MP3 players

From those killer tunes that you heard 6 years ago in the back of a mini bus, heading into Utah, or the songs that are on the radio now. This is the place. (No R&B please, because it doesn't exist)
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed May 18, 2005 5:04 am

I'm not just thinking of buying an MP3 player, I AM going to buy an MP3 player. I'm definitely thinking about a 20gig IPOD right now (screw the 6gig Mini). I want something to put all my CDs on before I head to Japan, and this seems like a decent deal, especially if I can get my student discount on it still. I wanted to see what people here had to say about it, and if they have any other good suggestions. SO feel free to say anything!
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon May 23, 2005 4:49 am

waste of money, buy a PSP. you get mp3s + movies, games, internet.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon May 23, 2005 5:33 am

I don't play video games that much anymore, and I already own a portable DVD player . . . so screw UMD formatted movies which cost more than a DVD, and a player that costs more than any other MP3 player on the market (considering you have to buy the PSP for $250, then buy a large fucking memory stick to get any sort of storage for a lot of songs . . . not to mention the battery drain of a PSP.

Bah, I ended up buying a 20 gig IPOD on Friday, and I ordered a Apple IBOOK as well on Saturday. Should be well on my way to filling that Ipod up before I leave for Japan ...
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon May 23, 2005 5:37 am

Uh....Why not just take all your CD's with you?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon May 23, 2005 1:44 pm

Apple is actually a complex code word that few people seem to release, I'll help you out

Apple = Shit
Last edited by Mik on Mon May 23, 2005 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon May 23, 2005 6:10 pm

Well, space is limited and also those things can get heavy when they are all together. Considering I have to SHIP everything FedEx to Japan, that's really not worth it to take all that stuff. I'm going to try and save money in any way I can. I've talked to dozens of my friends that own IPODs what they think, if they've had problems with them and all that, and I've heard nothing but good reviews about it. So I'm not too worried about Apple being "shit" as Mik has said. However, if I ever come back into this thread and whine and bitch how something is fucked up with it, THEN you can say that and say "told you so". But until that happens, I'll just keep listening to it and loading songs up onto it.

I was thinking of taking all my video games with me too, but I think I'm just going to take a small CD case full of the ones I will play.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Mon May 23, 2005 9:35 pm

i have a Archos AV400, it does me, 20gigs and i can watch movies on it plus record of the TV. I just like watchin RvB on it ^^