Iron Man

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:29 pm

I was bored at Wikipedia.
So anyway. I dont think its been confirmed one way or the other if Ozzy's Ironman was the same or based on Stan Lee's Iron man.

if you listen to the song some of the lyrics just didnt fit.
and yet some certainly do.

as time goes on tho it's starting to look like the entire song may actually fit.
or, I could just be making things like that way, cuzz i want them too.

anyway..........
I put this together.

Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all,
Or if he moves will he fall?

"Now I can stand, move, even walk without toppling"
-This is a quote from Tony while wearing the armor in his debut comic.

Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts within his head?
Well just pass him there
Why should we even care?

"He lives he walks he conquers"
-this is written above a drawing Tony in the suit, in the same debut comic.

He was turned to steel
In the great magnetic field

"Flex metal withdrawn and extend with magnetism"
"Its flexable as cloth and when magnetized it becomes stronger than steel."
-this comes in a later (but still early) comic where Tony is putting on the NEW armor that defines him (red and gold) most every other armor afterward, and even now, has been patterned after this armor.

Also, Golden armor (the original debut armor painted gold actually) "has ability to increase magnetism 100 fold"

Where he traveled time
For the future of mankind

Nobody wants him
He just stares at the world
Planning his vengeance
That he will soon unfold

Now the time is here
For iron man to spread fear
Vengeance from the grave
Kills the people he once saved

Nobody wants him
They just turn their heads
Nobody helps him
Now he has his revenge

Heavy boots of lead
Fills his victims full of dread
Running as fast as they can
Iron man lives again!

This is were Ozzy's psychic ability kicks in.
this storyline isnt all that recent, but its not all that old either...
it most likely came after the song (the previous examples came before the song) but becuase it was written up by so many people, I doubt they conciously molded it fit the lyrcs, and so....

(from wikipedia)
It is revealed soon after in a controversial storyline called "The Crossing" that a traitor is among the Avengers' ranks, and it turns out to be none other than Iron Man himself. It appears that the villain Kang the Conqueror has been manipulating Stark for years, using him as a sleeper agent, and causing him to push aside his friends and unconsciously serve Kang. Stark, fully in Kang's thrall, kills Marilla, the nanny of Crystal and Quicksilver's daughter Luna, as well as Rita DeMara, the female Yellowjacket, then an ally of the Avengers.

(It is revealed later, during the Avengers Forever miniseries, that these events are really due to the machinations of a disguised Immortus, not Kang, and the mental control had only gone back for a few months.)
The story continues in "Timeslide". Needing help to defeat both Stark and Kang, the team travel back in time and recruit a teenage Tony Stark from an alternate timeline to assist them. "Teen Tony" steals a suit of Stark's armor to aid the Avengers against his older self, and the sight of his younger self shocks the older Stark enough for him to regain momentary control of his actions, and he sacrifices his life to stop Kang. "Teen Tony" later builds his own suit to become the "new" Iron Man. The teenage Stark remains in the present day and legally regains control of his company.
During the battle with the creature called Onslaught, "Teen Tony" dies, along with many of his teammates and allies from the Avengers and Fantastic Four. However, Franklin Richards preserves these "dead" heroes in the "Heroes Reborn" pocket universe, in which Tony Stark is once again an adult and a hero. The reborn adult Stark, upon returning to the normal Marvel Universe, retains the memories of both the original and teenage Tony Stark, and considers himself to have been both of them. With the aid of law firm Nelson & Murdock, he successfully regains his fortune and sets up a new company (during his "death", Stark Enterprises had been sold), Stark Solutions. He also returns from the pocket universe with a fully-restored living heart. After the Avengers reform, Stark demands that a hearing be convened to look into his actions just prior to the Onslaught incident. Cleared of wrongdoing, he rejoins the Avengers.

I dunno about you guys, but wether or not the song was patterned ofter the marvel super hero or not, I'm pretty convinced it now fits....almost perfectly.

horray boredum!
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:59 pm

it's a good tune
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:51 pm

I prefer the children's book by Ted Hughes....
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:38 pm

I remember hearing the story when I was about 7. That must have been from the book Becky is talking about. I dunno about this comic but the song rocks. \m/
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:19 pm

Not know Iron man?
comprehension skills failing....
ugh! ack!
it hurts!

seriously tho, I thought he was one of the most known.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:38 pm

oh i wouldn't say he's one of the 'most known,' But if you're even slightly into comics i'd be suprised if you haven't heard of him. Hell the Fantastic 4 isn't really all that popular outside of the comic regulars. For most people who don't read 'em, you've got Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and maybe a few of the more popular X-Men like Wolverine and Storm and that's it.

Speaking of some 'off trend' heroes, Think they'll ever do anything with Green Lantern? I always thought that concept was pretty cool. I mean hell, they did Daredevil, and his superpower was he was blind.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:47 pm

Green Lantern would be cool
but it looks like all DC is interested in movies wiase is super man and bat man.
gotta be honest tho, I'm only a fan of the Black Green lantern. never got into the other ones.

i have a few comics of the original latern laying around here...he was so damn lame. and they paired him with the flash and made him lame too.
the look like the "amigously gay duo" most times.

oh yeah...I think i read somwhere that Flash has a shot at a film. i havent heard much else other than that tho.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:47 am

Chewi wrote:I remember hearing the story when I was about 7. That must have been from the book Becky is talking about. I dunno about this comic but the song rocks. \m/
Kaos isn't talking about the book, and the song wasn't about it neither.....although the story is more than 25 years old
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:29 am

The book was pretty cool but was about a 40 foot giant robot, where as the Ironman we're talking about is a dude with a heart condition.

I know of Ironman because of the cartoons and the Power hour thing they used to show when I was a kid with the double up Fantastic 4 and Ironman.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:32 am

kaos wrote:Not know Iron man?
comprehension skills failing....
ugh! ack!
it hurts!

seriously tho, I thought he was one of the most known.
It's like I've said before man, the only comics I've ever actually read are the British ones for kids - The Beano and The Dandy. I can't speak for the whole of Britain but I don't really know anyone who's ever been into them. It must be a cultural difference. A friend of mine is interested in Doctor Who comics but that's because he like Doctor Who, not because he likes comics.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:35 am

comics are not staple diet of most kids growing up, I think I owned like 2 or something, they just aren't easily obtainable, I'm not even sure there would enough of a market for them with the overwhelming forms of other media out there these days.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:59 am

you guys should write the government and see etf the deal is.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:46 pm

whoa, if I click on that pic to enlarge it I can see the matrix!
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:55 pm

Yeah something wrong with those pics.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:15 pm

same here with fox
but iexplorer gets it right.