Games you played Recently....

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:15 am

i've got dodgy firmware to allow me play copied games. But am 1 of those ppl who rather test a full game than a demo. i pretty much buy every game i try.

life time ban on the machine, not on the account
Last edited by EchoPark on Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:27 pm

ooh, Ill have to keep that in mind come the other next gen or whatever.

beat Assassins Creed.
The ending is disappointing.
its not like it had much of a story to begin with. but they pack the meat of the story into the endgame, and even then its not complete. because they deliberately leave it open for sequels....multiple sequels that can jump off from any number of things they hinted at.

its normal for games to leave room for a sequel. but this is like the entire game is only an elaborate commercial for the next game(s) in the series.

I wont be playing any of them unless the game sees a makeover.
Last edited by kaos on Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:42 pm

I think we all know that I am currently playing Lineage II, and also COD Multiplayer. Alas I suck, especially with rifles. Ack!
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:36 pm

I'm currently playing LOZ: Phantom Hourglass, going through Advance Wars: DS for the 4th time (on Hard Campaign), Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Kingdom Hearts 2 (still), and I picked up Killer 7 for $5 when I was back in the USA. I think it was a good deal, although it was the PS2 version. I got FFXII finally as well, but I'm not going to list anything until I actually play it.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 pm

There is a new DS Advance war's gaming coming out Ryan, it's called two different things though.

How you liking Phantom hourglass?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:51 am

Playing Assassins Creed and I haven't finished it yet. Don't know what Kaos is on about. There's plenty of story. I'm loving the gameplay, too. Perhaps you should give it the benefit of the doubt, due to how rushed it was (because Ubisoft were fighting off EA Games) and the good fact that it's, for once, an original concept game. The sales of Assassins Creed is said to be setting Ubisoft up for a bit. I think you will definately see those revamps, but to how pleased you'll be with them depends on what quibbles you have with the gameplay.

I'm also playing Call of Duty 4. Which I must say is the first game that I've actually enjoyed the Multiplayer a hell of a lot more. Plenty of perves out there already, though (people who know the game really well :P) I've got one obvious complaint: lobbying fucking sucks. Is it impossible to create a server list? I welcome the idea of rewards for doing well, but sometimes it's incredibly hard to do well when the enemy knows your position, is outnumbering you and has far superior guns and perks, to you. Final complaint: partying can make things suck. Clans of 40+ levels grouping together is cool for them but sucks for anyone against them wanting to level up, especially given how hard it is to get a bleeding game. I'm aware there's a mercenaries mode for the 360, but on the PS3, this is not an option. Did I mention that lobbying sucks and getting a game is fucking hard?
Last edited by Matt on Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:59 am

I just got past the part of Red Ninja: End of Honour that Marna's been stuck on for over a year. Go me. And yay for shortcuts! :D Was still fucking hard even with the shortcut though.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:57 pm

i played cod4, gonna start playin it again when i get it for the PC, pretty much have to agree on ya matt
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:47 am

Melana wrote:There is a new DS Advance war's gaming coming out Ryan, it's called two different things though.

How you liking Phantom hourglass?
Are you serious? I want it! I'm up to around 140 medals in the first game now. I'm also kicking ass on LOZ. It's so innovative how they use all the tricks the DS has to offer. I'm up to the Goron temple now in that game.

I also started a save in FFXII, but I doubt I will touch that again until next year (I'm currently playing through FFVII and all the others in order . . . so meh). In other news, I'm almost through with Kingdom Hearts 2! Only about 10 more hours to go in that game.

Kiler 7 is also one fucked up game, but I can't wait to dig my teeth into it.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:46 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_Wars:_Days_of_Ruin

It's coming out really soon, if it's cheap in Singapore when i'm there i'll pick you up a copy as well if you like and post it out to you.

Otherwise it's in Australia January 25th.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:58 am

I'm not sure if I want to pick that up right away. I'm still playing quite a few games, and I'd like to see reviews for the game before I pick it up. If you're going to buy a copy, let me know what you think about it after you play! I'm perfectly happy playing Dual Strike for the moment. I kind of like the old style (hell, been playing it for 3 games), so I don't know if that new style will work for it yet. Hope it's good!
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:03 am

Currently play the Dawn of war gmes again to keep me going and C&C3 from tie to time not got any new games seen as i'm still out in Afghanistan.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 pm

on assassins creed
every boss having the same exact thing to say, tho they may say it in different words and accents, doesn't actually count as a story.

Smackdown! VS Raw '08
Featuring ECW.

its great.

not really a sports game nor is it a fighting game.
but its defiantly my kind of VS. game.

I tend to hate all other sports games.
and I think that I've outgrown the fighting game genre all together.
With the exception of soul caliber, those games just don't appeal to me any more.
Last edited by kaos on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:57 pm

Trigo wrote:Currently play the Dawn of war gmes again to keep me going and C&C3 from tie to time not got any new games seen as i'm still out in Afghanistan.
Heh and there I was thinking you'd want to take your mind off the job!
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:10 am

I actually looked at the new smackdown game and it looked interesting with the bio reader at the corner which i loved. watchin a bunch of kids played and some dude jumped from the top of the cage on to some dude on the ground and his bio reader just went red! i was like YEA BITCH!!! then i ran out of the store as the parnets looked at me with there hangbags at the ready