Zodiac Stuff!

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:35 pm

is that some sort of octopus thing?
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:43 pm

interesting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus snake holder/healer
Descending Fate
Whelp

Post by Descending Fate » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:42 pm

Melana wrote:There isn't anything wrong with the zodiac, tarot cards and all of that sort of stuff. True most of its very general and obtuse, but mostly they try and either make you do the right thing, think about something in a different way or just tell you that "yes ok today might suck but tomorrow will be better".

I don't think it's a bad thing for something to exist that tries to make someones day better.

It's alot nicer then telling them what morons you think they are.

i'm sorry melana but it's false... why would someone want to believe in something that's false.. i try to be open minded to the fact that people can look at your hand and tell you how many kids your gonna have or they can look at the stars and tell you what your day is gonna be like... besides have you ever read a zodiac.. anyone can relate to it.. it's like me saying okay.. you're gonna eat today and when you get tired tonight you're gonna sleep... some of it is so outrageous you sit there and wait for it to happen and some people are actually disappointed when it doesn't happen... i'm not a big fan of comercialized lying...
Masteroftheweb wrote:Becuase you're a christain of the low church
As for you will... what do you mean christian of the low church.. what does the low church mean by that.. i know you think you're a budhist or something.. but please let me know what you mean by the low church... btw nice job on spelling.. *props*
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Descending Fate wrote:why would someone want to believe in something that's false..
you cant be serious...
theirs way too many didfferent religons out there for you to be serious.

unless youre going to just come out and say you think what ever you belive or dont belive is THE right way and everything else is wrong. but If youre going to say that, then youve got bigger issues.

As for an accurate Zodiac.
Im not sure how different or similar it would be...BUT

nobody here needs a 2000AD zodiac
Most of us need one from about 20 to 25 years ago.
Last edited by kaos on Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:07 pm

Way to take term of defining as an insult dumbass, If I wanted to insult you, I'd just do it...... dumbass.

In christianity, there are 2 terms for all the churches, low church and high chuch. It basiclly comes tot his. Churches that are open minded about the bible, beleiving that the stories are metaphors, and willing to discuss their meanings, are high churches. Churches that say that it's litteral, there is no discusion, and that ti's generally bad to question it, are low churches.

Wiki isn't correct about why it's not there. 2000 years ago, oph wasn't apart of the constilation. It didn't house the sun at all, but due to the earth's Precession, it does now

http://members.aol.com/GroovySciFiChick/13thsign.html
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:10 pm

I thought it was a very christian thing to criticize other people's beliefs.
Descending Fate
Whelp

Post by Descending Fate » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:11 am

kaos..

(for your sake... the definition of zodiac isThe twelve constellations through which the eliptic passes. They are: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces or the one they just tend to leave out Ophiuchus)

i didn't say anyones religion was wrong.. try reading it again.. i don't know how you got that from what i said.. when i specifically said the zodiac was wrong..

now the zodiac which i remember will said something about it being messed up before too saying they neglected one of the zodiac signs.. Ophiuchus or something like that.... wasn't even recognized as a zodiac by the astrologers... and if we're gonna get into the christianity issue... which i never brought up by the way.. someone got really defensive.. when i gave my view on the zodiac.. but anyway... what happened 2000 years ago in christianity when christ supposedly came here to save us... wasn't a zodiac.. as said before in the definition.. and come on you can't really live by something.. like the zodiac... that's just silly... especially since i'm both a cancer and a gemini... hmm? anyway don't turn this into a religion debate because frankly the zodiac doesn't have anything to do with religion... and i mean religion based on the salvation of ones soul..
Last edited by Descending Fate on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:28 am

I know what the fuck a zodiac is.

a person can live by whatever he or she deems worth their time.
the same as a person is free to make make his or own own moral code to follow.

I brought relgion becuase you said...

"why would someone want to believe in something that's false.. "

My point being, that their are so many other things out there to belive in that it is impossible for all of them to be fact.
Religion clearly falls under that.

Your 'question' comes off sounding very ignorant of that.

you go on to say...
"have you ever read a zodiac.. anyone can relate to it."

that includes every major religion in the world.

You dont set up a popular belife system by excluding people and to the point of making an elite class...unless youre trying to make a play for supremacy.
Descending Fate
Whelp

Post by Descending Fate » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:39 am

you know what? this argument stops here... i'm sorry i feel as if i need to be the mature one.. if it makes you feel better you're right.. is everything okay now? all i have to say is i stated my opinion... just like you have the right to do so.. alright so stop being mr. conspiracy theory.. and calm the fuck down...

and no offense if you're trying to make someone believe you know what you're talking about make sure you do a spell check prior to hitting enter.. if you want to talk about being ignorant... btw that would be *belief*
and also *believe* *because* and last but not least *religion*

and to be honest.. i don't appreciate a flame coming from a moderator of this forum i never once approached you in anyway in there in a rude way.. i personally believe this has been spammed up enough.. it's the zodiac not religion.. maybe i should've sent that question i asked will in a msg.. so you wouldn't miscontrue something that was said.. i'm sorry you completely misread what i was saying.. i was simply stating an opinion that believed.. and then i asked a question.. hmm?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:00 am

the mature one?

"oh yeah? well youre spelling sucks!"

thats pretty mature....

private PM's condragulating me on being "the biggest dickhead ever"

thats pretty mature....

"blah blah blah youre a moderator bleh"

also mature. (and a keen observation)

so "for your sake"....

I dont mod shit.
I'm a mod of a forum which needs no moderation as the forum in question is really just a big idea dump.
and quite honestly, till you brought it up...I had no idea I was one.

but anyway, Thanks for being so mature about all this.
Cuzz yo, I wasnt even about to go there.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:17 am

ok all i have to say is it's bologna there is no god... christianity is not accurate.. people are in control of their own destinys so get over it and step up and take care of your shit...*bell rings* now get the fuck out of my class.. deuce!!
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:41 am

Hey Squirrel, what's the symbol for that 13th Sign? Is it something cool like a fire breathing chimera?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:07 am

One again, If you have to resort to complaining about spelling you have ran of of vlaid ierieraprjeprjae;r, okay ?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:47 pm

Obviously Joe, you know nothing about Christianity. They firmly believe in each individual's free will.

class dismissed.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:26 pm

You actually took what I posted seriously? Stop being such a nob, Ben.