Women forces daughter to drink bleach.

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:58 pm

Last edited by Wulf on Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:16 pm

And the mother wonders why the girl lost her virginity in the first place. <_<
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:14 pm

she named her son cotton....

COTTON

why the FUCK are people this dumb even allowed to reproduce at ALL?
Saddam
Trainee

Post by Saddam » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:42 pm

Thats an interesting connection you have made there James.... between the consumption of bleach and sexual promiscuity. :lol:

Super Goat weed - the reason why people like this are allowed to reproduce is twofold and relatively simple.

1. To give the intelligent minority an emotional boost
2. To give the great unwashed a form of entertainment that their soleless lives lack.

God bless the social inadequates for their services.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:43 pm

Well perhaps it was a little presumptious of me but I'd hardly think that someone capable of doing something like that could be a very good mother.

Actually the detectives name was Warren Cotton.
Last edited by Chewi on Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddam
Trainee

Post by Saddam » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:49 pm

I apologise, that was somewhat of a low blow on my part.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:21 am

Mothers can be truly evil:

http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/catalog/extra...data=0099466295

'Munchausen by Proxy, the world's most hidden and dangerous form of child abuse.'
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:06 am

Her brother will be traumatised having to watch his mother do that to his sister.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:27 am

I'm pretty agaisnt the whole death pently but i kinda hope she gets it. Its ppl like that in the world what sickens me, and at times i wish i could something about it. I mean what goes through a parnets head to do that kinda thing but not other that, makes there 9 year old son to watch and if he sred a tear, they threat to do the same. The world makes me sick.
Saddam
Trainee

Post by Saddam » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:36 pm

The idea that mothers (or anyone else for that matter) can be evil is somewhat of a red herring. The woman in question is clearly in need of medical support not punishment.

All this illustrates is another failure on the part of an underfunded social services department.

The question of Munchausen's by Proxy is a difficult one. There is still mainly anecdotal evidence to suggest that this condition really exists. Personally I'm open to the debate on its existance however I do edge on the cautious side. Like many other forms of diagnosis this too may be off the mark. My fear is that it could become fashionable to diagnose many cases of child abuse as Munchausen's by Proxy without truly analysing the cirumstances in which the events occurred. The concept of Munchausen's by Proxy is very recent and thus should be treated with upmost caution and restraint

On a semantic point, by nature, the most hidden and dangerous form of child abuse is one which is entierly unheard of, not one which the mass media is clinging to for its populist agenda.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:04 pm

what the FUCK did you just say?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:55 pm

Actually I happen to know what Munchausen's by Proxy is because I read about it in the paper last night. Coincidence.
Saddam
Trainee

Post by Saddam » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:28 am

take a look at this article Super Goat Weed - if you are so inclined. It pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the condition without having to read a book written by some self obsessed former victim.

Enjoy
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:48 pm

everythings a syndrome or disorder these days, take resonpsability for your own actions damnit.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:27 pm

i'm suprised i haven't heard of this before

very interesting

and yeah, a mom's gotta be pretty sick to do this sort of thing, but there's an element of straight up neglect here as well... i mean a 12 year old girl is out there messing around with a guy. Obviously the mother didn't care enought to deal well enought with this problem before it occurred, and also, if she really cared, there's MILLIONS of books out there discussing childhood sexuality and parenting skills.

as far as punishment vs incarseration, i believe in a combination approach. Even if the accused is proven gulity by insanity, i don't feel that this should excuse 'serving time' for the offense. Perhaps a lesser, more understanding sentance is in order. This, in combination with medical treatment for whatever disease is involved, seems like the happy medium for all concerned.

as far as 'by proxy' disorders, i have no problem believing in the general existance of them, but cases such as this one are a little touchy. Evidence is sketchy and almost impossible to come by, and this seems to be a specific case of punishment for an offense, rather then some sort of associatitive disorder. Yes i'm sure she's got mental issues, anybody who would do sick shit like that would have to, but like i said, it would be VERY difficult to prove.