Movies you seen Recently

The Silver screen, direct to dvd, web only, movie reviews and discussion.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:13 am

finally saw the new 3:10 to yuma.

it was pretty awesome.

everything a remake should be.

it was about 85% the same film as the original word for word scene for scene.

the other 15% brought the films standards up and added more depth to the characters and film as a whole.

my one issue with the dvd, is that they make new mention of the original film and nobody knew any better, they'd lead you to believe they did everything them selves.

but the dialog was just verbatim in places. and even the set design was so uncanny to the original film I was laughing in parts......even the fucking wallpaper matched.
Last edited by kaos on Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Sombody go see doomsday and lemme know if its worth a damn.
I'm interested in this movie...and scared to death its gonna be a Man Clone sans the hotness of a young Tina Turner, doing her best Storm (leader of the Morlocks) impression
Last edited by kaos on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:26 am

10,000BC: It was okay, the momentum was a lot slower than i thought it'd be. The character developement is non-existant. The visuals are stunning. The sabretooth tiger needed to EAT someone. Or at least become a ridable mount.

Cookie think it didn't take itself to seriously and that Evelette's "statuesque" ability to act was intention. Toshi just thinks she couldn't act... but she was pretty so does anyone really care?

I don't know if it's plausible to desire depth of plot from a movie that's meant to be set in 10,000BC... But i could see where it could of gone.

I thought that God being White...was...wierd and ruined the film. Made no sense in my scheme of history.

I wanted to watch Run Fat Boy Run. Saw the review for it...and it looks good... im a little disgruntled.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:28 am

Dragon Tiger Gate.

Damn. thats a good one.

I felt like I was playing a really really good RPG watching this movie.

all the main characters seem to have a well thought out back story, and presented those stories quite nicely through out the film.

the fights were good. their was some wire-fu, but it was different from other films. Here it seemed to only serve to help the actors accent moves they could already do. I think it worked, cause theirs some moments were i question if i wire was used at all, or if they simply slowed the speed down in the shot.

another thing that hints toward gaming seems to be how the costume designer wardrobed the main characters.
it follows my old theory/philosophy to a 'T'

edit: Son of a bitch...
it is a game....and at the root a comic book series.
Last edited by kaos on Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:49 am

Warlords.

jet li movie.
but not really a martial arts flick.
its got some in it of course. but its kinda light and pretty easy on the special fx, no wires here.

its a war movie.
and jet doesn't play the typical role.

its pretty damn good.
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:31 am

me and dani went to see 27 dresses ya know a chic flick with a couple of jokes.
she got the man in the end !
and a happy ever after wedding too.

yeah i think we cried ...well i did. :P
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri May 23, 2008 11:30 pm

New Indiana Jones movie.

It was very entertaining. Really made me laugh and it's nice to watch such an uncomplicated movie.

Also watched Sunshine on Blu Ray a couple of days ago. It's not what i expected but definately worth the watch. It's got some interesting casting. The guy that plays scarecrow in the dark knight (batman) movie, the guy who plays Johnny in fantastic four, Michelle Yeoh? i should know that one.... rose byrne...

it was wierd that all the people who weren't american had to speak with american accents though.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sat May 24, 2008 5:47 pm

Last movie I saw was Next. Which stars Nicolas Cage and Julianne Moore. It's a good film and I'd definately watch it again. It's one of those WOOOAAAAHH movies. You'd have to watcvh it to find out why 'casue I'm not saying anything about the plot.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun May 25, 2008 10:02 pm

Yea i liked Next. Was an alright movie.

Just back from Indiana Jones, not a great as the first 3 but still fun to watch not sure about the whole alien part tho (am scared of aliens XD) but the jokes were still cheesy but amazing!! lol I thought Harrison was talkin quite werid right at the start, i think it was his accent or something but it stopped so its cool.

Stayed to the end of the credits to see something speical but there was nothin ... XD
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon May 26, 2008 11:31 am

I really wanna watch that movie.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon May 26, 2008 2:52 pm

i think the more i think about the Indiana movie the more i actually did like it. I always did say aliens premade us and were some of our acienct gods lol
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon May 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Hmm I think that theory is debateable. But, nevetheless, it is an interesting one, hehe.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon May 26, 2008 6:55 pm

I dont know i think its a good one. Better than some other ones out there like theres a god of some kind. Anything is debatable. But I always thought of the idea that stuff like this and Stargate made more sense. I havent heard much ideas what made sense
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue May 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Ahh, now Stargate rules. I love that film. Ed is also a fan of the series. SG1 and Atlantis. They've also done a film where SG1 has finished (series 10). They're also doing another one where Baal goes back in time to stop the SG1 project from ever happening. Can't wait to see that. But I think you know about SG1 and Atlantis, since your a sci-fi nut :P

They also did cartoon series which Ed rented from Tesco DVD. If your a kid and your not familiar with Stargate, I think you'd like it. However, it's absolutely cheesy, the graphics are appalling, and the plot is just laugh worthy. Totally shit on a stickl.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue May 27, 2008 10:29 pm

yea i saw one cartoon of it and it was pretty much how u said it ... shit on a stick. I liked SG1, the movie rocked but the series went to far for me. It went on for 2 long and i dont like altanis still havent seen the new tv movie. Its been out some time i got the work print of it but still never watched it lol