Ayreon

From those killer tunes that you heard 6 years ago in the back of a mini bus, heading into Utah, or the songs that are on the radio now. This is the place. (No R&B please, because it doesn't exist)
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Ayreon

Post by Wulf » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Anyone heard Ayreon? Recommend it for anyone who is a fan of proggy stuff.

Basically an artist called Arjen gets all these different artists together such as Russel Allen from Symphony X or Labrie from Dream Theater, Mikael from Opeth and such and throws them all onto the same album. Most of the albums have a science fiction theme to them or fantasy.

Into The Electric Castle is a great starter, all the albums are concept albums so best to listen through them from track 1 to finish.
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Re: Ayreon

Post by Shane » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 pm

I never could spell Ayreon right. hahaha. good stuff though. :)
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Oh my god, how the hell did I not know about this? WHY WASN'T I INFORMED!? I spent the whole of yesterday listening to this stuff on Spotify and I still wanted more. It's all my favourite bands rolled into one. Literally. I mean on "Flight of the Migrator" alone, you've got the guys from Symphony X, Helloween, Iron Maiden and Rhapsody of Fire, all of which I'm a big fan of. On others, you have the vocalists from Blind Guardian and Within Temptation. I haven't even found the one with Labrie or Mikael yet. And vocalists aside, the music is just fantastic. This is nuts. :shock:

What's funny is, I always thought some of my favourite power/progressive metal bands should get together and do some kind of epic musical. This is almost like they did but they didn't bother to tell me. :?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Don't like it,

weird cause I like folk music and I like rock ... but the two mixed, meh.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:41 am

I wouldn't say that's what this is. Blackmore's Night is a better example of that.