Where are they now ?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Re: Where are they now ?

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 pm

Looks like Google is putting a pillow over Hangouts' head and gently shushing.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:33 pm

Funny, Marna was trying to use Skype tonight and I said just use Hangouts. This kind of shit was supposed to stay in the 90s. I've actually given up now, I don't even bother with IM any more. If you need me, it's email or IRC. Or Slack but only at work.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:17 am

Chewi wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:33 pm Funny, Marna was trying to use Skype tonight and I said just use Hangouts. This kind of shit was supposed to stay in the 90s. I've actually given up now, I don't even bother with IM any more. If you need me, it's email or IRC. Or Slack but only at work.
Yeah I'm much the same, now. I ditched all social media earlier this year. I haven't been contactable via IM for a couple of years, either. Though, not if you include WhatsApp.

When I started at Emerald they were using Atlassian HipChat, which was interesting. Eventually me and my friend managed to convince them to move to Slack last year. Though, Slack's buyout of HipChat certainly helped that along. The IT crew were are big on Teams, plainly because it comes free with the Office 365 stuff they use for our email. They have a high amount of disdain for the development team now, though. I wouldn't have minded if Microsoft had a Linux Teams client. I'm left using https://meetfranz.com/ for it, but I can't video call or join anything from it.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Chewi wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:33 pm Funny, Marna was trying to use Skype tonight and I said just use Hangouts. This kind of shit was supposed to stay in the 90s. I've actually given up now, I don't even bother with IM any more. If you need me, it's email or IRC. Or Slack but only at work.
IRC is older than IM's lmao.

I use Discord and messenger for my real life peoples, have to use Skype for work, I'd bin it tomorrow if it wasn't for that.