Is it just me?!

Information, problems and conversation on anything and everything to do with Aura and these here boards.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:42 am

Ok...anytime I've come here in the last year...the load time per page has been insanely long. Ok...so not THAT long. But longer than it should be considering most pages have no images on them other than the regular site graphics. Maybe it is just me. Or....perhaps I've missed something?! I just don't know. But, it's driving me nuts. One reason why I hadn't been here so much. At first I thought it was my slooow computer. But...atm...I'm on my mom's pc...and it's a million times faster than my old one. And it's still loading semi slow. Any reason? Or suggestions? Or am I missing something? /Lost.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:56 am

My page time is around 1-2 seconds with a Intel 1.6GHz piece of shit PC in work on a 2mb net line.

FireFox is the the win btw, ;p
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:04 pm

Well I generally don't find it all that slow but it's true that on the odd occasion, it does go slow as hell. Aura isn't hosted professionally, it's just a server I set up myself for work and as such it only has a 1024/384 ADSL connection. That's not bad but it's probably much slower than most other forums. When it's goes reeeaally slow, I suspect it's because one of Richard's kids is using some P2P program. I hawe told Richard to make sure they set bandwidth limits but I don't know if he has. I reckon the real reason you find it slow though is because the server is located in Jersey (not New Jersey :P) whereas most forums you visit are hosted in the US.

Why do we host Aura in this way? Well for one thing, it's free, and more-importantly, it's a very convenient way of allowing me to keep a constant check on the server. If it wasn't for Aura, it would probably be a week before I would even notice that it was down.
Descending Fate
Whelp

Post by Descending Fate » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:28 am

yep it's all you!!! HAHA!!! i got nothing.... :/
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:07 am

Even when I open pages from Japan it ain't that slow. So it has to be the server itself...or your boss's kid's. Well..I was just curious. Thanks for the replys. I'm relieved to know that it's more than likely not an issue on my end. Ya'll know how fast pc's blow up around me. lol
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:00 am

Japanese pages aren't necessarily hosted in Japan. Probably but not necessarily. We were hosted in Holland before and none of us have been there.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:42 am

nah they are usually hosted in japan but they have a super fast connection faster than i wish to think off. In some places they have a 10mbit up and down ...... i want that. And thats just some ones internet line. No idea what the companies are. So really from anywhere in the world u shouldnt have to much problems accessing there sites.

On the server here it could be a many of things why, how many of ppl are on this when u visit, is it urself or a few others are on? Each person will help to make it slow. Especially if its just a standard connection, not a business line, and if the hardware in the server it self is kinda weak. Plus it could be what u doing on ur end. Most top in server have a cache server on there side as well so the bigger sites will load faster anyways.

Some times this place loads slow for me but am sure its my downloads which causing it and that my line is getting shared with 5 computers ^^
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:30 pm

Okay that's enough babble, Cisco Boy. :P
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:33 pm

ph34r my cisco know how!!!
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:42 pm

hehe at least he was trying to be helpful ;)

I was having that problem with Aura a while ago, but lately she's been a good lil girl.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:51 pm

Girl? I made a lil girl?
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:53 pm

ok... Boy...shemale....it?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:54 pm

Well I called the server "hair" because of it's involvement in the hair fashion industry. Umm? It's just strange when you call it a "lil girl" since I built it with my own bare hands.
Last edited by Chewi on Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:57 pm

hehehe

Well i'm sure one day you'll make a real lil girl, in the interim though I think Moody teenage angsty tempremental Aura will do.

Anywho what kind of boy would be called Aura
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:51 pm

one who'se parents desprately wanted a homosexual