Red dead revolver.

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:15 am

Rockstar pisses me off.
they manage to pump out awsome game concepts AND ugly graphics.

Red dead revolver is no exception.

its got camera issues that we've all gotten used to, and its still working the 3rd person shooting angle. wich is just as hard to aim in as it is in an fps.

but once you get over that you'll recognize the pure sweetness of the game. its a spaghetti western. so if you like those kinda films you'll love it that much more.
even the main character borrows from clint eastwood. you'll see refferences from lots of films like quick and the dead. I think if this game was developed as a movie instead, it'd be the next big industry hit.

probably one of the most original titles you'll come by.

but like i said rockstars graphics department needs a bitch slap and a threat. its like theyre not even trying.
I cant rember the last time i saw polygon hair in the style of early ps1 titles.
the are really low rez and stretched to a blur, so they lake much detail. and what really kills them is that they dont use single mesh character models.

i wanna meet the lead art director.

SO I CAN KICK HIM IN THE NUTS!!!!

sombody could make this same game over and give it a graphical makeover and the game would be a lot better.

still despite its ugly appearance. its a damn good game.
I'm considering buying it. even tho ive rented it and just about finished it.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:46 pm

cant say i have played it....dont even know why im posting

oh yeah is it like manhunt?

that game fed my bloodlust.......till i completed it and the frigging all weapons cheats didn't work!!!
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:52 pm

I havent played manhunt. I heard it was utter shit. due to a lacking combat system.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:35 pm

aye it did but the gore level was cool

you can smash a mans head into pieces and get rewarded for it

and the voices......mmmmmmwaaa

perfect
Last edited by Matt on Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:56 am

I mentioned this to Dylan. He said that Rockstar only picked it up at the last minute, it was developed by someone else. So it's not entirely Rockstar's fault.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:29 pm

despite camera issues, which almost all third person shooters have, it still is an awesome game with an awesome concept
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:32 am

Chewi wrote:I mentioned this to Dylan. He said that Rockstar only picked it up at the last minute, it was developed by someone else. So it's not entirely Rockstar's fault.
because the game was getting canned. canceled. Rockstar took off where the other stopped at. can't blame it all on R. they wheren't the original creators of the game.
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:25 am

only speaking from a consumer's viewpoint.......the graphics and what not didn't really bother me, I personally thought it was a pretty decent game, and a refreshing change from all the semi-auto firepower games we got now, pretty cool to transfer to good ol' single action, six-shootin' fun. pretty high on my list for the simple fact of it being a western game, don't see much of those, and personally I think that it will remain one to mention for a while. *awaits an onslaught of differring remarks from graphic fanatics*
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:42 pm

Paradigm wrote:despite camera issues, which almost all third person shooters have, it still is an awesome game with an awesome concept
i have to retract this statement. Red Dead Revolver completely blows. i have never experienced a worse fighting system or multiplayer setting
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:51 pm

cant say i understand how that complete 180 works.

but the multiplayer aiming issue is one we kicked around the office and still havent found a proper solution too.

if you let it go (like red dead and most other games do) aiming is a little tuffer than it needs to be.

if you make a lock on system aim is so easy that it require ZERO skill to shoot sombody and the oerson has ZERO chance of escape unless he can run behind a wall or somthing.
it results in ZERO fun.

ive been trying to find a middle ground. but i havent found and come up with a good solution yet.

if all else fails. I have to follow suit and let it go like everybody else does.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:27 am

kaos wrote:cant say i understand how that complete 180 works.
lol i sadi that first thing before i even played the game