The Legend of The Aurian Jewel

Junk goes here, bitches.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Sun May 16, 2004 3:57 am

Ok, so far the ones coming up with this legend or least for the most part, the three leaders of the factions. It will be up to us to get this started once we get it all worked out and hopefully that will be within a day or two at the most. Note, just cause we used one of the other players to set one of the objects in mind you unwittingly to his character does not mean we have to allow that with everyone here. we're merely trying to get this kicked off as quickly as possible cause most of us are getting rather impatient with wanting this started.

once we have the legend typed up and finished, we'll have it posted here for all to read that will be required to be read if you wish to actually take part in this. yes, i'm a nazi like that. :P
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun May 16, 2004 3:59 am

All Hail...

Opps... I mean "BOO Mike!"

But yeah between Mike, Johnny and myself we should get something wrangled out.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Sun May 16, 2004 4:02 am

i can help too. just not tonight, have to go.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Sun May 16, 2004 4:04 am

Nosferatu wrote: i can help too. just not tonight, have to go.
to that i will say, only to the extent as to what the three of the leaders (namely those already stated) so choose to. :P
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun May 16, 2004 4:46 am

personally I think its been swayed enuff with giving you the dark gem.
besides adding you would only slow this thing down.

as it is we were already a week behind.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun May 16, 2004 4:54 am

We have it working pretty alright with the gem embedded into him. It works into the story. If after the first draft is up and you still aren't too happy about it Johnny we will edit it up for you kay?

Didn't you always want to slay a dragon anyway?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun May 16, 2004 4:56 am

Rather put it in my gladiator pit and pit my prisoners against it.

maybe ive said to much.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun May 16, 2004 4:59 am

teehee

PLACE YOUR BETS!
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Mon May 17, 2004 1:07 am

kaos wrote: personally I think its been swayed enuff with giving you the dark gem.
besides adding you would only slow this thing down.

as it is we were already a week behind.
i meant giving ideas for the legend, not bending the rpg to my will.
mic the knight

Post by mic the knight » Tue May 18, 2004 8:34 pm

I will join if thats ok with you
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Wed May 19, 2004 12:32 am

mic the knight wrote: I will join if thats ok with you
Go say that in the war call then.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu May 20, 2004 1:56 pm

OOC: This is only a draft, I was going to send it for proofing for Mike but since your all kind of antzy I tool in liberty of posting it up. A more indepth knowledge of the world of Aura itself will appear soon in a seperate thread, in which the guidelines of what you can get away with in the world are detailed also what the world itself is like and the rough geographical esitmation of where some things lie. Also a better description of the Aurian jewel and it's broken up counterpart will come later. I'm tired though and going to bed. I have a house warming and 21st birthday to attend over the weekend... so it WILL be coming... But I want to be social. YEAH it's LONG, a shorter version will be available... either by myself of Mike (Sorry Mike... but I got confused with your last part and just... kind of went... I'm changing this.) If anyone here Hates, Loathes, Despises or generally dislikes how I've written it. I put forward to you to create a legend better than ours.

Legend of the Aurian Jewel/A cursory History of Aura.
The Aurian jewel in its true form is a translucently clear sphere about the size of a man’s clenched fist. Its origins are not truly known. It is believed that the jewel has been known to many civilization and many worlds through the space of recorded history, it has resided on the material realm know as earth. How such a power came to manifest itself there are unknown.
The few that know little of its history believe a man called The Oracle is the only soul to know. Whether this is the case is only known to him. It’s powers are immeasurable wielding both the tides of good fortune and ill will throughout time. It is said to hold the powers of the 7 realms within it’s crystalline walls awaiting to be unleashed.

The accounts below are those of The Oracle, a being no longer of the realms, nor separate from them. His soul task is to never allow the jewel to be used for good or evil again.
************************************************************************************************************
The void is all he could see, even though he was still on a plain of existence. He could see that which had come, which was, and many of the possible outcomes if those seeking the jewel acquired it as a whole. So many years had passed since the great catastrophe, which shook the very core that bound the realms together. The Aurian Jewel was the very catalyst that had spurned a madman on a quest of destruction. He did all he could to ensure the fate of his world did not end up in the hands of such a chaotic and deranged mind. Yet it had been too late for his world and that had only been the smallest fraction of the jewel power. The history before the jewel came to be on the world known as Aura to it’s inhabitants is only known to a small few, the knowledge hidden from most of those alive today.

The Oracle was once known as a normal man, one whom existed in a very ordinary way upon his world of Katarren. That was until the day he found out about the Aurian Jewel and those who would use it for great evil on his world. His life purpose would become to protect those he loved by never allowing such a force to be unleashed on fair Katarren. Unfortunately his quest failed and Kattaren was obliterated by the jewel power. The Jewel destroyed it’s wielder and drifted to the world of Tarvis, that at this time was quite a primative planet. The Oracle carrying the knowledge of the jewels power had traveled to Tarvis in an attempt to deal once and for all with the gems powers. A council was formed, as he attempted to unite those that understood the true power behind the jewel and the threat that such a power held to all life in the 7 realms.

The council agreed that a quest to dispatch the jewel into the void was needed so none could ever have the chance to destroy all that was bound by each realm. But such an endeavor required the jewel to be lessened in power erst the destruction of the jewel cause irreversible harm to the surrounding realms. A decade passed before a way to separate the jewel into many pieces and be discarded across the void was accomplished. The arcane ways of the Tarvisians resulted in them making alliance with worlds they had not previously known existed. Such treaties where aided by The Oracle and much was learnt during this era from the cultures they came in contact with.

When dissolved the Aurian jewel formed it’s 7 individual properties of the 7 realms. Elemental Fire (Red), Electricity (Orange), Light (Yellow), Earth (Green), Water (Blue), Wind (Indigo) and finally Dark (Violet). The last realm which no one has been able to distinguish as a true realm is that of The Void, a nothingness of which only one thing is known. That which goes in, shall never return to the 7 realms again. It has been shown that the jewel of light, a rod of cirtine is able to locate it’s fellow jewels to it’s barer.

Tarvis had during that time formed a tentative trade agreement with Charus, that world of the Charon a highly militant group of Reptilian like beings for space vessels able to withstand the long journey ahead. With what technology was available, the council took to the stars in an attempt to disperse each gem that was a part of the jewel as a whole.

Unknown to the council though was a dissention in the ranks, a secret order had formed with differing opinions and objectives to the ones previously made. For the majority they disagreed with how the Aurian Jewel should be disposed of. Obliteration of the jewel where not the plans this small faction had for the jewel. They believed that separation of the jewel to be enough to protect the realms and remove it’s presence from Tarvis, without the risk of disposing the gems into the void having dire consequences. The true purpose of the Order though was never established.

As they moved their plans into action the main council body was duped. As they set out on their journey, they were besieged by an unknown force that had come across the vast expanse of the stars to take the Aurian jewel as their own with the aide of the secret order. Later it would be revealed that the a few members of the Charon’s military and the Order held an alliance.

A great battle raged above Tarvis that day, he could still remember how those he once knew and trusted had turned upon him and the council in their greatest hour of need in a mad attempt for greed and power. His efforts where coming to naught yet again. With the unwanted blood shed and loss of life he had so hard tried to prevent.

Those entrusted in transporting the jewels to the boundaries of The Void where methodically rounded up, each individual that carried the jewels was swiftly put to death. The council, becoming aware of the subterfuge mounted an attack on the vessel in which the gems where accumulated and as the renegades began to piece the jewel back together, the very forces they allied themselves with rounded upon them. The Charon conspirators wanted to acquire the jewel for their own plans.

In the melee of confusion as ally fought ally turned enemy, and enemy anew, a lone Tarvisian warrior quickly retrieved the newly formed Aurian jewel, removing each piece as before and quickly jettisoned them out airlocks in an attempt to scatter them across great distances. Unknown to him they would descend 6 comet like objects to the neighboring world of Aura even more primitive than Tarvis.

Upon readying the final jewel for launch, a Charon warrior managed to steal away from the battle and vainly attempted to retrieve the dark jewel itself before it could be launched away in hiding.

The lone warrior fought valiantly but knew he would never win so, in a final attempt to keep the jewel hidden just as the beast moved in for the kill, he had quickly lashed the jewel to his blade as he lay upon the deck and with a final jab, unbeknownst to the beast; the jewel was driven into it's scales. As the warrior took his final breathe, the beast searched his body and belted out a roar upon seeing it's prize was no where in sight..

Members from the secret order had managed to gain the upper hand and had all but utterly pushed back their traitorous allies. Only one Charon vessel remained and the beast made his way back to his own craft to escape. Leaving the area under heavy fire from a Council ship, in the interchange both craft sustained heavy damage, but the Council vessel had taken far too much damage, exploding. The explosion caused his shuttle to be thrown off course and he did his best to make it to Aura safely and unseen. As he crash landed the battle still raged between the split council in the stars above. Neither side was gaining an advantage and the very thing they fought for was no longer within their grasp. It is unknown who unleashed such weapons but a final cascade of explosions rocked Tarvis. It is believed they where weapons made by the Charon. Obliterating Tarvis hurling rock and fragments through the galaxy and Aura. Surprisingly a few craft made it out to escape the carnage from both sides. They unbeknownst to them landed on Aura the world in which the Aurian Jewel now lay. Their arrival not clearly noticed by the inhabitants of the world in the midst of a sky of fire.

As they attempted to make lives for themselves on Aura, neither faction truly realized others had survived until years had passed and each began seeing signs of their own civilization in various places of Aura. None could truly remember the great battle except the elders that had survived. They brought knowledge to the Aurians in various ways, some diabolical and others humanitarian. Those from both sides of the split council had managed to keep their dark past hidden from those that had come after them in an attempt to keep a war from spreading once again that would very well ruin everything they were slowly achieving. The Oracle himself was one of the few survivors and worked arduously at seeking out the Aurian jewel once more. He vowed to himself he would find each piece and simply shatter them so none could ever seek their power again. It wasn't until he realized that his old friend and a traitorous one at that, had managed to survive the great catastrophe and had somehow managed to built himself up into power once more. He had acquired one of the gems and The Oracle did his best with those that understood the need for its destruction to wrestle it from his grasp. A terrible war beset the lands of Aura as two sides rallied to their own causes manipulating the Aurians in their battle, their own leaders hiding what it was truly over.

As the war tapered off, both sides had lost their great leaders and neither was willing to progress further into annihilation. A truce was called and both went back to their own ways of life, scattering themselves through the lands once more. Somewhere hidden within each side though sprung various people who knew about the Aurian jewel and each sought it's power in some shape or form. With the knowledge of their world's past within reach, many sought out the one jewel that would lead them to the remaining lost few. A terrible darkness gripped the oracle within the plain he still existed upon. He could see that a member of the secret order had survived and managed to have an offspring to take up in his stead. His hopes seemed lost for this world but soon after he sensed something that could very well bind together the torn but hidden few that still believed in the old ways. It wasn't long before he witnessed from his plain of existence as each were slowly killed off by those that sought the jewel's power.....

For centuries the existence of the jewel has been lost in legend, Aura has flourished and progressed to become a complex society encompassing many cultures. Whilst the jewels existence has been lost in legends, some have acquired the jewels through time. It is now known that all the gems rest in Aura and that they await collection. Acquiring the set of jewels in order to allow them to assimilate is a hard task. Some lay hidden untouched by human kind the end of Tarvis, others secretly closeted and one… roaming the world unbeknown to it’s bearer,

The order of the Iron Fist, a mysterious and elusive order is rumored to have the Fire gem a garnet of rich red. The Emerald known as the Earth jewel lies within the hands of the Vankin Organization. The jewel of winds, an amethyst held by the Alkerite.
Last edited by Melana on Thu May 20, 2004 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Sat May 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Sounds good to me.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sun May 23, 2004 12:13 am

Intruiging
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Sun May 23, 2004 6:21 pm

works for me. only thing i see is i was going to go with my whimsical ways and name my home planet Styx, but this works allright too.