Movies you seen Recently

The Silver screen, direct to dvd, web only, movie reviews and discussion.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Re: Movies you seen Recently

Post by Mik » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:55 am

Lol wut?

A bot advertising here ? lol we had a population of what, 8 ?

hahah
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:56 am

We do get a few bots through here but I either delete them before they can post or delete them afterwards if I got it wrong. In this case, I wasn't sure, even after they posted. :?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 pm

I take this an a note that The Last Airbender is fucking woeful and that I should never watch it, if botting is their only way to hype it up, lol.

Grown Ups I have watched and it's okay, not one of Ferrel's better works.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Dude!

I just saw Airbender last night....

Holy Fuck is it terrible.
and its so sad cuzz their was a legitimate story under their that wanted to get out.

but fuck!
Its like Nobody in the movie could act...fuck that...Its like nobody in the movie could even deliver a single line properly.
The pace of the movie starts Slow, and never picks up, hell it may even go slower.
On top of that the "action" sequences.... are painfully slow.
so slow that the special FX dont even seem special.
and they fucking set it up at the end for a sequel or two.
and I dunno if its just me...but their were WAY WAY too many white people in this movie.
the whole thing takes loads of influence from Asian culture...but theirs like 1 asian dude in the whole movie and he's an extra.

The only way I'll even consider watching a sequel is if they get a whole new director.
other than that...no deal.

I wanted to like it, but I just cant.
this series already needs a Reboot.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:58 am

We should probably always ask what Mik thinks before seeing a movie. Even if he's never seen it.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:53 am

We should, I'm rarely wrong.

This one was a no brainer, M.Night finally lost his hype, I dunno what's changed since his hey-day but the M-train has completely de-railed. If you watched 'the Happening' you would see this, I'm not saying Marky-Marky and Zoey Deschanel are the 'greatest actors eva!' but they are pretty good 99% of the time. In that movie every time Marky opened his lips I was thinking to myself 'what a twat', if you think that about the Hero of the movie I think we're in trouble.

The guy loves B-Movies and Twilight Zone, nothing wrong with that, Tarantino is the same and nearly everyone loves him. The problem is thus; B-Movies are shit, you know they are shit, I know they're shit, your mum prolly knows, you go in with low to the balls expectations, you prolly paid a pound to watch it and it's a Thursday the 38th in jelemburary, so you know there is nothing good on TV, if you get a chuckle out of it, who gives a fuck. Twilight Zone is on for what 30-40minutes and if it manages to trick you into thinking it's a good show once in a while then fuck me, your human.

He got wrapped up in his own hype or something, the twist thing is good the first few times you use it, then people start expecting it, seriously I called the Happening like 20 seconds in and I was fucking JOKING. And now come to think of it I think all of his movies have been borderline retarded, I just got distracted by the pretty people and didn't notice.

Bar the first two (for which I apologize) if I spoil any of these movies, fuck off I'm doing you a favour.

Sixth Sense is about a mentally ill young boy who thinks he can see dead people, but zomgz what if he is right!!!

I forget the details (it was 1999 and not the Matrix, sue me) I'm gonna gloss over the fact that Bruce was the most coherent and undisturbed ghost that we see, that just so happens to have forgotten his own death, where all the rest seemed to remember quite well or freaking the fuck out because no-one was talking to them but I'm pretty sure these events take place right after Bruce's death not years later. In which case, WTF?!? I don't care how pissed off I've made my girl, she speaks directly to me, even when she's not speaking to me, she's speaking at me.

Nobody speaks to him at all, for fucking months and he doesn't notice. This probably speaks volumes about my only mental state rather than the movie but when I was younger I used to challenge myself to see how long I could go without speaking to someone (prolly why I now never seem to STFU), whilst not just hiding in a room somewhere, I got boreded easily as a kid, I wanted to do a week, it's impossible, sure he talked to the kid but fuck me, after about 3 days it's very frustrating.

Basically, Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osmand are Jedi Master's of acting, cause it was a good movie to watch.

Samuel L Jackson, what can I say, he's hit or miss, often becomes a laughable but depressing caricature the crazy black guy trope in some movies and he's been in some shit films. But he ate Unbreakable up, then shat out gold bricks and I think it was fucking brilliant.

However, the twist was just not necessary and almost fucking ruined it for me, there is something so sad and sweet about Samuel's character before the grand reveal *rolls eyes* he needs Bruce to be a superhero cause his life sucks, he is basically seeking someone to life out his fantasy of being a super hero because it gives reason for his disability, he was cursed so someone else could be blessed.

Police are stupid, we all like to think it, all they do is go round hassling people needlessly searching them if they aren't white and then giving you tickets for stupid shit that you so weren't doing, when they should be arresting REAL criminals. Thing is they aren't, they figure shit out and they generally don't give up, Julius fucking arranges all or at least the most recent of these accidents to find a superhero.

One, he's a comic book collector/artist, fuck off, he doesn't have the money to do this, think of the most famous comic book artist/ collector you know, how rich are they ? they'll be doing all right as in having there own home/ steady income but they ain't fucking criminal mastermind evil scheme Dr. Evil, I have a yacht inside of my other yacht, rich.

Two, He's not physically capable of doing even half of this stuff. If he gets hurt it's pretty much permanent, he's gonna need henchmen, he's gonna need to pay people to do this for him, given that he's pretty insular he doesn't know anyone, where's he gonna find this shit out, he's gonna have to troll the internet, he's going to create a paper trail. Baring Islamic fundamentalist who tend to die therefore get away, we have this tendency to catch terrorists who blow shit up, even when whole communities help cover up what they did.

Signs, I'm pretty sure this is where he started the fall from grace.

We can't travel further than the Moon, we are not, as a space race technically advanced in anyway, in comparison to a species that can sail the stars, we are silly apes strapped to explosives. And despite this, we wear motherfucking space suits.

Why? because we need to fucking breathe, we scan the sky's for habitable earth-like planets and we know before we land if it is okay for us to survive there, IN ADVANCE. To put this is perspective we will play this out with humans in the aliens roll.

We have located a planet, it's quite far away, 75% of it's surface is covered in highly deadly Hydrochloric Acid, it often rains this down from the sky in high volumes, satellite (you would send this first) scans reveal that the creatures that inhabit the planet need it to survive and it makes up a large proportion of their mass. I propose we send a brave mission there, to go bollock naked into their homes and masturbate on their roof tops, purely for the lolz and for no monetary gain.

The Village, it was 20 minutes walk from a fucking motorway. No Helicopters, no planes over head, no ramblers walking through. There are tribes in Brazil that haven't had contact with the modern world that they've found them and they live in the Amazon, miles from anywhere. They lived in the middle of America, near a major road ... FUCK YOU.

Lady in the water, an apartment building superintendent Cleveland Heep rescues what he thinks is a young woman from the pool he maintains. When he discovers that she is actually a character from a bedtime story who is trying to make the journey back to her home, he works with his tenants to protect his new friend from the creatures that are determined to keep her in our world.

The Happening,

Wind blows the branches of the tress, mysterious music plays, ignorant fuck shouts 'ZOMGZ! the TREEZ DID IT!' cinema audience laughs, he was right, no-one who was there can ever laugh again.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:02 am

kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:31 am

Saw the dragonball movie a few nights ago...

I think if I had to make a choice I'd choose airbender over that.
I think you can pretty much take every one of my complaint from airbender though and apply it to dragonball.

its really odd to see Chow Yun Fat suck.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

What could he do ?

He's a good actor, a good one. He would need to be the Ghengis Khan of actors to save it, he prolly gave up caring half way through.

I haven't seen it, to me the poster alone screams 'I'm shit! avoid me'

No one gives a fuck about Dragon ball,

Dragon ball Z is what people know and has a fanbase, so to avoid those storylines is shooting yourself in the foot right away.

Dragon ball is fairly tame, Z has the big storylines with the OVER 9000 power levels and the super sajin and all that jazz. And sure I, like most young boys, loved the shit out of it because 'holy fuck! people die and the punch each other LOADS!' which taps into something primal in the ole noggin.

The Epic Saga's in hindsight aren't so epic, they aren't terri-bad 100% and but it's still bullshit and the cartoon was at least 90% filler at any given time.

Lets make a movie from the Origin story that nobody cares about from a cash-in move that's about 10 years too late to cash-in on the wave of hype generated by the program.

Like Street Fighter Legend of Chun-li
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Ever seen Role Models? It's LARPtastic! And it has boobs. What's not to like? :lol:
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:06 pm

I did, a long time ago, the American version of LARP is even gayer than our version, if that's somehow possible, I enjoyed it though.

A lot of the hits would be illegal strikes irrc, we frown upon bitch hitting.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Nothing like waiting almost two years to reply to a comment...
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 am

Two year is a median time for everything I do, so it's cool, breakfast takes an eon.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:02 pm

No you, I mean James!
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Matt wrote:No you, I mean James!
Wasn't really a reply. What does Role Models have to do with DBZ? :?