take great care over them until they are read then they get thrown on the pile.
everyone i know says i have way too many books. lmao. I just love them. acutally i just bought two more today. hehehe...the newest one from tamora pierce, and the newest one from amelia atwater rhodes..i'm one of those ppl, if i own one book in a series, i have to own the whole thing.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:46 am

That's the problem with Fantasy ....way to many fucking series....it's an expensive habit.

Hehehe I try and not to talk to Mik about Books because i'm bad for his Bank Balance ;)

Heh you finally got the new Tamora Pierce one hey?

Well tell me what you think afterwards because I personally think there is an ambigious lead.

I have a new author you might like that was recommended to me. Lynn Flewellyn (sp) The series in Question is called the Tamir Triad but it isn't finished yet.

I used to own too many books but I actually gasp sold a lot of them a few months ago because they where taking up room....i only left stuff that I truely enjoyed, I am now in the mind of completing my collection by buying all those series i've read...but haven't purchased.

Libraries are my friends :)
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:12 am

i see, you start dating me, then get rid of all your good books.