Help my pick my next PS3 game, please?

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Help my pick my next PS3 game, please?

Post by Xanien » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:33 am

I'm currently living in Japan, so you might think it's difficult to come across English language games, but there are a few bilingual games here. I'm currently playing Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, and don't think that's going to last much longer (cause of how much I'm playing it). So here's a list of bilingual games I'm thinking of buying next.

-Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil)
-Bioshock 1
-Killzone 2
-Rachet and Clank: A Crack in Time
-Resistance 1
-Uncharted 2
-Heavy Rain

What would be your top 2 choices?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Re: Help my pick my next PS3 game, please?

Post by kaos » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 am

Bishock 1
uncharted 2

that's only based on what I've heard though.
With the exception of a few demos, I haven't played anything on that list.

Why bilingual and nit just a plain English game?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:00 am

I wondered if it was because he had a Japanese console but PS3 games are region-free.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:49 pm

The only ones i've played is Uncharted 2 which i found to be excellent and Heavy Rain which was fun for me. Tho going with reviews and gossip it would be bioshock 1.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Uncharted is helmed by Amy Henning, I'd play the shit out of anything she makes.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:11 am

kaos wrote:Bishock 1
uncharted 2

that's only based on what I've heard though.
With the exception of a few demos, I haven't played anything on that list.

Why bilingual and nit just a plain English game?
The fact that I have a Japanese PS3 doesn't matter, but 90% of PS3 games here have ZERO English support. That means no subtitles, English text for directions/menus, and all the characters speak in Japanese. I've tried playing all Japanese games before, and it's a slow, slow process.

If I want a plain English game, I have to order it online or have somebody in the USA buy it for me, and then send it in the mail which takes weeks. I'll just play these bilingual games first, and once that list is exhausted, I'll start having games shipped over.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:51 am

Yea i kinda know how it feels. I played halo 2 in french .. as it was a week before release, lucky halo games just shoot everything and ask questions about it later. And just go in a general direction, when it came to objected stuff now we would be fucked. I had to start remember french class. I basiclly had it 90% done when it came out. I would hate to try it now with other games lol

Then again u remind me that i want to get a japanese ps3 one of the first ones which has backwards compality due to i want the A.C.E games i think the first 2/3 are on ps2 and then the last is on ps3.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:40 am

Heh you never told me that. Trying to imagine you playing a game in French. :lol:
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:58 am

Well like i said on halo it was "get with the talkie, more with the shoote" i didnt need to know much french to understand we are the superiour race kill the master chef and master chef i love u if i wasnt a hologram me and u would ... hmmm maybe the translations were a bit off but it was one of those games that if had to play in a different langauge it wasnt all that hard. The objectives in halo were more just go there shoot some stuff then go here and shoot some more.

All halo games get leaked and it was the french who did it with halo 2.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:13 am

Does anybody know the difference between Resident Evil 5 and RE5: Alternate Edition? Is the Alt. edition worth the extra $20/2000 yen?
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:15 am

"A western version of Biohazard 5: Alternative Edition was announced for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the form of Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition. Gold Edition will include the "Lost In Nightmares" episode. It was announced that the Gold Edition would include another campaign expansion called "Desperate Escape." In this episode players control Josh Stone and Jill Valentine as they journey to assist Chris and Sheva. Gold Edition will also include the previously released Versus mode DLC, four new costumes, and an alternate Mercenaries mode, "The Mercenaries Reunion." Mercenaries Reunion features eight new playable characters as well as new item and time placement for the Mercenaries levels."

Source: Wikipedia.

I'd say if you liked the game, why not. Basically DLC on the disk, though I really didn't enjoy RE:5 myself, but I think it's nicely priced for a decent amount of extra shit.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:19 am

Okay, so I'm thinking of getting another game.

Bioshock or Resistance? Which of the two would you get?