Aura Wars

Junk goes here, bitches.
Loki

Post by Loki » Thu May 27, 2004 3:40 pm

Greeves was dead, blood all around him like a pool. Rhi stood there as the assassin left him. A small grin appeared on his face as he walked over to some drawers beside him. He started to open the third one and inside it was clothes. The second one had some under garments, and the first had his wallet and jewelry. Rhi had no need for jewlery so he went straight to his wallet.

Greeves was loaded. "Rich son of a gun" Rhi though to himself. Turning around he noticed that he had failed to protect Greeves, but he didn?t care, Greeves was a bastard o him. Closing the drawer he sprinted out he room and down some stairs. A bartender stood in silence, he looked as if he was frozen. Rhi didn't care as he saw a bullet hole right beside his face on the wall.

"Damn" Rhi said in pleasure as he looked around the area of which the assassin did a number on.

Leaving the "Empty Bucket" he saw that the assasin was just about to leave town. Rhi gave it all he got to catch up with the assassin. "Hey!" Rhi yelled to the assassin. "Hey!"

The assassin turned around, his shotgun in his hands. Totally stopped he didnt move an inch, as he gave a glare to Rhi. Rhi finally got there; out of breath he tried to regain his stature.

"I?ve got a proposition for you.?

?I?m listening.?

?I know of a place where we could get some good money.?

The man stood in silence as he looked into Rhi?s eyes.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Mon May 31, 2004 8:30 am

Several Days Into The Voyage?

Kane stood at the prow of ship gazing off into the distant horizon where the ocean met the sky pondering over the last several days of being rather quiet but suddenly he heard footsteps approaching him and he glanced over a shoulder to see the captain of the ship giving a sharp salute which he returned in favor.

?must be something important if you?re not on the bridge?.?, Kane slowly stood to his full height as he moved away from the railing he was leaning over as the captain glanced to the aft of the vessel pointing a trailing sky-ship.

?we just spotted her not but a few moments ago?came out of the clouds and has been descending on a slow intercept course. It looks like it may be the bloody rose if I?m not mistaken sir?.we tried an encrypted order frequency but we haven?t received any response?, the captain glanced back to Kane who was now slowly moving a bit away from the railing.

??.she?s listing some?could be they got into trouble perhaps?sound general quarters and keep our bearings?slow engines and we?ll see what?s up?, Kane was now moving along with the captain as they both moved up the ladders leading to the bridge. As the captain began issuing orders and the general quarters was sounded order troops took their posts as the helmsman brought the ship to a quarter of it?s previous speed allowing the sky-ship to catch up.

Just as the bloody rose caught up to them, cannon shots could be heard and smoke showed as they realized the bloody rose was opening fire upon them. Splashes surrounded the Sierra Blue as the cannon shots missed their mark due to the ship?s slowing speed. The captain took quick action, ?HELM! HARD TO PORT! Bring us about and power engines to full speed!?

The captain glanced over at Kane who was now staring out a view port at the trailing bloody rose that had just fired upon them. It looked as if he was not only surprised but shocked and the captain realized this was something Kane had not even considered that could happen with all the various factions and un-scrupulous people he brought into the order.

?sir, do we open fire upon them or not??, the captain awaited as the ship slowly closed the distance to the blood rose which was now firing once more sending splashes of water up around the vessel once more and one shot impacted at the stern of the vessel rocking it to the very core. Men at posts were thrown about the vessel and some lost their lives in the sudden blast but the Sierra Blue continued on towards the sky-ship at an increasing speed.

Kane stared blankly at the bloody rose for a long moment before he rounded and stared at the captain, ?put her down?.knock out her engines?that way we can board it before it sinks to the bottom?I want to know what the hell spurned this action??, as the captain began issuing orders once more, Kane turned back to see more splashes as incoming cannon fire erupted around the vessel once more. His thoughts centered on Colonel Felix and just why he?d do such a thing. Perhaps he thought to himself, felix had figured out his ultimate goal for the aurian jewel and decided to switch sides.

His thoughts on the matter ceased though as the Sierra Blue?s Main Guns to Fore opened fire. The cannon shots rocketed through the sky, some falling short and some impacting into the sky-ship?s stern engine rocking her to list even more. As the battle raged on, Kane paced about the bridge of the Sierra Blue as both vessels traded shots to and from. When the smoke from the cannons finally subsided someone yelled out, ?She?s going down!? and kane was swiftly brought out of his thoughts once more as he watched the bloody rose plummet towards the sea.

?captain?make for her before she sinks?get a boarding party ready, I?m going to find out just why in hell they opened up on us?.?

OOC: yeah yeah i know...said i was gone for awhile and i was and i still will be...just kinda got persuaded some to make this and to help get this moving along some more...and damnit nova....get to making a post again....i want you to take the initiative here a bit more than you've done here.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Mon May 31, 2004 10:48 am

Sitting on a window seat of the civilian transportation, Clayton stares out the window, looking both at the passing scene and the faces refleted in it. Thinking on past horrors, and of the mission he's been hired for.

~"You're to meet one of my troops on the eastern most continent. From there you and he are to track down a person of interest. The Grifter will have the rest of the information for you."~

Watches the water come rushing up as the skyship, prepares to land. Turning to face forward, he's thankful his permits allow him to legally carry all his equipment on him. As they prepare for final decent, his hand tightens around the handle of his Gauss Rifle, in his fast attack bag. Years of training and condition had left that in him, even if this wasn't a combat zone per se.

Getting up and leaving the ship with the others, thinks about the place where he is to meet the Grifter, hoping to get this over fast and get the final part of his payment.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Mon May 31, 2004 11:08 am

Grifter had recieved word from General Artemis that Kane had left for the "island" and requested he meet his aide in question upon his landing at the port in Delmar City as quickly as possible not but a few days ago. He had gotten word someone knew of their plans and had started to target key members of the order as of late and they didn't want to start losing their special operatives or hired aide either where they didn't have much in the ways of support from the order itself.

He had a picture of the middle aged man he was suppose to contact and get to work with on the mission at hand on searching out the beast from the well known legend within the order that had done great battle with one their own so long ago. they were also to investigate the vankin group and find out just how much they knew about the legend and about the order itself. he had been given strict instructions not to give his aide any of the specifics other than what he needed to know to get the job done. afterwards, he had other orders that were quite specific indeed, he was to make the man "disappear". it was an order he had carried out many other times but something about this sent a bit of confusion through his mind about the reasons behind it.

upon finally seeing the man in the picture departing the airship he slowly made his way through the crowd, his trencoat buttoned up halfway and his fedora pulled low just enough to barely touch the top of his sunglasses. just before the man in the picture he had took notice of him barely seconds before he appeared out of the crowd he extend his arm to shake his hand, "mr. clayton....i know it's not how we were suppose to meet but....things have come up...", as clayton took his hand in greeting, grifter led him into the crowd still speaking a bit lower this time, "....keep your eyes sharp for tails....once we get to the safehouse outside the city i'll inform you of everything you need to know..."
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Mon May 31, 2004 11:39 am

Walking with Grifter, Clayton nods wondering, what could have happened during his trip to warrent these changes, but accepts the anyways knowing the past can not be changed.

His bag over his shoulder, his expert eyes, scanning the crowd for possible danger and followers. Thinking about the man to his right, as he does, contimplating what could make such a young man, as hardened as he seems. Wondering if his actions in service had changed boys like him. Regrets.. that is part of why he is doing this..

Catching sight of a strange person, he speaks out of the side of his mouth with no movement at all and low tone. "Two o'clock, the man with the ticket, looking confused about where he is. brown jacket, undone, left under arm bulge. He keeps staring past us, even though this is unload only, and he has a boarding ticket."
Last edited by BoboTheIceMan on Mon May 31, 2004 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Mon May 31, 2004 11:54 am

without bothering to even avert his gaze from straight ahead grifter kept his pace at his normal speed, "already noted him when i arrived....he's been here since before i was, and still has yet to board any form of transport...."

as they exited out onto the sidewalk he nodded towards a parking lot at a plain colored blue suv, "get in quick....if i'm right that may very well be someone from a rather powerful orginization trying to take us in for questioning...and that my good man....is a courtesy i don't feel like extending at the moment."

just after mr. clayton got in on the passenger side the man that had been inside the terminal come up from behind him and he quickly dropped his hand to his side. the man had already produced a handgun and held it level at grifter's head as he spoke, "if you would be so kind.....please come along quietly...."

the man didn't have much else to say as grifter had made a swift and rather lightning quick move with his lowered hand to jab up into the man's gut as he used his other to interlock around the man's arm that held the gun to move it away from his head before it could go off and slammed him against the side of the suv as he drove the sleeve dagger up into his sternum before shrugging him off to the ground in a heap...."i hope that was quiet enough....", grifter slid his dagger back into his sleeve and hopped into the suv and started it up, "first day here and things are already looking piss poor...."

as the suv sped out of the parking lot he noted police arriving rather quickly more out of searching for them than the man that had just been killed.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:36 am

Clayton kept a look out for a chase car, as Grifter winded his way through streets on the way out of town in the non-discript suv. He not said a word about the killing, seeing it as self defence.

"I take it they must not have known you were here, else they'd have us by now. my question is.. how did they know I was comming?" Watches the 'Thank you for visiting' sign, approach and pass them, and gives a slight snort. "Either they have an informant in your little group.." he beggins ticking off fingers "They are watching your boss like a hawk. Good Intel. Or message intercepts." watches the cars driving past into the city.

"I just hope this safe house is secure." With that he lapses back into silence, ever alert.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:27 am

as he guided the vehicle further outside of the city and the terrain began to change from grassland to forested, grifter finally spoke up. "i doubt they're watching my boss....i also doubt they are intercepting messages considering the fact most are hand delivered, except an occassional few such as yours with that phone contact. best bet lays someone on the inside....i'd rather not even consider that though....the order has some of the most loyal people you'll ever know."

grifter's voice was full of zeal for his fellows in arms almost blindly but something seemed out of place with how his shoulders seemed to sag down as he finished his statement. as the suv pulled into a rather rough side road leading into a wooded area, grifter brought it to a complete halt and put it in park.

"from here we walk...and don't be too concerned about how they knew you were arriving today....someone else will deal with that end of things. right now lets worry about getting to our destination.", with those words grifter hopped out of the suv and opened the rear hatch pulling out a pack and a katana which he placed inside his trench coat and waited for clayton before he began moving off into the woods.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:45 am

Nods and follows Grifter through the forest, the soft soles of his army boots making no noise. His eyes ever scanning, his combat expertise comming back to him.

slipping his canteen from his pack takes a small drink, offering some to Grifter, as they keep up their pace. Clayton wonders how he an wear that heavy coat, while walking. Taking slight comfort at that sounds of nature, knowing that people haven't been here recently, or here now, save for the two of them.

shifts his pack slightly, feeling the reassuredness of his knife against his back, just under his vest.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:09 am

slowly grifter led clayton out into a clearing where the only thing of note was what appeared to be somesort of boulder with an opening at it's center and steps leading down into a cavern.

"mr. clayton....i hope you're not scared of confined spaces.", grifter turned on his heel slightly to give the mercenary a once up before heading down the steps and into the dimly lit cavern. the air was colder than outside and the rock walls were damp. as they finally reached the bottom it opened into an underground tunnel and grifter headed for the area where he had equipment already set up.

"i'm guessing you'll be wanting to know just exactly what all the specifics are to being here....first off, we're to plant charges all along this tunneling system and well into the city limits. it leads to our target aswell as a few other things that aren't really either of our concern. this'll take care of two birds with one stone and you're only here for one bird, i'm here for both....so, if you have any problems with me carrying out a secondary objective while on the one with you...say so now, if not...there isn't no going back once we start. if you do, well....no offense, but my boss aswell as myself do not tolerate any form of disloyalty from anyone.", grifter dropped his pack and shrugged off his trenchcoat leaving his katana wrapped up in it laying snug against the pack.

at either of his sides were two uzi submachine guns in holsters almost like a pair of pistols which he didn't bother relieving himself of.
Last edited by WildCard on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:25 am

Shrugs and sets his pack down. "I'm fine with it, so long as your boss keeps up his end of the contract." Stands there looking at the man infront of him "So whats our our bird look like, and what all is there to know about him?"

Slings his gauss rifle over his shoulder, and finding a place to sit, makes himself comfortable.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:43 am

Grifter starts pulling out a few detonators from his pack and crouches down as he begins hooking it up to one of the bombs within the equipment already set up around them.

"my boss always holds up on his promises....and i only used bird as a figure of speech, it's not exactly a person we're looking for, it's an item. a very specific item. a scroll in delmar city musuem....we just found out this scroll places exactly where the white aurian gem is.......", grifter stopped working to glance up at clayton.

"....this scroll makes or breaks us right now. there will be no failure in this endeavor cause we have no other choice but to succeed. failure entails death and i don't know about you but i'm a fan of living. one bomb is going to go off here in 2 hours, it'll knock out the security systems in the museum not but 15 minutes after it closes. it'll also knock out power to half the city aswell, in that time frame we have exactly 10 minutes to get in through an underground manhole in the basement, retrieve the scroll and make our way back into the tunnel system before vankin org security forces arrive.", grifter went back to setting the bomb up as he shifted spots to get another piece of equipment.

"....once we're out, we have another 20 minutes to make it to pickup zone a mile and a half away. we'll exit through another manhole at street level where we'll be picked up by an order transport vehicle....it'll have no markings other than a red star on the left side...remember that, cause if we get seperated or something happens, it'll be the only thing of note to worry about to find. now, when you're inside, i need you to get the scroll itself...", grifter reaches into his shirt pocket and hands a picture over to clayton of what the scroll looks like; a rolled parchment with an orange tie and two red clasps at either end holding it closed.

"...retrieve it and we'll meet at the same point in the basement where we enter through. i'll be carrying out the secondary objective while you're doing that...don't ask either cause i doubt you want to know.", grifter finished the bomb he was working on and moved to another......
Last edited by WildCard on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:28 pm

A Week After the Raid on Alantara

"Corporal... Are the men back yet?" Artemis implored to the man standing guard at the entrance to the tent. The men had been out training for several hours - training mandatory of a new regimen set about in the course of the last week. Artemis had given up on the "well enough"'s and "suited to the purpose"'s given by Kane when the force was handed over to him. He intended to make this group of so-called soldiers an elite fighting force to be reckoned with. Using a blend of guerrilla tactics mixed with large battalions of heavy weaponry, even the ever-mobile Alkerite would have considerable trouble facing this army on even terrain. But the true power of the Army of The Order wasn't in their sheer power, but the ability to use terrain to a further advantage than any fighting force in existence could hope to accomplish. Aye, this was Artemis's dream. For now he just had to see them through the training.

"Sir, I recieved word by runner that they were going to finish up a few more scenarios in the ruins to the east and then head in for the day."

Artemis checked his watch. 19:00. Well, at least the men were showing initiative... that or the Death Guard assigned to them were.

"What does intel have to say about enemy movement, Corporal?" The Order's personal intelligence division was very skilled at reading the harsh terrain in this portion of the world, and made excellent pre-emptive assumptions as to enemy positions.

"The latest report, Sir, not more than an hour ago, was that a large caravan of Alkerite warriors are passing through the mountain pass not 4 miles from here. They should be exiting the farthest end tommorow."

"Corporal, will you send for the artillery commander? I have a suprise for the Alkerite, and I mean to have the timing perfect."
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:27 am

Cecil looked over at Rhi. They had just met a couple days ago and he knew little about his new partner. There was a mutual feeling of don?t ask, don?t tell. All he knew was that they were heading to the headquarters of the Vankin Organization. The shinobi hadn?t revealed much about the job at Vankin.

They had been walking through the desert for days now. They?d traveled quickly, passing through only one town the whole way. Cecil, still paranoid, kept a constant watch on Rhi. He still didn?t completely trust him; after all, the man had tried to kill him.

?How much farther is it?? Cecil groaned as he wiped the sweat from his brow. Rhi turned to the gunner and gave him a skeptical look.

?You don?t know where it is?? he asked, seemingly surprised by Cecil?s question.

?Not really, I know what the Organization is, but I?ve never been,? Cecil responded monotonously. Rhi shrugged.

?We?ve still go to get out the desert. And then it?s a bit more after that. We should be able to get transportation at the next city, speaking of which?? Rhi said and then pointed ahead of them off in the distance. There was the faint silhouette of a town just ahead. It appeared to be larger than the last.

After another half an hour they had reached the city. Cecil?s assumption had been correct, it was much larger. It showed some sign of technology and there were actually buildings built from brick and steel. They walked through the village until they came to the tavern.

They approached the bar and sat at the counter. The bartender came over to them, rubbing a glass clean with a white cloth. He nodded to them and quickly asked, ?What can I get you?? He was glancing at the two nervously, his eyes darting at Cecil?s shotguns and Rhi?s various blades.

?Scotch,? Cecil replied curtly.

?I?ll have the same,? Rhi answered. The bartender nodded quickly scuttled way to pour their drinks and he soon came back with the two shot glasses.

?Can you tell us where we might be able to find some transportation?? Rhi asked the bartender. Cecil gulped down his scotch and then spun around, supporting his back against the counter. He spotted two people in the back corner. They had a shady look to them and were poorly dressed. Their clothes were tattered and torn. They eyed Rhi as he reached into his pocket and tipped the bartender with one of the bills from the stolen wad of cash he had taken from Greeves.

Cecil wasn?t listening as the bartender pointed out where they would be able to find their transportation. His eyes were fixated on the two men. They were beginning to exchange nervous grins and then started laughing.

?Let?s go,? Cecil said as he pulled Rhi aside.

?What gives?? Rhi asked in response to Cecil?s rude behavior.

?Six o?clock, watch them,? Cecil explained. Rhi nodded and the two began to walk out of the bar. Cecil turned to Rhi and nodded. Rhi smiled and they continued to walk down the street. They both heard the shuffling of feet behind them. Cecil grinned maliciously to himself and then spun around, brandishing his shotguns. He fired twice, both shots landing before the two men?s feet. They both jumped back. One reached at his belt and retrieved a pistol; the other grabbed a knife from his boot.

Rhi immediately readied his wakizashis and leapt at the knife wielding man. With a quick slash of one wakizashi he struck the man?s hand and the knife he fell flipped into the air as he reached to grasp his wounded hand. With another slash he brought his blade into the man?s chest. Blood shot from the open wound, spraying the area around him. It came out in waves as the last of his circulation died.

The other man looked nervously at Rhi as he swung his wakizashis in a quick jerk, causing the blood on them to whip through the air. Rhi turned to the man with a sadistic grin on his face. The man began to tremble and he raised his gun at Rhi. A shotgun sounded and the man screamed in pain as his hand was torn from his wrist. Another sound fired and he fell to the ground, blood pouring from his shattered skull.

?Now lets get that ride,? Cecil said returning his shotguns to the straps at his side. Rhi nodded and sheathed his wakizashis.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:28 am

Thanatos, bored with his pitiful attackers, continuted on his way, and after a few more hours of walking came to a large dead tree at a fork in the road. reaching, he grabbed a massive hammer that he had stored there for the previous week. as he pulled it out, it got stuck, so with a light tug he shattered the tree. then he walked on, unaware that he was headed straight for the base of the Vankin group.