progressivly better...

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:04 am

Do you think movies are getting better or worse.

I know a whole lotta things suck lately, but it seemed like most things that came out of the 90's was crap.
Last edited by kaos on Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:01 am

they tend to be concentrating more on effects and losing out on plot character development and such, it happens all the time tho, movies i like need decent plots and stuff, seen the second bourne film yesterday, i found the story was weak and uncompeling, yet they splashed out on the car chase, which whilst pleasing and stimulating, was left wanting to be part of a decent story line

or, as i coulda just said, many movies nowadays suck ass, tho, theres a few shiny ones here and there
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:08 am

well just about any story you can come up with is going to have probaly been made up before, that's why we make movies about marvel superheros, and catwoman....which I won't even bother to see that, just seems like a big excuse to see Halle Berry in leather.....which I might see for that....*descisions descisions*
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:27 am

in my opinion the films that are coming out are sucking majorly......they as nik said...lack story and the want to watch factor.....like....the day after tommorrow..was so full of americanism it was boring...like there was no other countries in it....frost chasing people...ooo beware the frost...t.v is going the same way too...the new enterprise star trek thing...WHY ARE NO GOD DAMN ENGLISH....JAPANESE.....AUSTRIALAIN?...WHY.....WHY..*falls down and hits floor*

but yeah...movies are lacking something new...like dodgeball...boring american teen shit...been done far too many times...but there is alway the argue factor of "oh but this is a little differnt"...chronicals of riddick looks new...not too orginal
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:34 am

god damn dude. if you got a american problem why dont you grow some american balls and just come out with it american style?

either that or shut the fuck up about it. bite down on somthing hard, bend over and let it pound you into submission.

now out with it.. i hate seeing these little pussy stabs at it every other post.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:22 am

Most of 'the day after tommorow' plot development came from the research team, that was located in *Dun Dun Dan DUH!!!* Scotland, you asshole. The day after tommorow flick between more than just american and scotland too.

Yes, the movie was sappy 'Dan and Son reconcilation' boolicks but that's to be expected. The Brittish Film industry isn't exactly fucking diverse they make the chessy over-used Cockney gangsta bullshit (which only guy ritchie did well) and the sickening Hugh 'tosser' Grant driven romcom's.

Star Trek: Enterprise sucks monkey knob cause it's poorly written, poorly realised and poorly acted having a English actor in it wouldn't help in anycase it always beena more american driven cast as the show is in ...AMERICA.

Yes, teen movies have been done before but it's a comedy the pretext isn't important it's the jokes. How many jokes have you heard begin with 'knock, Knock' surely they're not funny cause hell they all begin the same.

Riddick looks pr0 and I sure the plot is evil to fight evil, gig but that's been done it tonnes of way from Raziel vs Kain to Wolf vs Kaos. Every story you think of has already probably been told in the 1000 years before all that can change is delivery and details.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:07 pm

no point taking a dig at america over films, alot of countries produce shit films, and word to kicking hugh grant in the teeth

but yeah, america is a big place, theres gona be a hell of alot of movies produced, of which 90% of em, to me, are shit. But then, i prefer dry comedy (ala. python, curently watching the knights of ni seen in japanese, its way off, but still funny as fuck) Then you get films which i detest due to minor things, spiderman, i just cant stand the cg in it, sure its well done, but they seem to be aiming for a comic look, which isnt realistic, but then, some folk like that. Chronicals of Riddick looks damn sweet, i like the visuals, havent a fookin clue what its about tho, so i cant say much more on it really, but in all, the pish films are becoming more and more populative of the industry, but, the good films that do arive, are getting better, the lord of the rings encaptulated me, cos i knew that jackson was going for realism, trying to capture the feel of the books and show what he saw middle earth as, wasnt how i saw it, but it was damn good regardless
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:01 pm

better a lot better... you just watching us films too much...
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:57 pm

guns and talks, we need more films like that, i seem to prefer watching foreign films from the east rather than the west nowadays, not sure why yet, but hey, roll with it
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:08 pm

having not read anything I have this to say

I find myself wanting to go to the theators more often these days

the late 90s and early turn of the century have sucked.

maybe 1 movie I want to see a year, and it wouldn't even be that great

I have seen lik3... 6 movies this year alone

maybe more

ever since the last samurai movies have started getting better it seems
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:53 am

I'm more a comedy man, I mostly agree what wolf dude is sayin.

I like the look of dodgeball I dont care if its been done before if it can make me laugh great. And just by watch the trailer its done that. I'm not a big fan on horror or thrillers, its really had to find those types of movies anyways. Action movies are alright, as long as there is Humour, by that u can tell I wasnt a big fan of the matrix series, dont get me long it was alright but just wasnt my type.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:27 pm

You're thinking of american horror, americans can't make horror movies, man.

Even if it's rated 18 it's made so that if a 10 year old kid saw it, he won't really be all that freaked out. Brittish can make good horror .. i.e Dog Soliders
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:17 pm

Yea good point dude, never thought of it like that. Dog Soliders was good lol
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:00 pm

it's all cause of the line

' I hope I give you the shits .. you fucking pussy' *stabs wolf with fork* *guy gets eaten*

I can't wait for the sequel, DS2: Fresh meat
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:04 pm

im sitting here bored, and you just reminded me how fucking kick ass that film is, ima watch it now *runs off to get the dvd*