Games you played Recently....

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:15 am

kaos wrote:personally I thought quake 4 seemed so....Basic.

ofcourse that could be exactly what people want/need lately

the fps + gimmick thing gets old.
quakes lacks of a gimmick could be a good thing.
Pretty much. I thought Doom 3 was much better. It had the whole PDA thing with audio diaries.

I've just started Oblivion on the PC. It's so-so, so far.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:48 am

Melana wrote:How fair into the game are you atm Ryan? I think i'm up to the healing crystal or the mission after. I'm sooo glad you got your game, i was afraig that you wouldn't get it.

Pokemon is really fun, it's odd really.
I'm up to 380 hours on Pokemon Pearl now . . . pumping up a lot of my decent pokemon to the point where I'm satisfied with their moves and stats. It's insane, really. And I beat Advance Wars last week I think. I tried the hard campaign and got RAPED on the first map. Any advice for the Hard Campaign? Should I go through regular one more time to get my CO's levels up?

Oh, and in FFVI I'm collecting Espers and characters in the world of Ruin. Thinking of getting Cyan in the Zozo mountains or Relm at Owzer's house next . . . suggestions on what do to next?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:47 am

Xanien wrote:Oh, and in FFVI I'm collecting Espers and characters in the world of Ruin. Thinking of getting Cyan in the Zozo mountains or Relm at Owzer's house next . . . suggestions on what do to next?
I take it you're replaying it? I completed it with everyone except Shadow because I didn't know I could save him. :( The first time I tried to face Kefka, I was far too weak so I spent ages levelling up and learning magic. I think a lot of characters reached level 99. When I went to fight him again, it was so easy, I did it first time!
Last edited by Chewi on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:21 am

Yeah, I'm replaying the game for like the 5th time. However, I actually am playing all of the FF games in order this time. I beat the first five already and I'm working my way through FFVI rather quickly. I usually can beat it with most of my characters around the 50 lvl range. Exp Egg helps a lot, and also saving your money and buying only what you really need.

I finally got past the first level in the HARD Campaign for Advance Wars and I'm on the 5th or so mission right now. Weee.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:37 am

Heavenly Sword - I'm somewhere in the midst of Chapter two, i've just defeated creepy fox guy.

I'm not a huge fan of finishing touch stuff, but I'm really enjoying the three stances for the fighting and combos and stuff. I think my problem with finishing touch is that normally I don't have the controller level...i'm one of those jerk left jerk right people thinking that some how my inane movements might help my character if i do them too.

Though... you can after touch dead bodies. Which is cool.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:35 am

They made Wii just for you.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:39 pm

Of course they did ;) and i meant after touch...damn
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:05 pm

Well played portal for 2.3 hours(what my steam page says) and finished the main part of the game still to play the bonus stuff but its way too short :(
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14 pm

Yea i think thats everyones problem with portal. :( i've only played a few lvls of it but i actually like the flash game better lol
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:17 am

Wow, I haven't posted in here for a while. I'm getting really close to beat Ratchet and Clank 3 finally, and I beat Silent Hill 4 the other day (thank god). I also just completed the National Dex on my pokemon game (482 pokemon). Kingdom Hearts 2 is going back on my plate soon.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:35 am

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

look around.
youll not find a fair review at all for this game.

however... it IS pretty bad.

but most of these reviews wont even tell you why.

here why.

-its short.
its pretty much a one day game any way you look at it.
the only thing that adds any length is how many times you'll be starting over becuase of how silly the difficulty is.

-difficulty levels are ridiculous
"difficult" is not the word for this game.
cuzz it really doesn't matter how skilled a player you are.
its just gonna come down to luck at the end.
I played the first half of the game on normal level and then at about the half way mark it got silly. this is the first time in years if went back and made a concious decision to turn the game down to easy, and didnt feel any kind of guilt or regret over it. hard is just a sick joke.

-controls are terrible.
the basic controls layout for how a 3rd person shooter should work are pretty standard now, and have been for several years.
I applaud people often for trying something wholly new, and improvements on older systems is always welcome. but this does neither.
they give you another layout to use. but it only changes two functions, and turns out worse than the default.

-story/direction shifts gears and drops the ball mid way thru the game.
the game is billed as a crime drama, that features these two amazing lead characters.

thats true for half the game.

in the latter have the game turns into Medal of Honer or Call of Duty, and does so without any warning or reason, and doesn't give a good explanation in the story either.

come to think of it. the game didn't explain anything particularly well, but in the first half you really don't notice because you figure "this will be explained later on." of course it isn't.

the characters start out good too.
both of them start out well

but like i said mid way thru when you hit the army jungle campaign thing.
Kane becomes so 2 demensional, and Lynch just becomes a nothing at all. a tag along character with nothing to offer.

thats dissapointing becuase Lynch was supposed to be the psychopath character, and was doing great at the role for the first half and the devs got to do some cool tricks with him and he (player 2) perceives things visually.

but all that just simply stopped, with no explaination.
Lynch simply does not have any other episodes after the halway point, and his side of the story is forgotten completely.

the game goes from Kane and Lynch to Kane with Lynch and turns itself into every other generic 3ps out there with a generic archtype character. and devolves player 2 into an optional...option.

bottom line...
this is a rental title
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:05 am

Brain Training Academy for the Wii: Surprisingly addictive in single player mode as well as mutliplayer mode... though you have to be wary of competitive people through Wii's at you.

Chocobo Tales (DS): Surprising addictive in a cute mini game way. It's like all the wario mini games... but packaged better...with a card system i haven't quite worked out yet but i've only played an hour and a half.

Mass Effect (360): Awesome... but Toshi keeps deciding to play it when i want to go to bed... so i usually end up falling asleep... though i have a small gripe at how the main character Shephard runs...it's wierd.

Links Cross Bow Training (Wii): Lots and lots of fun... the level of hidden stuff is great and even though there are only like.... 24 or so actually levels... they are all pretty fun. Well the ones i've unlocked so far. Though i'm having some issues with cross bow alignment on the big tv which is a pain in the ass, wasn't rectified even when we adjusted the sensor bar. But it's still awesome.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:20 pm

assassins creed.

its good.

its no prince of Persia.
theirs no real fantasy appeal to the game.

but thats not really a fault I suppose.

I get the feeling that they were going after the history buff crowd.
not sure if thats a good idea....how many of them are really gamers?

its pretty repetitive.

theirs like a pattern

instead of just going after the mark.
they make you go info gathering, or pickpocketing first....neither of which is actually a great addition to game play. its more like a job.

then you can go kill the guy.
and then he'll try and convince you he was doing some good.
I think they wanna make you question the line of good/evil here.
but it really doesn't work cuzz its not like they give you a choice....you HAVE to kill the guy.

instead you just sorta feel like your character feels at the beginning of the game.
"dude i just wanna wack people....i don't care why?"

anyway, so far that seems to be the entire go in a nutshell

get mission
get info.
kill guy
listen to dialogue
repeat.

everything else in the game is really just there to waste some time.

story's ok i guess. but im starting to think its gonna be one of those predictable ones.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:39 am

Totally agree with u on Assassins Creed, it bores me really. The only bit i love is when u climb a tower and look around. Its just beautiful, but if i want lovely landscapes i'll take a drive.

NFS Pro Street, only played a part. Its alright nothin speical they moved off illegal street racing to orgiansed race days (Legal Cruises)

I can actually feel the speed a lot better in this game but if u play the game in 3rd person or behind the car view i feel that u dont see the road as well so i started to drive within the car which i've been doing more and more on racing games. They changed the drag style which feels like alot of hard work. But i dont know if its just me.

But at the mo thats all i played cause i'm banned from Live on the 360 :(

So its just wow. But chewi got me UT3 so i need to install that when i get drivers for the pc
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:09 am

howdy you manage to get banned?

and how long does that last?
Last edited by kaos on Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.