Two very interesting bits of news

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:47 pm

St.Lucifer wrote:thats because it doesn't
however inferior it may be it has the biggest and best titles
Again dude thats ur opinion, personally i dont like alot of the titles u like. Like i dont like the new FFs, i love FF7 and thats it. I dont like the new MGS, I can list some more. But i go saying "Sony sucks monkey balls there consoles is the biggest piece of shit in the entire land" I dont cause i own 4. I play GTA:SA on them and some of my PS1 games. I'm not a fan boy ... i really not a big fan on the new consoles to me Amiga kicks all there asses, no much of a console but still. Atari 2600 fuckin great. I like X-Box cause it runs all my old games and does what it needs. I dont find problems with triggers. Jumping are not usually used as triggers when u play and firing is sometimes used or when if i dont. I adpat pretty well with triggers. And to be honest with pads u guys dont seem to think that there isnt much u can do to a pad. U guys must have pretty small hands.

And why u taking about hardware the PS hardware isnt something to prase about. I admit i like the sonys entertment equipment its good solid stuff but they went wrong at the PS, its really not that well made compaired to the other consoles going.
Last edited by EchoPark on Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:24 am

It sells....

Sony had shifted like 20 million units of PS2's before X-Box came onto the scene. By the time X-Box shifted 20 million, Sony was onto 50 million. I think those are accurate...I dunno.

Talking about hardware, because. Sony make Hard-drives. They develop there OWN chips, They've just patented a CPU chip in America, MS have people make them for them, then patent it.

In your own words, Dave. the CD drives that come with X-Boxes are shit. Zomg, thats been brushed aside and forgotten.

My hands are fine, I can hold X-Box pads fine, its the god-damn set up I don't like. although the smaller one was easier to handle. Saying that, I can't use the pads on a Gamecube, too bloody small!

Avoiding the fanboy status, if X-Box churn out a good RPG, I'll buy one I think.

Also, X-Box games are the same as PS games :P Need for speed and all those, True Crimes, Hitman Fifa...they're all Sony titles....
echopark wrote:personally i dont like alot of the titles u like. Like i dont like the new FFs, i love FF7 and thats it. I dont like the new MGS,
MGS is now on the X-Box as well :P

Eitherway, I'm beyond caring. only one thing got my goat up, a while back mind, was my aunties greek BF, he had never played a PS2 and owned an X-box, he was complaining about PS2 pads. But you can by an X-box set out like a Sony pad, so bleh!
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:44 am

Dude the PS2 has been out longer and is one of the best selling consoles i am not saying it doesnt also i'm not sayin its shit. I just dont like ppl prising sonys hardware ... cause it is shit. And the X-Boxes DVD drive is shit ... to be honest shit please never say that. Depending on the verison u get depends on the DVD Drive. The dvd drive in my X-Box is acutally better than my one i have in my PC and i dont buy cheap for my PC. X-Box has thompson drives which are totally shit plus they make drives for the PS2, Samsung which are the bees knees which comes to drive probaly one of the top 3 drive makers i know after Lite-On and another team which is mostly on average. Harddrives are alright in the X-Box. Sony doesnt make the entire box alot of the pieces are 3rd partly like any console, GC get ATI the lucky bastards, while MS only gets fuckin shitty NVida (Sorry for all u Geforce lovers out there but sorry they suck they have to make shitty background rendeing to get good framerates) I heard the X-Box is gettin ATI next tho the same team as the Game Cubes which would be sweet cause those dudes are like gods! But again i cant see the error with the set up. I mean i was brought up with dodgy controllers, so i guess i alright, like i say i liked the PS first set of controllers it was the Dual Shocks i dont like where there placed. Not sure. GC controllers are so cute!!! I mean shit there hard to get use to at first but when u master it, u can use any controller. U can get the same on the PS dude. Just not heard of as much. U get this cool usb thing to turn ur X-Box controller to the USB which is sweet no reason tho lol. U can buy PS2 ones so ur safe there. I love them cause no dual shocks analogs on them, i dont what about them i dont like. Oh and one thing shin i didnt say i liked X-Boxes MGS, that one really sucked. I played 20 mins of it then deleted it again
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:15 am

.....MGS3 was amazing, how can you not like it. MGS 2 was total shit
Last edited by Massacre on Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:23 am

EchoPark wrote:Dude the PS2 has been out longer and is one of the best selling consoles i am not saying it doesnt also i'm not sayin its shit. I just dont like ppl prising sonys hardware ... cause it is shit. And the X-Boxes DVD drive is shit ... to be honest shit please never say that. Depending on the verison u get depends on the DVD Drive. The dvd drive in my X-Box is acutally better than my one i have in my PC and i dont buy cheap for my PC. X-Box has thompson drives which are totally shit plus they make drives for the PS2, Samsung which are the bees knees which comes to drive probaly one of the top 3 drive makers i know after Lite-On and another team which is mostly on average. Harddrives are alright in the X-Box. Sony doesnt make the entire box alot of the pieces are 3rd partly like any console, GC get ATI the lucky bastards, while MS only gets fuckin shitty NVida (Sorry for all u Geforce lovers out there but sorry they suck they have to make shitty background rendeing to get good framerates) I heard the X-Box is gettin ATI next tho the same team as the Game Cubes which would be sweet cause those dudes are like gods! But again i cant see the error with the set up. I mean i was brought up with dodgy controllers, so i guess i alright, like i say i liked the PS first set of controllers it was the Dual Shocks i dont like where there placed. Not sure. GC controllers are so cute!!! I mean shit there hard to get use to at first but when u master it, u can use any controller. U can get the same on the PS dude. Just not heard of as much. U get this cool usb thing to turn ur X-Box controller to the USB which is sweet no reason tho lol. U can buy PS2 ones so ur safe there. I love them cause no dual shocks analogs on them, i dont what about them i dont like. Oh and one thing shin i didnt say i liked X-Boxes MGS, that one really sucked. I played 20 mins of it then deleted it again

Paragraphs?

I'm sure you said you bought a new one for your x-box because the one it came with was shite?

MGS isn't out here yet dude :P
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:33 am

Nyko's air flow controller is the perfect size (xbox)

i hate playstation controllers now, they used to be great

of course, if you really want to see something bad, pick up a REAL old controller, like a NES, or a Coleco Vision. those things were HORRIBLE.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:24 am

St.Lucifer wrote:thats because it doesn't
however inferior it may be it has the biggest and best titles
Shinny dude .... u really need to get out more MGS 3 came out last friday .... my m8 brought it and finished the game over the weekend.

To be honest i cant think of the reason why i dont like it anymore it was just something i dont like now.

I have more X-Boxes than i have PS's, also the fact that u cant put any drive a X-Box cause the power lead is different. The black interface is weird. My drive is stolen from another x-box cause its a better drive. Samsungs are pretty expensive and known for being good drives. But X-box drives are different from the ones u get for ur PC

Goat please say u got one .... Nyko's air flow controller ... I WANT ONE!!!! lol I really do
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:40 am

Yeah, I heard something/read something, about X-Box having to dish out new powerleads because of ones sold before oct or dec 2003 being fault and not meeting fire regulations. Thats no shit either, some caught fire when it melted!!!! check your leads!!

And, I DO need to get out more. In fact, I'm applying for a job at a games shop in Keighley (random naming town there) ...TODAY, very soon. Muhahahahaha

Then you can't STOP me from [s]defiling your motherland[/s] coming to Scotland
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:45 am

Yea i know, sold before a certain date but, it was the 3rd party companies fault. And before anyone says most all companys have 3rd parties to make there power cords. The one i had for the Nintendo was another one with a warning and so is Archos mp3 player lol its all weird lol
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:13 pm

EchoPark wrote:Goat please say u got one .... Nyko's air flow controller ... I WANT ONE!!!! lol I really do
yeah i've got it. I've got two actually, the original one, and the second one. I've also got a Game Cube one (very hard to find) because my ex-girlfriend had a gamecube.

the gamecube one sucks though. The power flow to the controller is so low on a game cube, that it can't handle both rumbling and running the fan at the same time, so the fan only runs when it's not rumbling.

anyway, nyko now has a wireless airflow. if i didn't already have two, i'd probably pick that up. it looks real good.

as far as the cord thing goes, yeah they gave away replacment cords to all the people who had the older, defective ones too. The new ones are no joke either, they've got built in triping devices (like the kind found in bathroom outlets) that break off the power if the xbox or the outlet is doing something shady.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:34 pm

Airflow....those pads that you turn and shake about to control?

Those looked pretty l33t, but I'd break it.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:02 pm

I think Goat means the pads with the fans in them so it cools ur hands. There amazing. I want some but over here in my area there hard to find i might have to get them imported.

I heard the odds to the cords about them blown are pretty low. I been using mine since i got them and i havent been any problems lol its werid but my trip switch for the house is pretty senstive so. I might order mine soon.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:48 pm

the odds were better then 1/1000, and on top of that, you had to leave your xbox on for a LOOOOOOOONG time for it to be a factor

and yeah, i'm talking about the ones with the fans. if you get sweaty palms, these things are gold.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:59 pm

I lose about 10lbs when playing a game with tension :( I need one of these pads.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:36 pm

I'm sure the PS has one, a lot rarer than X-Boxes ones tho. X-Box ones are gettin common