Kingdom Hearts

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:10 am

some see it as an abomination, an unholy merge of disney and square, others like myself see it as an excellently arragned and programmed masterpiece of a videogame and are dying with anticipation waiting for the next one. so like the topic says, what think you my fellow aurians
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:17 pm

I agree with you dude

Kingdom Hearts 2 will be good..i think anyway....there were no annoying things about the first game....so they can only make it worse...oh appart from the last bosses inablity to DIE god damn it

I have seen a great reveiw of it too...looks smashing if ya ask me
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:37 am

last boss was easy. Kurt Zisa was hard as fuck. im just mad that americans like myslef got shafted out of the full version Final Mix
Alitayuy
Civillian

Post by Alitayuy » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:51 am

I adored the game...though, I was retarded and it took me over a year to beat. But it was fun! Can't wait until the next one!
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:38 am

I've been meaning to play it but i've never had time.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:55 pm

this is the best work from square since ff7. This is proves the point that Nomura is more than just a good artist, and proves it in spades.

And his Leon/ Squall character fix leads me to believe that had he been allowed more creative control of FF8 it mightnot have been such a flop in so many eyes.

This game was labeled by many people as a 'just for kids' release but fuck that it's better directed, better delievered and better packaged than any FF game in the last 5 years.

It also makes FFX's and FFX-2 voice acting and character direction look like a piece of piss, it's a masterful display of Nomura and his team's talent. I think Noumra should be allowed a crack at an FF game shearly of the back of Kh, if not then aleast be allowed to further his abilities by beging allow to control a more 'grow-up' project.
Last edited by Mik on Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:45 pm

an interview with nomura told us that KH2 will be even more aimed at older audiences as it will be a little darker than the first game. also Vincent is lined up as a possible character to appear in the second game

and i agree FF8 could have been a lot better if the character development had been handled entirley by Nomura and yes Leon could kick Squall's ass any day.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:24 pm

I dont have to say anything.
It seems that if you drill the idea into miks head enuff he'll say it exactly as you would have.

without restrictions Nomura is one of the few gods of character design.(that expands beyond pretty artwork)
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:02 am

leon and squall are the same person...right?///right?

when is KH2 out?
Maverick512000
Civillian

Post by Maverick512000 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:52 am

I loved the game even if it was aimed at children. I truly think that the Disney/Square team did a damn fine job. KH2 should be good because they are aiming it at an older group. Auron is suppose to be in it as well as Vincent also several disney characters are suppose to be back. It looks like SquareEnix maybe getting its act together FFXII looks good, even if it does sound like a rip off of Skies of Arcadia lol, and so does Star Ocean 3. I don't know guess see if they can pull it out.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:09 am

ahh but KH twas not aimed at children entirley and KH2 is supposed to be even darker and more serious in tone.

as for a release date there is not one set yet but its guessed at early to mid 2005 for North American release
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:15 am

KH was infact aimed at children...
that doesnt meant that people above that stage of life cant enjoy it too.

I mean Im in my 20's but let the Never Ending Story or Dark Crystal start playing, im there. I admit to getting a kick outta Potter movies. I'm addicted to Teen Titans.

its funny, but people who dont wanna play KH because its aimed at children...need to grow up.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:44 am

Nintendo is all about family games, which can be aimed at a kids level but can be enjoyable for older people as well. It's why you have some great follow through series as well. Alot of people grew up with Zelda or Mario.

Doesn't it make sense to you that KH could I suppose 'mature' (ie have darker themes) now that it's initial audience has now aged. I personally think that KH had some darker and more poignant parts to it.